wanted to buy - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Classifieds | Buy, Sell, Swap > Escape RVs Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2020, 07:29 AM   #1

Trailer: 94 sportmobile, 70' travco, 86' u haul
wanted to buy

hi all, looking to purchase a used 19 or 21 footer. can view anyplace east of the Mississippi this spring. living in the Albany ny area now. work has me travelling the east coast down to Miami fla. no need for inspections as I do that myself. no hassle cash buyer but I can not pay new retail price for a used rig, dan

raydsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:17 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - since 1/9/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydsimmons View Post
hi all, looking to purchase a used 19 or 21 footer. can view anyplace east of the Mississippi this spring. living in the Albany ny area now. work has me travelling the east coast down to Miami fla. no need for inspections as I do that myself. no hassle cash buyer but I can not pay new retail price for a used rig, dan
Lots of used 19' for sale in Escape RVs for Sale .

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f16/

Old 04-22-2020, 05:25 PM   #3

yes, I have seen a few on the site but I don't really want to pay for a used one at new prices. I know they don't depreciate as fast as others but before I would pay those prices I would by a new one. I have an old travco class A and a class B sportmoble that I still use and am just testing the pull behind trailer waters. I have the tow vehicle (2016 chev express 1 ton) already.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - since 1/9/2017
Quote:
yes, I have seen a few on the site but I don't really want to pay for a used one at new prices. I know they don't depreciate as fast as others but before I would pay those prices I would by a new one. I have an old travco class A and a class B sportmoble that I still use and am just testing the pull behind trailer waters. I have the tow vehicle (2016 chev express 1 ton) already.
Good luck with your search. Others that have had the same search for a discounted used Escape ended up purchasing a new one in the end. A trailer that can be expected to last 30 years or more doesn't depreciate the same as a stick build that lasts less than a decade at most.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Yes, fiberglass travels may actually increase in value over time, something a lot of SOB (some other brand) owners do not realize. A slightly used E19 today maybe better than a new one 2 years from now and the new one will be more expensive.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:21 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19 ordered
After looking for a couple years at used and looking for a great deal. I ordered new. new and used seem about the same price.(new you get what you want)I seen several used trailers sell for more than they paid for them. If you search long enough you might find something. But if you plan on saving more than a few thousand best of luck. I did learn something it that search the few trailers that sold for more than they paid had very little options. I would have thought it would have been the other way around.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:28 PM   #7

Trailer: EX 2007 Escape 17B, 2020 E 19' on order
After owning 2 tent trailers, 2 big stick built trailers parked on a lot, my friend bought an old Trillium. We liked it so much and at the point of being stuck to one location with the big stick built, we bought our first fiberglass trailer. So trailer #5 was a 1977 Trillium, about 40 years old and still lots of life. Sold for what we paid for it. We wanted AC and a washroom, comes trailer #6, an Escape 17B, light aerodynamic but we wanted a permanent bed with a proper mattress. We waited for an Escape 19 or 5.0TA to come up used at a reasonable price, didn't happen, waited a year. We looked at other manufactures and settled on a Gulfstream Visa or Vista Cruiser. 10 minutes on the Gulfstream Forum changed my mind. My wife said your not going to be happy if you don't buy an Escape, just call the factory and get a new one!

Timing is a bit off, bought it right before a pandemic, how do I go get it, it was supposed to be an epic family trip going to BC.
Trailer #6 was a 2007 Escape 17B
2019 Toyota Tundra 4.6L 4X4 DC
Following TravellingRobert on Youtube
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:49 AM   #8

Trailer: 2011 Casita SD 17 Sold July 2016: 2015 Escape 21 Aug 2016
Also Consider Delivery Cost

Hi Dan,

We bought an 2015 E21 in August 2019 that was slightly over a year old. Saved a couple thousand dollars. The other big consideration for us was that, at the time, we were still working and didn't have time to got to Chilliwack to pick up a trailer and bring it all the way back to Tallahassee. If you have the time, of course, the trip to pick up the trailer is a feature not a bug, but there was no way I wanted to drive that far, then have to rush back through thousands of miles of great places that I want to visit without being able to stop and take my time.

The delivery fee to Tallahassee would have been several thousand dollars.

So we found the E21 in Louisiana. Sold a used Casita that we had owned for two years, for more than we paid for it. And committed to the E21 sight unseen. Fortunately we were already familiar with the advantages of fiberglass trailers and knew the Escape would be perfect for us.

We were able to pick it up as an overnight trip. It was in great condition, had virtually everything we wanted and is the perfect size for us. So we've been making happy camping memories in it now for nearly four years.

And though we have no plans to do so, we could probably sell it now for not too much less than we paid for it.

Just points to consider. Good luck with your search,

Paul
a602pmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #9

escape

hi paul, I would be happy to stop by and take a peek sometime next month, I am heading to Sarasota and then Miami via Nashville so it would not be out of my way at all. If you still want to let it go that is. I always forget to mention that I also have a 13' u haul camper that I pull with my travco. I painted them to match, dan
Old 04-23-2020, 11:32 AM   #10

I forgot all about listing my little 13' u haul camper along with the travco and sportsmobile, (all fiberglass)
Old 04-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Ray Simmons,
When comparing new ETI trailer prices with used trailer prices, it is important to consider ETI's new US $ pricing structure. Also, delivery of the trailer will add a couple of thousand dollars to your cost. So, that used trailer that you find nearby your home location may be a real bargain when compared to the actual out of pocket cost of a comparable new one.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #12

Trailer: 2011 Casita SD 17 Sold July 2016: 2015 Escape 21 Aug 2016
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that my trailer is for sale. It is not.

Rather my point was similar to Chama's -- the prices you are seeing posted for used Escapes are pretty reasonable. They may be a better proposition than you originally thought.
a602pmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #13

thank you much, all points are well taken. just would like to add, I wouldn't have it delivered if I bought new. I would pick it up and enjoy from the start !
Old 04-25-2020, 06:09 AM   #14

Quote:
thank you much, all points are well taken. just would like to add, I wouldn't have it delivered if I bought new. I would pick it up and enjoy from the start !

I lot of us east coast guys had the same plan pick up and make a trip out of it lots of fun. now with the pandemic and all campsites closed it takes the fun part out. Plus the fact that delivery is now 1/2 the price it was before ,many have changed there mind and getting it delivered.It may be cheaper than picking up. In my case I going to wait and see where we are at in august .
Old 04-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #15

Trailer: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I lot of us east coast guys had the same plan pick up and make a trip out of it lots of fun. now with the pandemic and all campsites closed it takes the fun part out. Plus the fact that delivery is now 1/2 the price it was before ,many have changed there mind and getting it delivered.It may be cheaper than picking up. In my case I going to wait and see where we are at in august .
NYHILLBILLY,
I will also be picking up in August depending on conditions. When the time comes and you decide to do delivery let me know and maybe we do a piggyback. 1/2 the price of 1/2 the price!
J
ucancallmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucancallmejay View Post
NYHILLBILLY,
I will also be picking up in August depending on conditions. When the time comes and you decide to do delivery let me know and maybe we do a piggyback. 1/2 the price of 1/2 the price!
J

I will keep that in mind. That might be cheaper than the pickup.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I will keep that in mind. That might be cheaper than the pickup.
Our first 2 Escapes were delivered, for various reasons. Our last 2 were pickups. Either way, you will/can enjoy your new Escape at your leisure. The great west is not going to go away, it took us 3 years before venturing out to Osoyoos. There is always next year and then you will be an experienced camper, not a white knuckle newbie.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:57 AM   #18

not really a newbie here having been across the country with my old travco with the u haul camper in tow more than once and been travelling across the south east with my class B sportsmobile lately. In a previous life I did some horse trucking around the country and canada also. I have an excellent tow vechicle so maybe I could pick up those campers for you guys, lol