General Covid-19 comments - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #161

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We have had a Stay In Place order since the 23rd. Don't know how it is where you folks are but I don't know anyone that isn't working other then my barber. Had the lawn care guy show up yesterday, today the tree guys are chewing up a downed tree next door. Very few businesses are actually closed, all the dollar type store are open, Tractor Supply, HD, construction projects, even the car lots are open. After 3 weeks inside I feel like I'm wasting my time.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:33 AM   #162

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Hollybee...I think those reports you've been getting are grossly inacurate.
Here's an article from today's NYTimes should provide a clearer picture of how things are going in NY.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/n...gtype=Homepage
Old 04-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #163

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
TP hoarding started well before restaurants closed. That may contribute now but was not the cause.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:47 AM   #164

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
FWIW I know well two men who are high up in the mgmnt divisions of two different Hospital Management Corps, based in central TN. Both men told me (privately) last week that their hospitals are effectively empty.
Our local County Medical Center..about 350 beds total, just laid off 200 nursing and tech staff due to so few patients. My sister called from where she lives in west-coastal FL yesterday, and told me she knows a big hospital in Sarasota which just laid off a buncha staff, for the same reasons. Seems odd.
Reports coming out of NYC are that there seems to be a similar thing going on.. Hospitals not overflowing, no piles of bodies, no urgency.....even the 1000-bed hospital ship sent there ....has only about 20 patients!! But, yet, the whole ECONOMY of the whole continent is shut down. seems odd.
Why are these people afraid to speak up if this is true. I have not heard anyone else say on FB or other public forum that everything is okay out there. I'm confused because if I knew something was being covered up, I would be all over social media. Is this your intent here, to spread that information and are you willing to go out and about without protection?
Old 04-05-2020, 09:48 AM   #165

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
We have had a Stay In Place order since the 23rd. Don't know how it is where you folks are but I don't know anyone that isn't working other then my barber. Had the lawn care guy show up yesterday, today the tree guys are chewing up a downed tree next door. Very few businesses are actually closed, all the dollar type store are open, Tractor Supply, HD, construction projects, even the car lots are open. After 3 weeks inside I feel like I'm wasting my time.
Down here everything is shut down, even barbers in their own home....gas stations and food stores open, limited hours. Banks are closed except drive thru....
Old 04-05-2020, 09:51 AM   #166

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Down here everything is shut down, even barbers in their own home....gas stations and food stores open, limited hours. Banks are closed except drive thru....

I think when this is over I'm moving, if I have any $ left in my 401k.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:04 AM   #167

And for the record, that hospital ship that arrived in NY harbor is tasked with handling serious patients with non-virus health issues, so to give more space for the massive influx of corona virus victims at the city hospitals.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #168

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I hope this thread on the Escape forum does not go down the same road as a similar thread on the FGRV IE : From honest advice and helpful medical information to an attempt to push one’s personal agenda

God bless and stay safe
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #169

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
And for the record, that hospital ship that arrived in NY harbor is tasked with handling serious patients with non-virus health issues, so to give more space for the massive influx of corona virus victims at the city hospitals.

I had read that the Navy had set up rules for any patients that it would get. One of which was that they would not take a patient directly and another was that they would not take a patient from a hospital that had patients infected with COVID-19. This effectively was a Catch-22 and therefore they weren't getting the patient load that everyone expected. The Navy has since changed the rules.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ients-n1176176

And now the Navy Ship Comfort has COVID-19 positive patients

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...-for-covid-19/
Old 04-05-2020, 10:17 AM   #170

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I hope this thread on the Escape forum does not go down the same road as a similar thread on the FGRV IE : From honest advice and helpful medical information to an attempt to push one’s personal agenda

God bless and stay safe

AMEN
Old 04-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #171

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
As to hospitals being empty-

In some areas hospitals are planning ahead for a Covid-19 peak and not scheduling routine and elective procedures. That means that until the disease gets near its peak in that area, they are likely lower than usual on patients. But it is still smart.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:38 AM   #172

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
AMEN
I am really looking forward to seeing your smiling face and listening to your tales of being a police officer in Chicago at this years Mississippi River Rendevous
If the rally is a go then here is my personal invitation for you to stop by our site and have some breakfast and a cup of coffee.

Stay safe & God Bless
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #173

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... Due to severe conditions at this time, I'll rely on my "Anti-virus app for protection. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:22 PM   #174

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
FWIW I know well two men who are high up in the mgmnt divisions of two different Hospital Management Corps, based in central TN. Both men told me (privately) last week that their hospitals are effectively empty.
Our local County Medical Center..about 350 beds total, just laid off 200 nursing and tech staff due to so few patients. My sister called from where she lives in west-coastal FL yesterday, and told me she knows a big hospital in Sarasota which just laid off a buncha staff, for the same reasons. Seems odd.
Reports coming out of NYC are that there seems to be a similar thing going on.. Hospitals not overflowing, no piles of bodies, no urgency.....even the 1000-bed hospital ship sent there ....has only about 20 patients!! But, yet, the whole ECONOMY of the whole continent is shut down. seems odd.
Wow, this comment beggars belief. Hope the psychiatric wards are still open.

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #175

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
more fake news

https://ncov2019.live/data/usa

Harley
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:56 PM   #176

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
Wow, this comment beggars belief. Hope the psychiatric wards are still open.
Don’t feed the trolls. There is no other solution.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:17 PM   #177

My wife told me she had called the two gardeners we use to come by today, to do some yard work. My reply was, are you crazy? We are sheltering in place. I have plans to survive this thing.

Even if, though, being already half through my seventies I am the last one here, no food is available, the government and all responsible authority has disintegrated, and utter chaos reigns for those of us left. I asked her, how could we know where those two gardeners have been the last weeks?

The story of contagion is vile. In 1826 Mary Shelley wrote “Farewell to the giant powers of man,” in ”The Last Man,” her book. The book was set in the 21st century. It was about a disease that had ravaged the world. It imagined the extinction of the human race by way of a human pandemic.

In 1722 England Daniel Defoe wrote that the government is keen to contain public panic of the then current black plague, by suppressing the publication of books. Reading was evidently going to breed panic. One in five Londoners died anyway.

Edgar Allen Poe wrote about the Red Death in 1842. Jack London wrote “The Scarlet Plague” in 1912, a pandemic that wiped out nearly everyone, “the high and the low, the powerful and the powerless.“ That plague came in 2013. A lone survivor lived alone in an old hotel at Yosemite, living off canned food until he emerges in 2073. Albert Camus, Stephen King, others I am sure, all observed the incapacity of man to understand suffering they cannot see.

There are five words to remember. You may otherwise contract the most serious strain of the virus, which can result in death by suffocation. They are, “Don’t panic, wash your hands.” Ok, make that seven: “A lot.” Your chances improve if you get a milder infection. Don’t count on it.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:01 PM   #178

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
What is the source of your reports?

More than 122,000 cases in NY state according to the NYT this afternoon. The hospital ship has few patients due to administrative screwups, not for lack of need. Can't speak to situation in TN.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:15 PM   #179

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have been using this site. It has national data and by state and is very easy to follow. . It's the institute for health metrics and evaluation. COVID-19 It's part of the university of washington (state).
Old 04-05-2020, 03:19 PM   #180

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
What is the source of your reports?

The Kremlin?