Wanted Looking for 5.0TA - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Classifieds Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2016, 10:10 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 EggCamper
Wanted Looking for 5.0TA

Looking for an Escape 5.0TA

Will also take over somebody's existing build order if that is allowed.

We live in S.W. Ohio but will travel for right RV.

I believe I cannot PM due to new member here (been active member of fiberglass forum for some time) so you can contact me at: Joseph.whitacre at gmail dot com

Thanks!
Old 09-23-2016, 09:20 AM   #2

Still studying differences between classic vs new models!

I've been hunting and pecking and finding things here and there - but is there a one stop place for the "classic vs new" differences??

Thanks again!
Old 09-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
The "new" 5.0 TA (2017) model isn't out yet so there is nothing to compare. Sometime soon, though. It should be similar to the "new" 17, 19 and 21 models with a more square body and bigger, more standard RV door.

I'm pretty sure Escape won't let you take over another buyers' slot.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:16 PM   #4

Thanks SFDavis!

Good info, and now that I think about it - it does seem like it would not be fair to allow that. It would in a sense be "cutting in line" because somebody else got out. And I agree, thats not fair to anybody who is waiting!!

As far as the differences I was curious about - I guess I was looking for more of a spec changes - for example:
1- flat sides vs round
2 - flat door
3 - better performing fridge (due to larger door)
4 - tilt out windows vs sliders.
others??

Those I am aware of - but other changes I'd like to know about too. It could kind of help between a decision of ordering a 2017 vs trying to find (needle in a haystack) 2014-2016 pre-owned model.

Thanks for all your help - its much appreciated!!
Old 09-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwscarab View Post
Thanks SFDavis!

Good info, and now that I think about it - it does seem like it would not be fair to allow that. It would in a sense be "cutting in line" because somebody else got out. And I agree, thats not fair to anybody who is waiting!!

As far as the differences I was curious about - I guess I was looking for more of a spec changes - for example:
1- flat sides vs round
2 - flat door
others??

Those I am aware of - but other changes I'd like to know about too. It could kind of help between a decision of ordering a 2017 vs trying to find (needle in a haystack) 2014-2016 pre-owned model.

Thanks for all your help - its much appreciated!!
I have a 2017 on order and I am "assuming" the flat sides, flat door with a hinged screen door, a bigger, better fridge and I will add the "extra insulation & frameless thermal windows" for $1500. and the "opening window in bathroom, frameless thermal for $300. CAD Those are the tilt out windows.

I am anxiously, even obsessively checking this forum several times a day waiting for information and pictures of what the new 5.0 TA body will look like coming out of the new mold. Soon, I hope.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:46 PM   #6

Congrats on your order!!! A smart move I'm sure! I checked the exchange rate, still not bad but not as good as it was in January. Maybe I'm secretly hoping it goes back down. Also the October build date is not appealing to me. I'd rather just wait till April of 18 vs October of 17.

Funny thing is the wife and I just sold our Casita 17 and bough an EggCamper. We love it! But I'm a planner and I know our next stop is a 5.0TA. Just thought it would be many years down the road from now. Now we are "debating" making it happen sooner.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwscarab View Post
1- flat sides vs round
2 - flat door
others??
That's a good start. There are extensive discussions - some in threads with titles which might not lead you to guess that would address this subject - but no tidy list.

I would suggest some tweaks...
  1. vertical sides versus sloped
    • the sides were always largely flat, with rounded corners
    • instead of sloping inward away from the beltline, the flat areas are now vertical
  2. flat door with integrated screen door
  3. better performing fridge (due to wider door allowing wider refrigerator model)
  4. tilt out windows
    • available as an upgrade alternative to sliders, only in double-pane (or "thermal") version
  5. awning with horizontally extending arms versus arms running vertically down the body side
  6. insulation material change
... but I don't know that this topic is the place to try to build a definitive list.

Although the 5.0TA (or whatever it will be called this time) is not yet finished, I think it is safe to assume that all of these feature changes do apply to it, and that everything which is both rearward from the door and from eye level down will be the same as the 21-foot model. Potentially significant changes in the shape of the loft area (because the "classic" inward slope of the upper sides is significant to the loft) cannot reasonably be predicted, unless you have an inside source.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:43 PM   #8

Hi Brian B-P

All great info! I really appreciate it! I'm still learning a lot about Escapes, and this info help me with the details - which I love to know. I think I like the old awnings better with the legs that hook to the trailer lower - and manual operation - but that's just me!

One of the reasons Im thinking about a 5.0TA now is I have a ton of mods to do to the EggCamper to get it where Id like it to be. The 5.0TA would be done!! And its what we will eventually own anyway as we get closer to retirement travels!

I'm going to keep researching, reading this forum, keeping my eye on the classifieds and continue pondering when the right time may be if we decide to place a new order.

Thanks again!!!