Don't Travel warnings? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #61

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Mike- do retailers- especially the box stores require masks?

Yes, and every establishment has a mask policy, which most people follow.
Old 12-14-2020, 08:40 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Compliance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Yes, and every establishment has a mask policy, which most people follow.
I would say only 60% compliance at our local stores in East Tennessee. And the infection rate numbers go up at an ever increasing rate. Very frustrating. We don't leave home more than necessary.
Old 12-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #63

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
That's unfortunate. In Our little burg- Los Osos/Morro Bay it is a rare sight not to see a mask. We even have Mask Bouncers at our local Ace Hardware.

There is a pushback though on lumping us with LA county, which evidently has the worst numbers in the USA.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:05 PM   #64

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 " June Bug"
we cancelled our two month trip to AZ and California ....12 different reservations...it's amazing how quick you can undo what took hours and hours of planning. A Northwest Winter......
Old 12-15-2020, 10:31 PM   #65
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
mask compliance by the locals here in Santa Cruz, and in most of hte rest of the SF Bay Area is pretty darn good, but it just takes a bunch of college kids or tourists to throw a party and blam, our numbers are in the dumpster. that and some outbreaks at nursing homes and the like. oh, and the Sheriff officers that run the county jail threw a private party last month and a bunch got sick. yeeesh. Who will watch the watchers ??
Old 12-15-2020, 11:37 PM   #66

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
That's unfortunate. In Our little burg- Los Osos/Morro Bay it is a rare sight not to see a mask. We even have Mask Bouncers at our local Ace Hardware.

There is a pushback though on lumping us with LA county, which evidently has the worst numbers in the USA.

Ventura County, being right next to LA county, has gotten the batten down the hatches notice as well, but our County health officials are pushing back and have been trying to make the case for "We're not LA county", and have data to back it up. In the meantime, everyone is masked up and being pretty careful. A lot of local small businesses are totally closed up, though. We don't know how many will ever return or rebound.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:54 PM   #67

Trailer: 1810 Tent
Keep in mind that there is no 100% protection method. Usually traveling one has more potential exposure risk to surfaces and strangers. Controlling everything is not possible. We should do the best we can but everything is a calculated risk. I worked in HCare for many yrs, worked many isolation cases. My wife, kids, & myself all test positive for TB exposure but took the meds & none of us got the disease. Keep in mind that happens while taking maximum, professional, state of the art, precautions. HCare workers are getting Covid19. Everything is a risk, so we all place our bets & make the call about what we do to keep safe & reduce risks. We roll the dice everyday.
Bottom-line, I've seen many die of viral pneumonia induced ARDS. It's ugly, something to avoid & get vacinated against at your earliest opportunity.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #68

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
If you can travel and avoid personal contact you can have a safe trip.
This assumes that you don't get into a car crash or slip and fall or any kind of accident that requires stitches, or have a stroke or heart attack because of all the stress involved. In any one of these cases, you might end up in a medical clinic or hospital overrun with COVID patients where it's rather hard to "avoid personal contact".
Like playing Russian-roulette, you might get lucky, or you might not. If you wouldn't think of playing Russian-roulette, why take the chance of getting COVID while travelling out of state? Be smart and stay home.
1996-2005: 1987 Award 23'
Old 12-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #69

Trailer: 1994 Casita Freedom
Travel

According to the data on a recent CDC report, the actual number of deaths FROM Covid is 6% of all persons reported as Covid deaths. The other 94% had Covid, but Covid was not the cause of death. The CDC percentages of survivability (those who contracted the disease and survived) for the three age groups on the report are; ages 0 through 19 years of age, 99.97%, 20 through 70 years of age, 99.9% and over 70 years of age with comorbidities, 95.6%. According to several reports, survivors develop antibodies, which make them immune.
I at 70 have a 99.9% of survival and if I don't travel this year and see all my friends and family next year I might not be here and all my friends and family would have wished I would have spent time with them this year. Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #70

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAG View Post
According to the data on a recent CDC report, the actual number of deaths FROM Covid is 6% of all persons reported as Covid deaths. The other 94% had Covid, but Covid was not the cause of death. The CDC percentages of survivability (those who contracted the disease and survived) for the three age groups on the report are; ages 0 through 19 years of age, 99.97%, 20 through 70 years of age, 99.9% and over 70 years of age with comorbidities, 95.6%. According to several reports, survivors develop antibodies, which make them immune.
I at 70 have a 99.9% of survival and if I don't travel this year and see all my friends and family next year I might not be here and all my friends and family would have wished I would have spent time with them this year. Merry Christmas!!
I’ll take my chances next year plus I’m not sure that my friends and family are really that anxious to see me , I’m just not that interesting!
Old 12-16-2020, 01:18 PM   #71

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAG View Post
According to the data on a recent CDC report
Link to the report on the CDC website?
Old 12-16-2020, 01:23 PM   #72

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
You may not think you are all that interesting but those in the know understand that you guys make the best Sausage Gravy ever. Stay safe.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:29 PM   #73
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Frankly, I don't care what the percentages are. To ME, they're 50/50 you either live or die. I'm just going to make as certain as I can, to be on the Live percentage by doing as I've been asked to do. IF you think as a single and solo person it's easy, I'm here to tell you it's NOT. I may die of some other condition in the next year, but my family knows our not being together has nothing to do with lack of love, but because of TOTAL love. Please do not delude yourself. This virus doesn't discriminate. Remember too, few actually die of Covid, but by common comorbidities, such as influenza and pneumonia, respiratory failure, hypertension, diabetes, and cardiac arrest. Most would have lived had they not contacted Covid. This is a LOT like the AIDS virus, few too die of AIDS, most die of a comorbidity. That's how viruses 'work.'
Old 12-16-2020, 01:35 PM   #74

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'm with you, Donna. And I definitely do not want to be the person who dies just before she could have received a vaccine. That's like being the soldier killed just before the cease fire.
Old 12-16-2020, 01:40 PM   #75

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:

Ross our numbers and deaths are increasing every day here . Pat
Old 12-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #76

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
You may not think you are all that interesting but those in the know understand that you guys make the best Sausage Gravy ever. Stay safe.
Thank you Ralph & Merry Christmas to you and Linda
We are looking forward to the 2021 Mississippi River Rendevous and again having our breakfast get together

God Bless
Steve & Linda
Old 12-16-2020, 01:44 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Ventura County, being right next to LA county, has gotten the batten down the hatches notice as well, but our County health officials are pushing back and have been trying to make the case for "We're not LA county", and have data to back it up. In the meantime, everyone is masked up and being pretty careful. A lot of local small businesses are totally closed up, though. We don't know how many will ever return or rebound.
Don been told the fire and police that live here , work in LA County . Last night Kirk Cameron held a singing religious protest in Thousand Oaks so what do you think is going to happen with hundreds unmasked and no social distancing ? Not to smart and will hurt all of us . Disgusted ! Pat
Old 12-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonB View Post
This assumes that you don't get into a car crash or slip and fall or any kind of accident that requires stitches, or have a stroke or heart attack because of all the stress involved. In any one of these cases, you might end up in a medical clinic or hospital overrun with COVID patients where it's rather hard to "avoid personal contact".
Like playing Russian-roulette, you might get lucky, or you might not. If you wouldn't think of playing Russian-roulette, why take the chance of getting COVID while travelling out of state? Be smart and stay home.
We totally agree ! Pat
Old 12-16-2020, 02:01 PM   #79

Traveling

Japan saw a spike in suicides last month that registered greater than the total number of people who have died on the island nation from the coronavirus pandemic for the entire year.
I'm traveling!!
Old 12-16-2020, 02:04 PM   #80

Past 6 months 7-14 thousand people in church buildings no masks, no social distancing, no covid outbreak=check for verification LA County Health Department.
Closed Thread