General Covid-19 comments - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2020, 09:28 AM   #81

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I heard a Dr. on TV saying in this time of Coronavirus staying at home we should focus on inner peace. To achieve this we should always finish things we start and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things i'd started and hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two hash yer wands, stafe day avrybobby!!!
Thanks Ronn for the great laugh. Just what I needed.
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:41 AM   #82

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Gives a whole new meaning of eating dog food during the depression era......
You don’t have to go all the way back to the depression to find people trying to survive on dog food . We had a couple of elderly widows in our neighborhood who were supplementing their diet with dog food during the recession in the early 1980’s . They were ashamed and hid the fact until their neighbors found out and pitched in to help
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 AM   #83

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I took advantage of senior hour at the local store today wearing a mask. I found most items in stock that were the store brand and the name brands were empty. but the prices for the store brands were the name brand prices. Not too different, maybe a 25% markup. Another side effect of the current situation. Oh and empty fresh produce bins. When I came home I put my clothes in wash and took a shower before touching anything. Noelia put the food away and washed her hands before and afterwards.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:46 AM   #84

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
My grandpa had an elaborate pigeon coop in the back of the yard. He flew Homers. Later on, my dad's hobby became breeding champion Kings, and he was good at it. He built an elaborate coop for them, taking one bay of our 4-car garage that he expanded to up on the roof, covering two bays. My job was periodically cleaning it out. I hated that. He would take me to the annual pigeon conventions held at the Ambassador Hotel in Atlantic City. Ever seen five ballrooms filled with caged birds?

I only remember once being served squab for dinner at home. Kings are very plump birds. Dad said they are served as squab. Not for me.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:47 AM   #85

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Dog Food

Hi Jim,
Remind me at Niagara, I have a couple dog and dog food stories. Need to have Rita there to validate and correct the details. They revolve around Ashley Whippet and my Cambodian custodian.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #86

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
We took a ride up into the Berkshire hills of MA yesterday to check on the ice conditions of a couple ponds I fish. It's like summer vacation, more cars with NY plates then MA plates.
Same thing here in Southern VT. Lots of second home owners moving in. I hope they brought their supplies and stay home for a couple of weeks so they don't pass anything to the people who live here!

I just heard our Governor's new policy. If you go out of state or come from out of state, go directly to your home and stay there for two weeks....do not stop at the store etc on the way....lets stop the spread of this thing!
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #87

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
You don’t have to go all the way back to the depression to find people trying to survive on dog food . We had a couple of elderly widows in our neighborhood who were supplementing their diet with dog food during the recession in the early 1980’s . They were ashamed and hid the fact until their neighbors found out and pitched in to help

Have you seen the price of some dog food?
Old 03-30-2020, 11:13 AM   #88

Milk now costs double what a gallon of gas costs....
Old 03-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #89

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Have you seen the price of some dog food?
We are paying near $2 CAD per lb now for raw meat. Jasper eats 1 lb a day. All though, now nearing 12 years old, he is still very healthy.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #90

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Grocery shopping

Grocery shopping has become an adventure. I rarely shop on line, but now I must order our groceries online and then go to the store for pick-up. The shoppers put it into the trunk and I get to wash everything when we get it home.....not too much fun really.

But it's pretty exciting when that email arrives with " your order is ready for pick-up"! Reminds me of when we lived in Northern Onatrio. When Wolf would fly into the little villages, an exciting event the whole village would come out to greet the plane- no matter just mail or supplies........ so exciting !!
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_01-29-2013_45.jpg  
Old 03-31-2020, 05:48 AM   #91

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Jim,
Remind me at Niagara, I have a couple dog and dog food stories. Need to have Rita there to validate and correct the details. They revolve around Ashley Whippet and my Cambodian custodian.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... "You are what you eat"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:37 AM   #92

Trailer: Decisions, decisions
Talking

Covid 19 Gallows humor.

“Where’s your husband?” My friend asked.
“In the garden”
“I didn’t see him”
“You just need to dig a little “

Old 03-31-2020, 05:58 PM   #93

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Waiting patiently

I put my down payment on a 21NE in December, and selected September 2020 for my build date - dunno why, but glad I did...might be able to use it by then. I just felt we'd have too much going on this spring & summer. Little did I know...!

But I'm using the time stuck at home to get a lot of home & garden projects done, so that's a good thing.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:06 AM   #94

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Exclamation Nashville Big Whing Dig cancelled

Nashville and Country Music Association just announced the uuuge annual CMA Fest originally scheduled for first week of June..is cancelled. Maybe alot of you don't care for that type of music, but believe me CMA Fest brings BIGGGGG BUX to the Nashville tourist market each year. This will have ripple effect all thru the various area businesses: ..restaurants, lodging, tour and limo companies..many of which are already on the ropes. etc. Sad to see this happening to our area.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:48 PM   #95

Trailer: Searching
I’m in Escape shopping mode and all of the isolation has given me lots if time to do research, much of which is spent on this wonderful site. I ran across an article about a recently formed Facebook group called RVs for MDs. The concept is to offer idle RVs to healthcare workers as a place to “disinfect” before entering their homes after they get off work. Hopefully, I summarized that correctly. If you are interested and have a trailer available, see link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rvs4mds/

Here’s a link to the article.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/us/co...rnd/index.html
tgunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #96

I'm not sure anyone here would want to turn their Escape into a virus decontamination site....
Old 04-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #97

Trailer: Searching
I can certainly understand that, but that thought isn't limited to Escape owners. Just wanted to pass along the info - just in case.
tgunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:42 PM   #98

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I've offered to park mine at my daughters house for her use although she tells me it's not needed at this time. She does tell me coworkers are thinking about staying in hotels till this subsides so as not to bring it home. Things aren't too bad yet in Springfield.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #99
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunter101 View Post
I’m in Escape shopping mode and all of the isolation has given me lots if time to do research, much of which is spent on this wonderful site. I ran across an article about a recently formed Facebook group called RVs for MDs. The concept is to offer idle RVs to healthcare workers as a place to “disinfect” before entering their homes after they get off work. Hopefully, I summarized that correctly. If you are interested and have a trailer available, see link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rvs4mds/

Here’s a link to the article.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/us/co...rnd/index.html
I'm on multiple all-molded Facebook groups and a giant camping Facebook group. There are numerous people volunteering their RVs to healthcare workers for self-isolating while at home. It would be comforting to know you're at least at the same address while off work. To see your family, even if through a window, would be better than telephone calls, text or even Facetime.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:54 PM   #100

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Around here (lower mainland, BC) looks like social isolation/lockdown is going to run until July (or whenever). Yesterday, I suggested to Liz that moving the trailer away from the cedar bushes onto the driveway for some driveway camping would be something to consider.

Grill some steak, drink some wine and sleep in the trailer .... something to do.
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote