Wanted - Escape 19, in Florida - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-29-2015, 04:01 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Wow, that could be a huge red flag to potential buyers. I didn't spend near that amount of money and I would strongly suggest that the basic Escape model with NO options is perfect for a lot of people. Not everyone needs enough power to require huge inverters or 12-volt plugs every four feet or lights everywhere or the myriad other options mentioned on this forum. It seems that the tone of this forum has changed in the last few years and is veering toward who can spend the most money, have the most options, or make the most modifications. Just my opinion...

I completely agree. The stock trailer is very well equipped. There should be no formula or rule of thumb for a certain dollar amount allowed for options. Options are just that -- optional.

We USE every option we got, and we got it for a reason.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I don't think anyone is suggesting that there is anything wrong with loading up their chosen model with options. I, too, want my Escape to be my forever trailer and had it built accordingly. But it is misleading to suggest that spending many, many thousands of dollars on options is necessary or is the norm; I believe it to be an exception and not the rule. Of course, I could be wrong.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 05-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
I just looked over our build list: We originally had just over $4000 worth of options. When we sent a big check to ETI, the exchange rate was such that our payment was much, much bigger in Canadian dollars, so we added another $3000 worth of options over the last 4 months, and still are within our budget.
I haven't gotten the feeling of 'one-upsmanship' on the forum, but a lot of great suggestions and plus/minus analysis of 'druthers', that went into our later decisions.
It is, after all, our chosen path to have fun in when I retire. We're goin' for it! And, this brand is going to last well into our offspring's family years.
We did not go into this price-blind. The base prices are on ETI's website, as are the Features and Options/costs Lists. We read everything on their site beforehand. And we made a prelim. list before we ever contacted ETI. That's just the prudent thing to do. And I guess I'm assuming that everyone does the same, that's why they're in a financially firm position to make such decisions.
Hey Don what extra's did you get ? Don't blame you if the exchange was what it is now I would have spent more . But I am still happy with what we did get . One item I am going to do is now get the roof solar . We did get it pre- wired though . But all said and done. Love our little Bambi . Glad we never went for the airstream . Pat
Old 05-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hey Don what extra's did you get ? Don't blame you if the exchange was what it is now I would have spent more . But I am still happy with what we did get . One item I am going to do is now get the roof solar . We did get it pre- wired though . But all said and done. Love our little Bambi . Glad we never went for the airstream . Pat
Pat,
Originally, the big ticket items were A/C, thermal windows, insulation, and the front storage.
When we found we had more within our budget, the big items that we added were the bigger 12V battery, and Solar, and switched to LED lighting (instead of converting it later).
Old 05-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Pat,
Originally, the big ticket items were A/C, thermal windows, insulation, and the front storage.
When we found we had more within our budget, the big items that we added were the bigger 12V battery, and Solar, and switched to LED lighting (instead of converting it later).
Alright ! Is your battery 29 v ? We had that in our camper before trailer and had plenty power . Especially getting those Led's . The other bulbs really use a lot of power . Good you can get your solar now with your trailer . Going to see kids this summer so going to factory and let them install our solar . You are almost there . Take care . Pat
Old 05-29-2015, 07:28 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Escape is at the high end of fiberglass trailers and is still a rather new company. The biggest single group of buyers by age, if a survey on here of perhaps 10% or less of owners counts, is older and likely retired people who have saved for years and years and can get anything they want on a little fiberglass trailer, and still spend much less than many do on the alternatives.

Then there is the exchange rate where Americans were paying more in 2011 than the price in Canadian dollars for an Escape. In the last year, the rate went well in our favor. Even late last year, the rate was only half as much in our favor as it is now. When we looked at the options and how many thousands that was last fall, I didn't think we would even get an Escape with what we wanted on it or even get one at all. We looked at changing and adding to our 19'. Then the rate became better and better.

Keep in mind that all of these options and customizations have allowed Reace and Tammy to do well. Customizing is one of the biggest reasons buyers cite for going to Escape rather than another manufacturer. Then with the dollar situation, that makes it even much better for many of us.

In our case, having spent eight months' worth in our 19' and having gone many thousands of miles, we know what we want and use and don't want, and that is how we did the build sheet. A few hundred dollars' worth of items are included for the next owners --- items we think they would expect to have --- but most everything on the list is what we want.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:17 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Alright ! Is your battery 29 v ? We had that in our camper before trailer and had plenty power . Especially getting those Led's . The other bulbs really use a lot of power . Good you can get your solar now with your trailer . Going to see kids this summer so going to factory and let them install our solar . You are almost there . Take care . Pat
Pat,
Yes, we're getting the Group 29 - 126 AmpHr 12 volt battery. The Solar will be the 150 watt panel/controller. And LED's!
We'll be able to fish the back side of the Sierras for 5 days (or more) straight. The trout are shaking in their fins.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
We have had a fiberglass trailer in the planning stages for the last 3 or 4 years as a trip to Alaska is the number one thing on the bucket list. First it was a Scamp, then a Casita, and we ended up ordering the Escape. The conversion rate became a big help and factor in adding options we might not have otherwise ordered. Plus I will live in it for 5 weeks out of the year with my out of state work. For us in the US it is almost like a 20% discount right now. And this will be the first and only trailer we will ever own. But in my later years I have learned to never say never. And Sept. will be here before we know it and a whole new experience. Loren
Old 05-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Escape makes trailers that hit a price/performance/quality level that I could not find at ANY of the other US fiberglass manufacturers in 2 years of research (and visiting other makers.) We added just enough options to make this our last rig - to take us through all our wanders in our new retired lifestyle. IMHO, those who previously owned other trailers figure out what they really need for their build sheets and order accordingly.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 05-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Pat,
Yes, we're getting the Group 29 - 126 AmpHr 12 volt battery. The Solar will be the 150 watt panel/controller. And LED's!
We'll be able to fish the back side of the Sierras for 5 days (or more) straight. The trout are shaking in their fins.
You are going to have no trouble at all . With our 29 - it was a 9 1/2 camper with extended queen , we had reg lights . The next day I would put my 5 watt panel out through the escape hatch on the roof and it brought back battery power for night . So with 150 watt you are really going to be good . Pat
Old 05-29-2015, 10:44 PM   #31

Quote:
You are going to have no trouble at all . With our 29 - it was a 9 1/2 camper with extended queen , we had reg lights . The next day I would put my 5 watt panel out through the escape hatch on the roof and it brought back battery power for night . So with 150 watt you are really going to be good . Pat
Also had that battery for almost 8 years . It was a AC Delco . Pat
Old 05-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #32

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
We'll be able to fish the back side of the Sierras for 5 days (or more) straight.
I only have the (older) 90-watt solar panel and dual 6-V batteries, but have camped for ten+ nights without having to crank up my generator (Apr-Sep). During the winter months, the sun is too low and it's mostly cloudy in the PNW, so I've either had to supplement the panel with generator power (Oct and Mar) or used powered sites (Nov-Feb).
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 06-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #33

Trailer: 2010 19ft Escape
We live in central Pa. We have a 19ft Escape in very good condition. A lot of extra options have been added. It has always been garage kept. If interested please reply.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #34

Trailer: 2010 19ft Escape
Mike, we have a 2010 Escape for sale in central Pa. We are the original owners. Garage kept, no pets . A lot of options have been added. In very good condition. 8145994269