Delivery - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
Hen

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Delivery

Hello- we have been considering having our Escape 19 delivered, instead of picking it up in May or sooner, given whats happening in the world. We are slightly concerned that the spread of this virus might interfere with our travels (interruptions in supply for things like food and gas on the road). Anyone else give any thought to how this might all affect traveling? Or delivery versus pickup? We are in Atlanta so if there are others out there thinking about this as well maybe we can figure out a way to do this more economically.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
See here for a prior discussion https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...mma-17258.html
remember if travel disruption does happen your delivery driver would also be impacted. It would seem prudent to drive and pick up your trailer, Chilliwack is beautiful place. If there are delays, Escape will hold you unit for 90 days gratis so by then things should clear up.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Your biggest headache as far as acquisition goes would appear to be closing the border. It would mess up orientation and delivery. As far as travel and camping it would have to get pretty serious to close gas stations. If you’re making a straight shot back home your other problem would be food. Assuming you can find one good Safeway, you could easily buy enough food for a week or better in one and head out. Wouldn’t be optimal but would be doable. The fee for delivery is several years of camping fees for the way we camp
Iowa Dave
Old 03-05-2020, 08:51 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Pickup day??

We are picking up in BC on the 27th of April..can't wait..have about 3-4 weeks of camping+ Nat Park seeing.. scheduled on our way home to TN. Personally I think the C virus thing is a big hoax.. Folks wd be better off taking Vitamin C and D3 and living their lives. Maybe the crowds will be smaller..hope so!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #5
Hen

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Hoax or not older folks are really dying from this, folks that could have had a few more years, months, or even days left to live if others had taken precautions to not spread this disease. I think we should all act responsibly and take this seriously.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We wouldn’t want to confront the families of the thousands of people that have died recently from this virus and the more to come telling them their loved one died from a hoax. Not a very caring or humanitarian position.
While not panicked about this, we definitely have taken this seriously, and pray daily for those that have been affected and for protection for those not yet affected.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #7

This is a complex worldwide situation. Guess your national park visits will be ok if they don’t put a gate across the entry roads because the park people, concessionaires, and daily delivery suppliers are all sick.
I wouldn’t want to be a toll taker at the gate or an attendant in the sign up shack taking money for a campground. Especially as a senior citizen volunteer.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
You know the other thing here is this affects a whole community of businesses, as has been alluded to here. If people feel threatened they may not come to work, as has been seen in China. Corporate earnings are already down due to this! Apple's supply chain has already been affected.

It does not take much to disrupt the chains of "Just in Time" consumer goods we are used to. Or the money flow.

We are fragile! All of us. No matter what we think. There is some chance they will get a grip on this. Apparently transmission rates in China are down and showing hope.

I hope this turns out to be a near miss or mild. It might not!

I hope it serves to bring us all closer together and gives us compassion for our fellow human beings. No matter what we believe!
Old 03-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You go ahead Hollybee. Follow the advice of your leader. Have a hunch. Have two.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:42 AM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Our pickup date is May 11, I haven’t given any thought to canceling. Maybe if I was flying, yes, but I can’t get my truck in carry on.

I was hoping on Vegas on the return, but I might have to cancel that idea.

I expect the summer heat will burn this flu like virus off.
Old 03-06-2020, 06:44 AM   #11

Escape will hold/store your trailers for 3 months, gratis.....
Old 03-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #12

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Exclamation Store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Escape will hold/store your trailers for 3 months, gratis.....
WE HAVE ALREADY TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THEIR STORAGE PLANS..OUR 21 WAS FINISHED IN NOVEMBER, BUT W THE NEW grand-BABY here AND THE WEATHER, WE HAD TO POSTPONE THE PICKUP TIL VERY LATE April. ooops. I was not shouting..just hit the cap loc by accident.
Anyways, storage there still does not negate the real 'mess' as possibly brought on by a border closing! Yes I know we physically receive the TT in the USA, but still required is final orientation, plus installation of some minor things like umber hooks and TV mounts and TV, and so on..all of wh demands border crossings; not even mentioning the extra 5000 mile drive necessary from..oh ..say..Arizona to BC and back.
Maybe my concerns will turn out to have been... not valid, but my concerns are important to me and my family..maybe it is partly bks I am a recently-retired MD and know something of which I read in the 'news'.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:30 AM   #13

Hollybee,
There are orientation videos on Escape's website, it is no big thing. Since they have the responsibility to bring it to Sumas, you do not have to cross the border. Those little things like Umbra hooks and tv you can install yourself, later. The small things will fall in place once you are safely heading home with your new Escape. congrats on the grandchild....The weather now should be fine, you could even leave earlier. I suggest waiting til May and attend Osoyoos, there Escape could fix anything that is needed and you will have a relaxing 4 day holiday, away from all this hoopla....
Old 03-06-2020, 08:41 AM   #14

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.
Helen Keller
Iowa Dave
Old 03-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #15

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Hoping the US - Canadian border is open for our 40th annual fishing trip to Manitoba
When someone posts links to web sites that state what if conspiracy theories as fact , I tend to ignore what they are selling
Old 03-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hen View Post
Anyone else give any thought to how this might all affect traveling? Or delivery versus pickup?
Hi HEN, we are picking up our new trailer in May. We are in Texas and plan has been, and at this point, still is, to go to Calif to see relatives, then go north to pickup trailer. Plan is then to travel in Wash - Lynden, then BayView SP, then across Cascades if open, on way to Osoyoos rally. All plans open to change depending on conditions when we head out late April. Delivery is not even a thought. We will already have stored our trailer for three months when we pickup (was done in late Jan), but the trip to Chilliwack is an adventure we are looking forward to, so if we need to leave it stored a bit longer, we will. Hoping to meet you on the road somewhere!!
Old 03-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #17

We love British Columbia, Chilliwack is a cute little town as is Osoyoos, both surrounded by mountains. Everything is so clean and pretty. We have picked up 2 Escapes now and have become accustomed to the trip out and back, each one a different way out, both the same way home.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #18

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
I am not able to find the thread on this, but a few years ago ETI ran into a problem with their VIN numbers and couldn't export to the US. They continued to hold the trailers until the problem was corrected and rearranged pick-up and delivery for everyone after.

I will refrain from reading your link and making further comments on closed borders because anything I have to say is VERY political in nature.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #19

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
I am not able to find the thread on this, but a few years ago ETI ran into a problem with their VIN numbers and couldn't export to the US. They continued to hold the trailers until the problem was corrected and rearranged pick-up and delivery for everyone after.
That was back in 2016 a week before we were supposed to take delivery of ours. it did take them a few weeks to get it straightened out, but things finally got back to normal.

Tammy was in constant contact with those of us who were impacted. And when we did get our trailer, she had stocked it with a few nice ETI items.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #20

Here you go, 2016 thread https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...nded-8276.html
Closed Thread

Tags
delivery

« - | Dilemma... »