General Covid-19 comments - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2020, 09:04 AM   #141

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I would still be wandering around the PNW until the Osoyoos rally, then heading for Alaska. That was a bit too ambitious, though, so I'm not surprised my trip was cut short. But not for this reason.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:12 AM   #142

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I'd be spending the last day of a week at Cumberland Mountain State Park in Tennessee before moving to Lotterdale Cove Campground for another week, then Cades Cove & the Townsend gathering.

In stead, I'm sitting in the house in Oswego, taking morning walks & starting trailer projects a month or two early.

On a side note - I ordered a replacement under sink pump system to replace a dead one from Global Industries. I noticed that they carried janitorial supples & thought "A way to buy toilet paper". Nope - every style & size is on back order. I'm down to 3 rolls...
Old 04-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #143

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Under sink pump system>? What the heck is that? Toilet paper alternative: soft table napkins. Unfold, cut them to size.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Under sink pump system>? What the heck is that? Toilet paper alternative: soft table napkins. Unfold, cut them to size.
For a sink in the basement - needs to pump uphill to the septic system.

Link
Old 04-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #145

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Oh....never mind. I thought you were talking about the 21.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #146

When I was in Oregon the paper products in Safeway and Rite Aid were already cleaned out, but I was able to find RV TP in Walmart's RV aisle in their automotive section. Camping World also had it (limit five packs). A couple of days ago I found toilet paper and a six-pack of paper towels (my greatest need at the time) at a nearby Dollar General, on the back wall. So be sure to check out the smaller stores.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #147

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Yup. The virus can't travel if you don't.
You got that right and so does this little guy!
https://www.rvtravel.com/trust-no-one/
Old 04-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #148

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Now I wish I hadn’t thrown all those old Wards and Sears catalogs away .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:37 PM   #149

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Our town today cancelled Canada Day festivities. Now we can't even stay home and have some fun. We usually have a great celebration in our town of under 700 followed by a fantastic fireworks show.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:10 AM   #150

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome to solitary confinement...........
Old 04-05-2020, 06:57 AM   #151

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
If the virus hadn't happened I'd be.....with my wife doing 4 days in Vancouver, then a cruise to Hawaii and ending with 4 days in Honolulu. I've never been to Hawaii.
Hi: Steven M... Me either... but I do have the "Flourd" shirt!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:57 AM   #152

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
There are a few people who are full timers on this forum. Red Dog and I think a few others. Does anyone know how they are doing? I hope that they are able to find some place safe to hunker down until we get through this.
Fred and Dora are posting on Facebook, and are fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
If the virus hadn't happened I'd be.....with my wife doing 4 days in Vancouver, then a cruise to Hawaii and ending with 4 days in Honolulu. I've never been to Hawaii.
With our 17 day April 15 Hawaii trip we have now gotten full refund on accomodations, VRBO and Airbnb, one of four plane flights, with Expedia saying to not bother them but they will do a full refund that gives us a credit there for two years. I have never been either, maybe never now. I will at least wait for a better exchange rate as Hawaii is very expensive.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:02 AM   #153

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'd be spending the last day of a week at Cumberland Mountain State Park in Tennessee before moving to Lotterdale Cove Campground for another week, then Cades Cove & the Townsend gathering.

In stead, I'm sitting in the house in Oswego, taking morning walks & starting trailer projects a month or two early.

On a side note - I ordered a replacement under sink pump system to replace a dead one from Global Industries. I noticed that they carried janitorial supples & thought "A way to buy toilet paper". Nope - every style & size is on back order. I'm down to 3 rolls...
Hi: Jon Vermilye... Did you save the roller tubes? We didn't... or save any corn cobs either!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 07:02 AM   #154

Good friends of ours are free next Saturday from having to stay home due to getting the virus from their sun. The son is now a free man, well as free as one can be under the current circumstances.

They had been visiting family in Ontario and had to fly home early. Their son had only gone out to Superstore one time, and a couple days after they got back, he showed symptoms, then they knew they were likely infected. The wife, a nurse, went and got tested and sure enough, she had Covid-19. They say that just about any flu or cold they had saw them feeling sicker.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-05-2020, 07:11 AM   #155

I feel somewhat fortunate to have this major home renovation project on the go as it gets me working usually 9-10 hours a day, something I do enjoy. I have had one at a time family members over to help the odd day, but not very often. Getting an 850 lb steel beam delivered tomorrow so will need to work up a four man team of healthy types to get it into the basement and then up into place, but will cautiously work out the details on that. Though it would be great to get it done moving forward, still lots of stuff I can do on my own.

When spring gets here I will have a full 0.225 acre city lot to finish the exterior construction (deck, sidewalks, patio, fencing, retaining walls, etc) and all the landscaping (rock walls, topsoil work, sodding, plantings, etc).

Ain't never had too much fun.

If the weather gets better I might even bring my trailer home and do a few things on it for a change of pace. It sure would be nice to go camping once we get warmer temps, might even head out to our land for a few days.

Seeing we are not allowed to visit my mother, I have certainly talked to her more on the phone than I ever have in the past. Their building is pretty much locked down.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:19 AM   #156
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
We don't go to the grocery stores and have our food delivered. I have an elderly Mom who lives on her own plus a daughter who will have a baby soon. We want to do everything to keep the virus away. How do you treat delivery of meals and groceries? I think this is one of the best videos. Stay safe everyone!

P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:34 AM   #157

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We would have stayed in Victor Id with plans to head for Colorado for spring skiing. Interestingly, we were very effective in practicing social distancing while traveling east two weeks ago. We had food for the entire 4 day trip and would just stop for gas and use the trailer toilet as needed. Zero contact with other humans.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:40 AM   #158

Regarding the paper products shortage, this article says that it is not due to irrational hoarding. Rather, it is due to a change in demand: more people are staying home, shifting the demand from commercial toilet paper to residential toilet paper, which happen to be two different products:

https://marker.medium.com/what-every...=pocket-newtab

Similarly, grocers have been caught off-guard by the increase in shopping in grocery stores. Turns out that Americans had been eating 1/3 of their meals from restaurants, and are no longer doing so.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #159

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
closures??

FWIW I know well two men who are high up in the mgmnt divisions of two different Hospital Management Corps, based in central TN. Both men told me (privately) last week that their hospitals are effectively empty.
Our local County Medical Center..about 350 beds total, just laid off 200 nursing and tech staff due to so few patients. My sister called from where she lives in west-coastal FL yesterday, and told me she knows a big hospital in Sarasota which just laid off a buncha staff, for the same reasons. Seems odd.
Reports coming out of NYC are that there seems to be a similar thing going on.. Hospitals not overflowing, no piles of bodies, no urgency.....even the 1000-bed hospital ship sent there ....has only about 20 patients!! But, yet, the whole ECONOMY of the whole continent is shut down. seems odd.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis;330373Regarding the paper products shortage, this article says that it is not due to irrational hoarding. Rather, it is due to a change in demand: more people are staying home, shifting the demand from commercial toilet paper to residential toilet paper, which happen to be two different products:

[URL
https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0?utm_source=pocket-newtab[/URL]

Similarly, grocers have been caught off-guard by the increase in shopping in grocery stores. Turns out that Americans had been eating 1/3 of their meals from restaurants, and are no longer doing so.
I might believe that if Global Industries still had commercial toilet paper in stock, but ALL toilet paper was on back order, even the 2' diameter ones.