Border closure extended until at least July 21 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2020, 07:49 AM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Best to have a little coffee first before venturing on to reading threads.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:14 AM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I read this while still half-asleep and it somehow registered as your 55-year-old neighbor's wife had a baby. The stuff of nightmares, I say. I'm awake now.
Hi: Mike Lewis... "I read the news today...oh boy". Lennon- McCartney Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:48 AM   #43

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
And do you remember when legislation was passed enforcing seat belts? The car makers did not initially want to put them in and said no one would ever want to pay for them.

How far we have come, haw far we have yet to go!

Kind of ironic that the family is in a convertible without a roll bar...
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #44

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
My son got a 67 Mustang this summer, the grandkids got a kick out of a car without shoulder straps.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:34 PM   #45

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
If I recall correctly, the U.S. required seat belts in cars in or around 1963. We had a '63 Impala that had them. Shoulder belts were required in 1968. We bought a 1968 Buick LeSabre at the beginning of the model year in late 1967, and it didn't have the shoulder harnesses because they weren't required until the beginning of 1968. Of course my memory might be faulty; I was a kid after all.

The early seat belts and shoulder harnesses were hard to use as they didn't retract automatically, so people tended to just push them out of the way. The automatically-retracting inertial reel belts came along a few years later, not sure when. And laws requiring their use came along a few years after that. It took a long time to get people to wear seat belts as a habit.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #46

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
And do you remember when legislation was passed enforcing seat belts? The car makers did not initially want to put them in and said no one would ever want to pay for them.

How far we have come, haw far we have yet to go!
Yeah, now we have airbags with shrapnel inflators and self-driving Google cars that take out motorcyclists.

I do feel uncomfortable not wearing a seat belt (habit) and uncomfortable wearing a mask.
I wear a mask to comply but believe those that are coughing and sneezing to be the spreaders. They should shelter in place in these times.

I have grown weary of those that keep saying the same thing over and over again. Makes me think they are stark raving mad. You are not going to change the behavior of some. Those saying the same thing over and over again are simply ranting (like me)
Old 11-15-2020, 02:01 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
It took a long time to get people to wear seat belts as a habit.
Police are still issuing tickets for folks not wearing seat belts. Not nearly as many though as they're issuing for those still texting from handheld phones while driving.

If a car ahead of me sits still after the light goes green they get a big blast from me.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:41 PM   #48

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Speaking of tickets police in the small city of Steinbach MB were issuing tickets yesterday in a protest by 100 people who were protesting they say not against masks but against the government's taking away "our rights."

Well we were pretty smug in the summer going thirteen days with no new cases, holding at just over 300 total. Now we're approaching 11K, with a record new cases today of 494. We are in code red (whole province now) meaning most everything is now closed again like in the spring. Our population is only 1.4 million.

As much as we'd like to see the border open so we can visit family, we don't really want to go south, just south of us is ND, the worst place in the entire US for cases per million.

We have resigned ourselves to staying home except for going a few blocks for fresh food and of course wearing a mask (required) when we do.

As Donna has so well stated we wear it for YOU.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:54 PM   #49

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bullet View Post
Yeah, now we have airbags with shrapnel inflators and self-driving Google cars that take out motorcyclists.

I do feel uncomfortable not wearing a seat belt (habit) and uncomfortable wearing a mask.
I wear a mask to comply but believe those that are coughing and sneezing to be the spreaders. They should shelter in place in these times.
The evidence shows that just talking is enough to spread it. It doesn't require coughing or sneezing, and much of the spread is before the person has any symptoms at all. So being careful only after one has symptoms is not enough (though there are a lot of cases where the spreader didn't do even that.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:16 PM   #50

Trailer: 2012 Liberty Casita
Got on here because we wanted to go up and see the NEW 23? with the walk around Queen. Looks like Canada is off limits. Hope we can go to Canada next year.
On The Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #51

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Hi Gloria- sent you a PM.
Old 11-15-2020, 07:52 PM   #52

Trailer: 2012 Liberty Casita
Can't reply to your message because I am not a trusted member with one post. No sweat. We haven't been paying any attention to the RE market but our neighbor may be leaving us soon so that might come up for sale.
On The Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:57 PM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hmmmmm
Oh well, I wonder which way the wind is blowing in Defiance, Ohio. I’ll call my girlfriend Kerry.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-15-2020, 08:10 PM   #54

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Totally get you. They are mandatory here but it still takes the store enforcing it- luckily down on South Whidbey they are pretty good about it although I've taken to avoiding the hardware store again as one clueless guy pulls it down off his nose and the clerks often wear just shields (useless unless someone sneezes on you,)

But they say what's driving it here is home visiting, parties, social events, where even large groups of people feel safe without masks. We saw a lot of that outside in the summer but now it appears to have gone inside. But the person who brings it to the family must get it somewhere- like the hardware store or a restaurant or bar or who knows what,
Bobbie they say bars and restaurants are not good .
Also when I was at the hardware store you have to wear a mask to enter however once inside a lot ,pull the mask down . I get it and hate the masks . Whenever I have to wear one it takes a couple of days for my sinus’s to calm down . But we wear the our masks and wish everyone else would too . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:34 PM   #55

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Everyone on both sides of the border please do what you can to stay safe.

I would like to once again visit with all of you at the Escape rally in 2022.

Unfortunately I don’t think our US friends will be able to make the 2021 rally and unless we get our Canadian act back together, we may have to pass on that as well.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:42 PM   #56

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Everyone on both sides of the border please do what you can to stay safe.

Agreed! Please be safe!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:30 PM   #57

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Many interesting comparison's like the seat belts to the mask issue.
Perplexing are the regulations state by state requiring hunters to wear orange material and specify exactly the dimensions, etc. that must be worn. Never have heard hunters protesting about those mandatory outerwear rules as taking away rights.
The colored outer wear requirements on hunters are there for what reason? The safety of not only yourself, but other hunters. Seems to be an identical issue in place for years with no blowback or protests about it taking away rights.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:50 PM   #58

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
There is no doubt that the conservation officer will write you a ticket if you break the blaze orange law, lead shot on wetland, no deer stop on a snare. 16 hooks on a trot line. Unwavering enforcement is what keeps us safe and makes fair chase fair.
It’s that way in many other parts of life so a mask law, enforced shutdown whatever, do what they need to
do.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-16-2020, 07:46 AM   #59

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Next week, when I am deer hunting in Wisconsin , I will be wearing a blaze orange parka , blaze orange bibs , blaze orange gloves. & a blaze orange full face stocking hat . More of a fashion statement than a political one . I also have 14” orange triangles on the sides of my deer stand
My goal is to come out of the deer hunting season alive ,well and safe , comply with the hunting regulations and not search for something to childishly bi_ch about , like having to wear blaze orange !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:37 AM   #60

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I wear a blaze orange top riding my bike. I have got pointed at and laughed at but no one has run me over yet and I am still alive.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote