getting bored - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #1

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
getting bored

Too many movies and too much news. Looking forward to escaping in our 17. Will still practice all of the safe things but we will go to Flagstaff for July and now a reason to go to Colorado in Sept. I see no reason why we can't be by our selves and continue to have food delivered. Last evening $200 of food and $100 of wine, we are set once again for a couple of weeks. Instead of shopping we just spend time on the computer to fill our shopping list and the food shows up on our porch.
Azjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and then you leave the and the bill comes later.....while you are gone. Credit cards, I remember when they were first introduced, little pieces of metal kept in a leather packet.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Azjack, I believe you have an ideal ratio of food to wine expense for surviving Covid 19!
Chama (a river in New Mexico)
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:43 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Man, I am anything but bored. I have a lot of things to do, and could easily come up with many more.

Checking in here is rare, but I just took a seat for a moment while out walking Jasper and checked things out.

Not much time for TV either, but that is just fine.

I do miss visiting friends and family. I have done a couple things with family, but sure do want to see the grandkids pretty bad.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
This apparently does not apply to Jim, but for many, during this lockdown, this old W.C. Fields quote may hit home.

“I’m about as busy as a pickpocket in a nudist colony.”
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Too many movies and too much news. Looking forward to escaping in our 17.
Gotta love an Escapee who practices reverse 2-foot-itus. C'mon back up to our jam sometime Jack.
soultrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:39 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I'm not bored; I have plenty to do around home. Today we are under a tornado watch, so I went out into the garage to install the hurricane braces on my garage door. But my path was blocked by a snake that wanted to get out of the rain and found a way into the garage. Well, okay-- I turned around and came back in.

Then I went onto the front porch with the laptop to watch the sky. Thunder started rumbling so I came back in. Oh well.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Our excitement today, so far, consists of following the progress of a lizard climbing around on the outside of our screen porch. The cats have been watching him with fascination, but he managed to get up very high before being noticed. I guess for the rest of the day we'll look out the living room window periodically to check on him and note his progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Lizard.jpg  
Old 04-23-2020, 02:09 PM   #9

Lunch time now. My boring day so far has seen me installing and plumbing in 2 exterior taps, installing paper holder and towel bar in the ensuite, installing the thermostat on ensuite floor heating, and now doing a bunch of basement framing.

This afternoon will see me continue framing and probably taking Jasper for a big walk on this beautiful day. [emoji16]

It actually is not boring for me, many of you are probably rolling your eyes. [emoji41]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-23-2020, 02:20 PM   #10

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
No such fun for me. Been going through the house painting, last up is the family room and solarium. By the time I got the cathedral ceiling done yesterday I was really beat, if this is from getting older I have a feeling this will be the last time I do the painting. There much be an age where one starts paying others to do these things.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
There much be an age where one starts paying others to do these things.
My goal is about 85!

Thankfully I enjoy being active in many a different way, as I truly feel this will keep my body strong and healthy.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
At times, I have mentioned the “infamous Campsite #1. Some members here and on FGRV have used it when in Florida. For lack of anything better to do, I am working on access to two natural but shaded, quiet campsites in the “back 40.” Unlike Campsite #1, these 2 sites will have no utilities other than a nearby water spigot and electricity if the user has a generator. I may open them up to Boondockers Welcome or anyone who needs an overnight or a couple of days to unwind.

I find it difficult to get bored; I can always find something to occupy my time. Actually, it seems like I don’t have enough time to every project I would like to do. But when I first moved to Florida I taught science in one of the local high schools. Kids complain about being bored constantly. My typical response when someone expressed boredom was “Not everyday can be a trip to Disney World.” I guess that could be revised here to say “Not everyday is a fiberglass trailer rally!”
Old 04-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
At times, I have mentioned the “infamous Campsite #1. Some members here and on FGRV have used it when in Florida. For lack of anything better to do, I am working on access to two natural but shaded, quiet campsites in the “back 40.” Unlike Campsite #1, these 2 sites will have no utilities other than a nearby water spigot and electricity if the user has a generator. I may open them up to Boondockers Welcome or anyone who needs an overnight or a couple of days to unwind.

I find it difficult to get bored; I can always find something to occupy my time. Actually, it seems like I don’t have enough time to every project I would like to do. But when I first moved to Florida I taught science in one of the local high schools. Kids complain about being bored constantly. My typical response when someone expressed boredom was “Not everyday can be a trip to Disney World.” I guess that could be revised here to say “Not everyday is a fiberglass trailer rally!”
Sounds great on the new camping spots, Carl. I would love to be in a position to use one in the near future, though it will be over a year before I am in position to get that way, maybe two.

If one does not want to be bored, there are many, many things one could find to do. I could easily keep bust without this major reno I am working on. Hobbies or crafts, learn a second (or more) language, reading, exercise and yoga, major cleaning and organization, home maintenance, play music, phone friends, volunteer (lots of this needed right now), yard word, and on, and on.

What is not good is like many are doing is resorting to watching more TV. While I can enjoy some of this, I rarely turn it on before 9pm, and will watch for an hour or so. Reading a book for me is just as good.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
After watching tonites dog and pony show on CNN where we learned from a secret lab in Maryland operated by the head of ICE, sun and humidity with bleach or isopropyl alcohol kills the virus almost immediately. I'm thinking of relocating down to Florida which has plenty sun and humidity. You may be able to ask for a premium for those sites now Carl.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm thinking of relocating down to Florida which has plenty sun and humidity. You may be able to ask for a premium for those sites now Carl.

Yeah, we have the sunlight and humidity to kill the virus (I hope). But-- I found a snakeskin on a shelf in the kitchen tonight. So there's the wildlife...
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:41 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
Yeah, we have the sunlight and humidity to kill the virus (I hope). But-- I found a snakeskin on a shelf in the kitchen tonight. So there's the wildlife...
Hi: Mike Lewis... No snakeskin in our kitchen. I've been spending too much time in there rattling pots and pans. It's had a profound effect on my wait!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:59 PM   #17

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
OK, all you bored and not bored DIYers. I need some suggestions. I'm getting rid of plastic shelving units sitting in the back of my garage and building in 2x4 shelving. It will be attached to the studs sort of as shown (though I'm flexible); studs are 2x6. The back of the garage has a garage door and I'd like to leave it useful so the dimensions I have to work with allow about 18" to the studs, 24" to the wall. Length to be 8' as that allows me to back the trailer without worrying about going between the shelves on either side of the back door, though it also allows me to back up to the back door if I want (such as possibly the only place I get to camp this summer!)

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED HERE: I have a general plan for the framework but realized if I want 24" wide shelves I have to notch every piece of shelving every time it has to go around a stud. Probably not happening. I could use approximately 16" wide shelves (rip plywood to 3x 16" which would be efficient) and just leave the backs between the studs open. Mostly I'd be storing things that would not fall off like boxes and bins.

But before I do it I thought I'd ask for other suggestions for the shelves.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 12.58.39 PM.jpg  
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:49 PM   #18

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I've done it both ways. Although notching won't look perfect as the studs are anything but square, I find they work better as shelves when notched.
Old 04-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #19

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I've done it both ways. Although notching won't look perfect as the studs are anything but square, I find they work better as shelves when notched.
The studs are likely a lot more square than my notching would be if I do it that way. Did you use plywood and how did you cut notches? I might end up notching one or two on each side for smaller items.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
The studs are likely a lot more square than my notching would be if I do it that way. Did you use plywood and how did you cut notches? I might end up notching one or two on each side for smaller items.
I used a chop saw to cut two slots and a chisel to knock out the piece in between to make the slot. Quick and easy!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote