Covid Road Trip - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2020, 10:37 AM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape-19
Covid Road Trip

I made my snowbird return trip up I-95 North from Fl. a couple days ago. The trip was about 850 mi. /14 hrs. We traveled with our smaller camper with a porty-potti. We packed our food so there were no stops for food. Most rest areas were open and we stopped but we used our camper facilities. The traffic was what I would say was medium. No rush hour traffic in ORD or JAX which was great. The truck traffic was normal if not a little high. The rest areas had more trucks parked than usual. I only saw about 10 RV's or campers during the trip. The only road block was in the south bound lane entering Fl., they were doing the out of state Covid briefing. There were plenty of gas stations open, we stopped twice for fuel. We saw one wreck, an overturned 25ft RV trailer that was towed by a larger SUV. This was on a long straight stretch with low traffic in the middle Ga. We saw long lines at drive-in's, people getting meals. Bottom line: Traveling with a camper was fine. I would not want to say in a Motel now or in the future. We had a good trip and came into contact with no one. The only issue someone may have, would be using a drive-in while towing a camper.
Eddie
elongest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 05:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Thanks for the observations.

At some point we plan to make the 3 day drive to the factory to get our new trailer. Unfortunately going west, we’ll need to stay in a hotel. Not the big adventure we had originally planned for pickup. The upside, cheap gas and low traffic.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:06 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Eddie,
We made a similar trip just slightly over two weeks ago. It was a bit longer with one overnight. During the trip we stopped for gas at least six times, for the entire trip the only person I came into close contact with was the gas pump. It was nice to have my own bathroom to wash hands after each pump.

Just finished out two week self quarantine. I think that is especially important if you have family back home. Florida has certain areas that are a cess pool of the virus. Stay safe and stay alone.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote