Getting bored ? Some ideas. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2020, 08:09 AM   #1

Trailer: Decisions, decisions
Smile Getting bored ? Some ideas.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ivities-to-try

Enjoy

Sam
Old 03-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
There is a lot of stuff for could do. That article has a great list of ideas. Folks should follow some of these ideas, especially if getting bored.

I am shocked though at how many have taken to watching stuff on the TV. [emoji33]

I am going out minimally, and then only to get supplies for my home reno project. I am worked full time plus on it. Hey! If anyone is really bored, they could come here and have fun working. We will put you up, keep your life clear if infectious things, and supply all the food and drinks you need. Any takers for this ultimate source of fun, all while avoided the masses of there? [emoji16][emoji41]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I'm going to start making masks so am going out (with one of the two I had enough elastic for) to get more elastic. https://www.providence.org/lp/100m-masks. My sister who is an MD is volunteering on her day off at a Covid-19 test clinic at her hospital and says they are now limited to one mask all day- normally they'd change between patients. Plus once there are enough paper masks back in the supply chain, the rest of us should start using them in public. Countries where masks in public during flu season is the norm are doing much better at slowing the spread.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
There is a lot of stuff for could do. That article has a great list of ideas. Folks should follow some of these ideas, especially if getting bored.

I am shocked though at how many have taken to watching stuff on the TV. [emoji33]

I am going out minimally, and then only to get supplies for my home reno project. I am worked full time plus on it. Hey! If anyone is really bored, they could come here and have fun working. We will put you up, keep your life clear if infectious things, and supply all the food and drinks you need. Any takers for this ultimate source of fun, all while avoided the masses of there? [emoji16][emoji41]
If I have time after completing my own long list of home projects, I might take you up on it. I did all the plumbing, electrical & mechanical work on my sister’s new house a few years back.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:07 AM   #5

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:

I wouldn't mind that at all, Deb however isn't big on going to Calgary in March. Border guards might not like the idea either.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
You can always organize you photos.
We have been doing that on and off for the last few months.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #7

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:

We'd love to take you up on this Jim if we knew the Rally was still happening for sure in May. As it is the wedding we'd planned to attend in June in CA is likely off so we'll be cancelling Escape rally anyway. Our original plan until this wedding came up was to go to the rally next year.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Lightbulb

Niece and nephew (with parents behind the camera) enjoying some appropriately 'socially distanced' boredom-avoidance a couple of days ago ....

Nope, no zoning-out on TV for that bunch, they loaded-up the backpacks and headed for the nearby TX back-country!
Old 03-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Perusing dock building plans. I live on a small salt water lagoon and would like to be able to get my kayak and rowing boat out at lower tides. Has anyone here built a floating dock? I'm using plastic floats (haven't ordered yet as in the design phase.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 03:43 PM   #10

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:

hmmmm....all that work and not a single pic .....hmmmmm

It's melting pretty good down here, but somebody keeps sending a bit more of that white stuff. We've been semi -isolated for a couple of months and now we're just supposed to stay home , can't wait to get out into the garden at least.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:55 PM   #11

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0 TA "Catalyst"
Are you organizing them digitally? If so, can you recommend an application. I am not a professional photographer and don't need a software to note all the details of a photo. I just need something to let me tag a photo, sort by tags and remove duplicates. I've been looking for a long time. Thanks for any suggestions.
Cleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
hmmmm....all that work and not a single pic .....hmmmmm
C'mon over with a hammer Gabi, and see for yourself how it is. Phase One is almost complete. Then on to the much larger, but only interior work of Phase Two, most of the basement and all the rest of the main floor. Not much for exterior work except installing the stone, but lots and lots of landscape work in the summer. Good thing we are not listing until early next year.

Yes, I should share some photos, but this is a trailer forum.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-21-2020, 09:09 PM   #13

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
I have been informed on good authority (my wife) that one is not permitted to die so long as the honey-do list has not been completed.

Based on the veracity of the above statement, I am immortal!
Old 03-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I'd love to see! Camping pics are soon going to be in short supply.

We got to see pics of Robert's home being built. Post yours in a new thread in Cyber Campfire.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

We got to see pics of Robert's home being built. Post yours in a new thread in Cyber Campfire.

..... yes !!
Old 03-21-2020, 09:36 PM   #16

Quote:
C'mon over with a hammer Gabi, and see for yourself how it is. Phase One is almost complete. Then on to the much larger, but only interior work of Phase Two, most of the basement and all the rest of the main floor. Not much for exterior work except installing the stone, but lots and lots of landscape work in the summer. Good thing we are not listing until early next year.

My hammer is retired, or for sure I'd be right over ......does sound like you've made a lot of progress.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:39 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have an Estwing 26 oz. framing hammer.
Which shows how little I know.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:36 AM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Nowadays they use air or gas powered nailers that shoot the nails into the wood. Hammers are used to open the beer bottles........
Old 03-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nowadays they use air or gas powered nailers that shoot the nails into the wood. Hammers are used to open the beer bottles........
I have many different pneumatic nailers and staplers, probably at least a dozen, as well as a Paslode spiker, which all see lots of use, but one of my many hammers gets used way more often. The pneumatic stuff is great when needed for sure, but there is a smooth faced hammer hanging off my Carhartts most of the time. Rubber hammers get used lots too.

Hammers are important, and will definitely work good at opening beer, but they are usually put away when the beer comes out.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

I will work at getting what photos I have organized soon. This week I will take some photos of the interior finished areas once all the glass products are installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
My hammer is retired, or for sure I'd be right over ......does sound like you've made a lot of progress.
Okay then, you can sit with Jasper and supervise. Peter, my youngest grandson was helping me a lot yesterday. He is 18 now..... months that is.