COVID and Traveling Safe - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #61

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
This morning I got the results back from my Covid-19 test I took yesterday.
Negative!
I've been having some issues with my throat since February.
Called the ENT doc to see about coming in for my throat. If you have a sore throat, which I do, you can't go in without a Covid test, so I got one last Sunday. Still no results, the CVS web site say 6-10 days. So I'm self isolating till I get results and then I try and get in to the doc, sheesh.
Driving to Lanesboro would have been quicker.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:41 PM   #62

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I've been having some issues with my throat since February.
Called the ENT doc to see about coming in for my throat. If you have a sore throat, which I do, you can't go in without a Covid test, so I got one last Sunday. Still no results, the CVS web site say 6-10 days. So I'm self isolating till I get results and then I try and get in to the doc, sheesh.
Driving to Lanesboro would have been quicker.
I wonder, if you were to test positive, will they say that you can't go to the doctor? That's what has happened to some people. It used to be, when one was sick he was welcome at the doctor's office. Seems strange.

My brother and his wife caught Covid early this month. He is in his late 70s, she a bit younger (not sure of her age and one doesn't ask). They stayed home and doctored each other, although my brother did get a Rx for Budesonide to help his lungs. They were feeling really sick for several days but are both on the mend. I'm glad they didn't go into the hospital; too few of those Covid patients manage to exit.
Old 07-19-2020, 02:53 PM   #63

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
The most ironic thing I have seen over this issue happened in Michigan, when the Governor was shutting down some of the businesses. There were several days of protests at the state Capital, where several of the protesters had automatic rifles hanging from their shoulders. One reporter asked a protester with a gun, "aren't you concerned about getting the virus since you are in this group without a mask?". His answer was, "No, God will take care of me!"
I surmised from that the AR-15 was a heavy and costly piece of jewelry?
Old 07-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #64

If they won't let me in with a sore throat it'd be a safe bet that I couldn't get in with Covid.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #65

Trailer: Decisions, decisions
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
If they won't let me in with a sore throat it'd be a safe bet that I couldn't get in with Covid.
We use Kaiser Permanente in CO for out medical needs.

They have gone almost exclusively to video visits for the runny nose type of complaints. You and your primary care doctor talk face-to-face about your issues and come up with a treatment plan. If its something significant then an appointment is set up.

I did that a few weeks ago. Worked just fine. That way no one is exposed to anything. A good idea these days. Plus the very last place you really want to go is anywhere you're surrounded by a bunch of sick people. You may come out in worse condition than you went in.

Sam
Old 07-19-2020, 03:30 PM   #66

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
My suggestions. We are in a trying time. Many of us have worn masks, face shields, steel toed
shoes, knee pads, heavy gloves, hearing protection, goggles, etc, just to avoid personal injury and not liked it. So now it’s necessary to make adjustments, be civil and realize that democracy means the greatest good for the greatest number. Vote, vote, vote, suck it up and carry on. You are strong, you don’t have to assert yourself, walk away and mutter f’n idiots. It’s easier on your blood pressure in the long run. Do not patronize dangerous places, vote with your dollars. That’s my stand. Don’t like it? Too bad. If you don’t get over it, I don’t care.
Iowa Dave
I totally agree with you. In our very small town there is a really nice hardware store. The employees do not wear masks and and they let people shop with out masks. When I asked why they don’t enforce the mask mandate, they replied that it should be up to each individual. I told them that I wouldn’t be back. Now I drive the 13 miles to another town to a hardware store where they do care for the safety of their customers.
Unfortunately, until people are touched personally by this disease they are not going to pay attention. And I think that’s going to happen this fall. If schools are forced to open before they have met the CDC guidelines for their area, than we’ll likely start seeing children and teachers start dying. And unfortunately, that’s what it’s going to take to wake people up.
Well, America first! First in Covid 19 infections, First in Covid-19 deaths.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:18 PM   #67

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Perhaps some people missed the point of my last post. Mask wearing should be an individual decision. Everyone should be free to choose whether to wear one or not. It has never (until very recently?) been "good manners" or acceptable social behavior to "shame" a person into altering his choice, to give dirty looks or make snide comments, or to become confrontational. Even walking up to a person and saying in a calm voice, "You should be wearing a mask," would have been off-limits behavior just a year or two ago.

People who don't wear masks have reasons for their actions. Their reasons aren't anyone else's business, let alone their decision. But the majority seem to have now decided to make it their business and to actively push back against anyone who isn't "complying" with the popular viewpoint. I lament this development. For one thing, it says that good manners are going "out the window". For another, once the precedent is set whereby the majority accept their role as "enforcement partners" of the majority opinion, it will not stop with masks. Next it will be, "everyone should get a Covid vaccine, and never mind that it hasn't been properly tested." After that it might be, "everyone should get a tracking device implanted," or who knows what else?

We would be better off as a society if we all took Ann Landers' most popular and frequent advice: "MYOB."

The online "Free Dictionary" has a section on idioms, and when one looks up the saying, "Live and Let Live," here is the entry:
live and let live
To be open-minded toward or tolerant of others.
Your daughter's not going to do everything the way you would—just live and let live.
I don't understand why people can't just live and let live instead of trying to bend everyone to their will.
I understand your post. I wear a mask out of concern and respect for you, when you aren’t concerned enough to to return the respect to me, well than your infringing on my civil liberties.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:04 PM   #68

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Perhaps your City Council can pass a mask rule for all visitors subject to a fine, one way to curb scofflaws and generate revenue. I heard Gallup, NM will not let anyone into their town which is mainly native americans who have been hit hard by the pandemic.
Rochester has a mask mandate. Went into a store where one guy was not wearing a mask. When I complained to the salesperson I was told I was free to call the police. I took a picture, but after calling the police was told a picture wasn't good enough and the customer was already gone. They need to fine the store $1,000 for each violation. The customer was allowed to buy his goods and leave. When I started to take a video I was told to stop the video, mind my own business, and/or leave. You can bet I won't be returning there again.

If the mandate doesn't fine the store the mandate is worthless.

Perry
Old 07-19-2020, 05:26 PM   #69

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Have no problem wearing a mask and do. I was a retailer for many years and to expect employees(or store owner) to play the role of mask cop is unrealistic. There are examples of people being shot in stores where an employee confronted a customer without a mask.

These are very trying times with no end in sight - and unfortunately many people are very afraid and fear breeds anger. I would be very careful taking pictures of someone without a mask; reminds me of the saying " if you go looking for trouble it will usually find you".
Old 07-19-2020, 07:00 PM   #70
LRL

Trailer: 2017-2013: 21C; Arriving 3/2024: Escape 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You don't need gloves. Covid does not enter the body through the skin. After pumping gas, use a sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and water. This is done to keep you from moving the virus from you hands to your face ( eyes, mouth, nose ) where it can enter your respiratory system.
I agree completely. As a physician, I am acutely aware of people in public wearing gloves... as if they're somehow protecting themselves. They're not. In fact, they're doing the opposite. Gloves don't protect the wearer, but rather those the wearer may come into contact with (e.g., in surgery). Sure, if I'm in full PPE, and don and doff appropriately, gloves are part of my protective arsenal. But the average person has no idea about how to remove gloves in a sterile fashion. Too, I see people wiping their faces with their gloved hands. I see people remove their gloves upon leaving the store, then go about their business, as if somehow the mere fact of wearing gloves provided all the necessary protection. Instead, the gloves serve as a collection device for microbes, that they then transfer to their hands when they remove their gloves. Forget the gloves, and focus on face masks, hand sanitizers, and NO face touching unless hands and forearms have been sanitized immediately before.

In fact, this virus is very easy to avoid... but it takes consistent and logical practice. Lapses are what get us in trouble. Not whether or not we wear gloves. I am unaware of any reports of trans-cutaneous viral transmission (i.e., through the skin transmission).
Arcata, CA
Old 07-19-2020, 07:48 PM   #71

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
I understand your post. I wear a mask out of concern and respect for you, when you aren’t concerned enough to to return the respect to me, well than your infringing on my civil liberties.
How so? If I wear a tie as a sign of respect and you don't, by that logic you have infringed on my civil liberties. Nope. I can understand if you feel that the lack of a mask shows a lack of respect for your wishes, though. It's impossible to please everyone, unfortunately. For example, the hard-of-hearing who now can't read lips and the folks who have trouble breathing would like their wishes respected also.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:55 PM   #72

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I hope the moderators close this thread before I lose my patience for stupidity and post something I may regret
Old 07-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #73

Just stop reading it.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #74

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I hope the moderators close this thread before I lose my patience for stupidity and post something I may regret
I totally agree, close it down.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #75
LRL

Trailer: 2017-2013: 21C; Arriving 3/2024: Escape 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
How so? If I wear a tie as a sign of respect and you don't, by that logic you have infringed on my civil liberties. Nope. I can understand if you feel that the lack of a mask shows a lack of respect for your wishes, though. It's impossible to please everyone, unfortunately. For example, the hard-of-hearing who now can't read lips and the folks who have trouble breathing would like their wishes respected also.
There is a huge difference here. A tie may or may not be respectful (e.g., wearing one to a funeral), but not wearing it puts no one else at risk. Not wearing a mask puts your other Escape friends... and anyone else you encounter... at risk if you're infected. I fail to understand the civil liberty argument here.
Arcata, CA
Old 07-19-2020, 08:32 PM   #76

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
No don't close it down absent a violation of Community Rules. Too many out there forget about being able to agree to disagree and prefer to "close it down"" if their own ideals are not followed. Becoming a problem in this country for some time now; started on college campuses.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #77

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post

In other words don't be selfish wear a mask when shopping.
You say this, but hardly anyone does. Today in a building supply store I never saw a single person wearing one, neither staff nor customers. In your eyes everyone is this store is selfish.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-19-2020, 09:04 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You say this, but hardly anyone does. Today in a building supply store I never saw a single person wearing one, neither staff nor customers. In your eyes everyone is this store is selfish.
Can’t fix stupid
Old 07-19-2020, 09:29 PM   #79

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
So, us Canadian folks are stupid as well as selfish. Oh well, at least we are nice. [emoji16]

Alberta, population 4.43 million, has 167 deaths with the vast majority senior care people early in. The deaths are sad though, that's for sure.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-19-2020, 09:51 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
So, us Canadian folks are stupid as well as selfish. Oh well, at least we are nice. [emoji16]

Alberta, population 4.43 million, has 167 deaths with the vast majority senior care people early in. The deaths are sad though, that's for sure.
I was born in Canada also a US citizen. If Canada is not careful they will also wind up in the same place all us stupid US people are right now. You need to wear masks social distance and protect each other, we didn’t and now we have over 140,000 people dead. Don't let that happen up their because you let your guard down and felt your are safe right now, you aren’t.
Closed Thread