General Covid-19 comments - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #181
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
10 days ago, 900 dead natioanlly. today, 9500 dead, will likely pass 10,000 in the next few hours. in another 10 days at the same exponential rate, will be 100,000 dead.

we ain't seen nuttin' yet.

p.s. getting my data from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #182

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
My wife told me she had called the two gardeners we use to come by today, to do some yard work. My reply was, are you crazy? We are sheltering in place. I have plans to survive this thing.

Even if, though, being already half through my seventies I am the last one here, no food is available, the government and all responsible authority has disintegrated, and utter chaos reigns for those of us left. I asked her, how could we know where those two gardeners have been the last weeks?

The story of contagion is vile. In 1826 Mary Shelley wrote “Farewell to the giant powers of man,” in ”The Last Man,” her book. The book was set in the 21st century. It was about a disease that had ravaged the world. It imagined the extinction of the human race by way of a human pandemic.

In 1722 England Daniel Defoe wrote that the government is keen to contain public panic of the then current black plague, by suppressing the publication of books. Reading was evidently going to breed panic. One in five Londoners died anyway.

Edgar Allen Poe wrote about the Red Death in 1842. Jack London wrote “The Scarlet Plague” in 1912, a pandemic that wiped out nearly everyone, “the high and the low, the powerful and the powerless.“ That plague came in 2013. A lone survivor lived alone in an old hotel at Yosemite, living off canned food until he emerges in 2073. Albert Camus, Stephen King, others I am sure, all observed the incapacity of man to understand suffering they cannot see.

There are five words to remember. You may otherwise contract the most serious strain of the virus, which can result in death by suffocation. They are, “Don’t panic, wash your hands.” Ok, make that seven: “A lot.” Your chances improve if you get a milder infection. Don’t count on it.
Hi Myron ! A very learned man . Scary times we never thought we would see . Besides knowledge of Art , a reader also . Going to look up some of these books . Thankyou !
Say hello to Nancy for us and continue to stay well ! Pat and Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:35 PM   #183

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
re; Hollybee's stats...

Thanks Pat. Also watch movies...
Clemenza....."Oh, Hollybee...won't be seeing her no mo..."
Old 04-05-2020, 03:39 PM   #184

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
Don’t feed the trolls. There is no other solution.
Hi: EdColorado... "Who ya gonna call... Post busters"!!! Alf\
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #185

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
10 days ago, 900 dead natioanlly. today, 9500 dead, will likely pass 10,000 in the next few hours. in another 10 days at the same exponential rate, will be 100,000 dead.

we ain't seen nuttin' yet.

p.s. getting my data from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

“This is going to be the hardest and saddest week of most Americans’ lives,” Surgeon General Jerome M. Adams said on ( A news talk show) today, as hospitals in the New York region and other high-infection areas brace for an expected surge in patients and deaths. “This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, our 9/11 moment, only it’s not going to be localized. It’s going to be happening all over the country.”
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #186
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
“This is going to be the hardest and saddest week of most Americans’ lives,” Surgeon General Jerome M. Adams said on ( A news talk show) today, as hospitals in the New York region and other high-infection areas brace for an expected surge in patients and deaths. “This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, our 9/11 moment, only it’s not going to be localized. It’s going to be happening all over the WORLD.”
fixed that for you....
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 04:20 PM   #187

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I have been using this site. It has national data and by state and is very easy to follow. . It's the institute for health metrics and evaluation. COVID-19 It's part of the university of washington (state).
I have been using this site as well BUT, it hasn't been updated since 4/1. At one time it said to check back Sat 4/4 and now today it is saying "As the pandemic progresses, we are working to incorporate new data about the virus in the US.
Last daily update on April 1, 2020."
Old 04-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #188

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I have been using this site as well BUT, it hasn't been updated since 4/1. At one time it said to check back Sat 4/4 and now today it is saying "As the pandemic progresses, we are working to incorporate new data about the virus in the US.
Last daily update on April 1, 2020."
Yeah, that makes me wonder if they've run into some problem.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #189

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
This is a very good blog by a friend of a friend (my friend being a world health expert). https://covid19-insights.squarespace...z8SSxqJjnjrRdg
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
re; Hollybee's stats...

Thanks Pat. Also watch movies...
Clemenza....."Oh, Hollybee...won't be seeing her no mo..."
Good to hear Myron ! Glad we all got together for a little while before we knew what was coming . Just watched a beautiful movie on Disney, courtesy of granddaughter putting us on their Disney +account , About Elephants , 2020 narrated by the Duchess . If we could only learn from what they can teach us . Pat and Linda
Old 04-05-2020, 06:51 PM   #191

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Yeah, that makes me wonder if they've run into some problem.
ME TOO! And I usually debunk conspiracy theories and fear mongering.

What I liked about the COVID-19 site was the ability to track things day to day. I started a spread sheet for both the USA and my state with the daily updates of these projected items

Peak
Beds Needed
Beds Shortage
ICU Beds Needed
ICU Beds Shortage
Ventilators Needed
Peak Daily Deaths
Deaths

Also was keeping track of the projected vs actual deaths per day.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #192

Trailer: 17
Kinda like this layout here. Drop down lists are under each graph
https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 12:52 AM   #193

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
One of our friends husband came down with covid. He is in his early 50’s with three teenage children. His wife had to drop him at the hospital and wasn’t allowed in, said good bye at the door. Hospital called later and he already was on a ventilator and getting worse. 5 days later he is on Ecmo and hooked to a dialysis machine as well as the most powerful ventilator. He is comatose and fighting for his life, with grim prospects. No visitations allowed, only calls from hospital with updates. We’re all praying for this family daily as they walk this path and it could be any of us up next.
This is the reality of what is happening and shame on anyone dishonoring people who are going through this with political bs.
I pray it doesn’t happen to anyone, but we learned the stark situation is if a loved one is checked into a hospital with a serious case of this, make sure you say your goodbyes and anything else that needs saying because you may never see or talk with them again.
God bless and do everything you can to stay safe and isolated....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 01:02 AM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
One of our friends husband came down with covid. He is in his early 50’s with three teenage children. His wife had to drop him at the hospital and wasn’t allowed in, said good bye at the door. Hospital called later and he already was on a ventilator and getting worse. 5 days later he is on Ecmo and hooked to a dialysis machine as well as the most powerful ventilator. He is comatose and fighting for his life, with grim prospects. No visitations allowed, only calls from hospital with updates. We’re all praying for this family daily as they walk this path and it could be any of us up next.
This is the reality of what is happening and shame on anyone dishonoring people who are going through this with political bs.
I pray it doesn’t happen to anyone, but we learned the stark situation is if a loved one is checked into a hospital with a serious case of this, make sure you say your goodbyes and anything else that needs saying because you may never see or talk with them again.
God bless and do everything you can to stay safe and isolated....
Greg so sorry . We will keep your friend , his family and you and yours in our thoughts . Pat and Linda
Old 04-06-2020, 01:52 AM   #195

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've never held a lot of respect for RV Life articles or their authors, but this is the most irresponsible piece I've ever seen.
Deeper in the article, they try to sell you an RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 11.49.35 PM.jpg  
Old 04-06-2020, 02:03 AM   #196

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
One of our friends husband came down with covid. He is in his early 50’s with three teenage children. …..We’re all praying for this family daily as they walk this path and it could be any of us up next.....God bless and do everything you can to stay safe and isolated....
Joining with your family with prayers for your friend's husband and his entire family. Sadly, (according to the projections), this pandemic is going to hit home for many more of us before things begin to get better. I have a compromised immune system, so my daughter and I were isolating at home long before it was ordered, and hopefully, more people throughout America will begin to do the same. We can quibble over the numbers, but it really doesn't matter how large or how small those numbers are when one of your own falls victim.

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:30 AM   #197

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I've never held a lot of respect for RV Life articles or their authors, but this is the most irresponsible piece I've ever seen.
Deeper in the article, they try to sell you an RV.
They also talk about how terribly this virus has affected RV Campground owners and RVers themselves. This is pretty narrow sighted, as it as affected just about everyone in some terrible form or another.

On a Facebook group there are some folks who rent RV lots for a year at a time, and they are irate about the fact they may have to pay the full $2,000 rental to keep their RV there, yet can't use it. My goodness, if I knew this virus would only cost me $2,000, at this point I would be jumping with joy.

On a more positive note, the wife (a nurse) of good friends of ours who caught the virus has been told by her superiors after assessing her condition that she can return to work 10 days after first showing the signs of the disease. They are doing everything they safety can to keep as many of the medical people working.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:14 AM   #198

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Interesting facts for Pennsylvania, more than 50% of infections are under the age of 50 years, however the rate of hospitalization is 70% for those over 50 years. Then there was a video posted on FB where a nurse demonstrated with gloves on and she demonstrated with paint how the cell phone can pick up germs from the gloves from picking up items and even when she throws away the gloves and calls home she reintroduces the germs back to her face. This may explain the higher % of infection for the moon faced generation as I call them.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #199

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I hope this thread on the Escape forum does not go down the same road as a similar thread on the FGRV IE : From honest advice and helpful medical information to an attempt to push one’s personal agenda

God bless and stay safe
Pot/Kettle

I know at least one of your posts on FGRV was political and removed.

I'm a moderator on another forum and lately have removed political comments nearly every day.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 04-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #200

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
fyi, currently the site (covid 19 )projections) says last updated april 5.