Bummer...dudes - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
Hmmm, one of the bright sides to all this, at least for me, is that I was thinking at least I would still be able to take the trailer out and camp somewhere. Yeah, other travel plans are on hold right now, but anyone can still go camping, right? That "social distancing", or whatever it is we're supposed to be doing, would be entirely compatible with setting up your Escape off the beaten path, right?? No need to sit inside your house all day bummed out, get outside and have some fun! Public lands have not been shut down, at least not in the western US, and there are millions of acres in which a person can camp, hike, hang out, sit by a campfire, and enjoy the out of doors. It's much easier to maintain that 8-feet distance from others (or whatever it's supposed to be) and breathe in fresh, virus-free air when you're outside. Also a good dose of daily sun will do a person's immune system a world of good... That's what I think anyway! Escape the craziness and get out there!
In jest, we are thinking of naming our new E-21 "Social Distancing"..that is IF we are even able to get the darn thing this year.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
heh heh. that's great.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
In jest, we are thinking of naming our new E-21 "Social Distancing"..that is IF we are even able to get the darn thing this year.
Ok - I'm going to be giggling for the rest of the day...
alanmalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:11 PM   #24

Trailer: ?
Colorado State Park campgrounds

CAMPING RESERVATION UPDATE: We will be waiving fees for changing and/or canceling camping reservations until further notice. Guests should call our reservations call center at 800-244-5613 or the park where they had a reservation and note they are canceling due to COVID-19. The call center or park can then handle the fee waiver.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Here is a thought that just came to me: Tammie and Reese sure must be happy they sold.... I’m glad for them
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:00 PM   #26

Florida State Parks

SAFETY UPDATES
Out of an abundance of caution, all events, activities, special event reservations, pavilion rentals and camping/cabin reservations at Florida State Parks have been canceled for the next 60 days. Florida State Parks remain open for day use; however, hours of operation have been reduced to 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:24 PM   #27

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
That's going to suck for a lot of people, this time of year all the FL SP's are booked solid.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #28

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
Here is a thought that just came to me: Tammie and Reese sure must be happy they sold.... I’m glad for them
Tammy and Reace
Old 03-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #29

Visitor Centers are temporarily CLOSED

Following guidance from the CDC and recommendations from state and local public health in consultation with NPS Public Health Service officers, Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells Visitor Centers are closed. Updates will be posted to the park website.

Campgrounds CLOSING

On March 18 at noon, Furnace Creek, Mesquite Spring, Texas Springs, and Emigrant campgrounds will close. Stovepipe Wells and Sunset campgrounds will close March 19. This is due to shortage of CDC recommended PPE to protect custodians from COVID-19 spread.

Source: NPS
Old 03-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #30

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:

Lol...Love it!!!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:43 PM   #31

https://www.sfchronicle.com/environm...d-15137765.php

Closure of National Parks
Old 03-17-2020, 08:46 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
This makes no sense to me. Camping is a great way to practice “Social Distancing”. Here in WA, one of the hardest hit areas, they are actively promoting folks go camping.

Totally agree; we're winding up a trip to Anza Borrego & Joshua Tree. At Lake Casitas now. We can read between the lines and still do the right thing.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:49 PM   #33

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
This illustrates the difference between those who use their trailer to camp (Jim) and those who use it as a rolling hotel room (me).
Hey, Mike, I understand what you’re saying, especially after reviewing your photos and travel logs.

I think I’m going to spend the quarantine time reading about your travels, and viewing the photos. DH and I will hopefully get some good ideas of where to go, by seeing where you went with your “rolling hotel room”.

Do you have a favorite location? Favorite site? Any place you would go back to?

I marvel at intriguing photographs like yours. It’s so difficult to find the perfect subject, perspective, view, atmosphere, time of day, etc.
You created beautiful works of art!
*Thanks so much for sharing your work, your travel adventures, and your humor!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #34

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Perfect ....best name of 2020 !!
Old 03-17-2020, 09:26 PM   #35

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
Closure of National Parks
Big Bend NP is open - with the exception of all visitor centers.
Subject to change anytime, of course.

However, before you decide to go, do take note and read the second alert on this page.https://www.nps.gov/bibe/index.htm
It reminds everyone that if you don't already have camping reservations, you will likely be disappointed. February, March and April are the high season and all camping, backcountry sites and lodge rooms are booked long in advance.

There are a couple of "campgrounds" outside the Park in Terlingua/Study Butte or Stillwell, but they are rather - saying this politely - spartan. ( b often not capitalized : marked by simplicity, frugality, or avoidance of luxury and comfort. ) And supplies are difficult to obtain in the best of circumstances so don't count on making any specific purchases. Do your homework before taking that 300+ mile drive from anywhere.

--
Alan
alanmalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:29 AM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Hey, Mike, I understand what you’re saying, especially after reviewing your photos and travel logs.

I think I’m going to spend the quarantine time reading about your travels, and viewing the photos. DH and I will hopefully get some good ideas of where to go, by seeing where you went with your “rolling hotel room”.

Do you have a favorite location? Favorite site? Any place you would go back to?

I marvel at intriguing photographs like yours. It’s so difficult to find the perfect subject, perspective, view, atmosphere, time of day, etc.
You created beautiful works of art!
*Thanks so much for sharing your work, your travel adventures, and your humor!

Thank you for your kind words. As you can see, I'm not a particularly productive photographer, nor do I add much to my website. I should step up my game in both areas.

The most scenic places I've been, in my opinion, are the Grand Canyon and the Palouse region of southeast Washington. But I haven't been everywhere. I'd like to return to the upper Mississippi area and spend more time there. I like the Pacific Northwest and have been in that part of the country several times. I had hoped to make it to Alaska this year but the coronavirus epidemic may lead me to curtail my current trip and go home early.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:33 AM   #37

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Bummer

I plan to pick up the new trailer in early May. From Chilliwack, I was planning on heading due south down CA 395 to Vegas with my brother for a couple nights. Back through Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Moab Utah, and out across Colorado.

I booked the Oasis RV Resort on the Vegas strip about Wednesday just before all the announcement's.

Now what to do? All the way across Canada?
Old 03-18-2020, 04:06 AM   #38

https://www.parks.ca.gov

https://www.parks.ca.gov/NewsRelease/943

California announces closure of state park campgrounds.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:25 AM   #39

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Hello All as we enter what should be day 13. We're one of those that had plans cancelled because of this, we were headed to Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park in Niceville FL tomorrow. I went on line and cancelled yesterday and lost I think $24.00 my question is why should we not get that back as well? As I understand it the state decided this so we had no choice but to cancel. Now am I going to sweat $24.00 no, but its the principal of it.

As far as all this goes not sure what to make of all this. Just hoping for all that this like many things in life is a bleep on our radar and will make for some good campfire conversations in the future.

Enjoy the journey,

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:31 AM   #40

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I am endeavoring to think of lost deposits/reservations as a contribution to a place that will have to struggle continuing without patronage, especially their employees. Including governmental campgrounds/parks.