How are you holding up? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-10-2020, 06:31 PM   #81

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We had our two youngest and one grandson over for Mother's Day brunch. We are well under the 15 people gathering limit. And yeah, hugs from the grandson were impossible to stop. No worries though, we are all clean.

Doing a fair bit of socializing, and mostly practicing physical separation. I do miss all the hugs I am used to though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:15 PM   #82

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeBoulder View Post
Isolating in southeastern Utah!
Beautiful! Loved that area. Is Moab still shut down?
Old 05-10-2020, 08:29 PM   #83

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
We celebrated Mother's Day. My daughter, her husband and two grandsons came over with sushi and such from a take-out place. We visited in our vast back yard, attempting to keep our distance.
I can tell you that social distancing is impossible with grand kids, age one and three. We didn't hug, but staying six feet apart was impossible.

We were asked if we could take number one son on Wednesday since daughter has to work from home and son-in-law has been told he has to come into the office on Wednesday. Working from home with two kids is out of the question.
So, of course, we will have the grand on Wednesdays.

We will continue to stay home and keep our distance the rest of the week, but what ever will be, will be.
Your so lucky Glenn to see your kids and grandchildren ! We just get phone calls and pictures to look at ! And there is a new granddaughter just born can’t even see or hold .
Can’t wait for this to end ! 😊Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:29 PM   #84

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Shopping today after M day Brunch

Had the daughter, he hubby and their 9 month old over for Mother's Day brunch..the daughtr's first. Great visit..we babysit the boy 2X/week so his mom can work from home...working out well and WE get to help the boy grow up! It makes me and Holly feel young just fooling around w him..
Home Depot trip this afternoon in nearby Franklin TN for yard work supplies. Spring is FINALLY here in TN!! . Interesting..fewer masked folks than a few days ago. Lots of couples out and buying plants, bags of mulch etc.. Still 1 entrance and 1 exit, but other than that no problemo. Lots of kiddies out w parents..most racing around w their masks hung below the chin. LOL

Bought garden soil and a new wheelbarrow to replace the one which finally gave up the ghost the other day after about 30+ yrs of service and 3 tires. Bought some Carpenter Bee killer too. Weather bright sunny and 73* today..the old sun making folks feel better and making us produce Vitamin D3 to boost the immune systems Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Still trying to org a trip to Chilliwack next month..we WANT our E21!!!
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #85

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
There currently is a communications emergency in the land. We are all familiar with the now discredited custom used to greet friends, firm departures, forge alliances, and seal multibillion dollar business deals.

Talking about that thing used to silently teach fathers what they should know about their daughters’ boyfriends, and, that which allowed men to confirm when meeting a stranger that he did not have a knife hidden up his (or her) sleeve.

Yes, the handshake. You won't catch me doing it. These days no longer a wise thing to use. Handshakes now could contain a potentially lethal cocktail of viral droplets that will kill you or, at the very least, put you on life support.

I read that in 1907 President Teddy Roosevelt shook more than eight thousand hands in a single afternoon. Afterword, he went upstairs in the White House to “scrub himself clean.” Even then that big teddy bear knew something about the handshake. There are bone-crushers, yankers, dead fish, and arm twisting handshakes. You never forget your first dead fish handshake. Donald Trump is a known handshake hater, they say.

The knuckle bump? It has proven to be no longer so cool, or safe. What to do? The handshake today has been replaced by the peace sign, the wave, and most absurdly, the elbow bump. The elbow bump?

None of these, I think, especially the elbow bump, are worthy of being carved onto my gravestone, assuming my family is foolish enough to buy one. The peace sign doesn't work so well for owners of assault rifles, and the wave might be interpreted by some as an unwanted sexual preference. I should mention my elbows have always been very, very coarse.

Myron, I've never enjoyed hand shaking. I like the eastern way of bowing.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #86

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
holding up

We are doing quite well, staying home and no visitors. Just telephone for talking to kids and relatives.
Yesterday I thought I should cook the main course so Nancy would know it was her day. She won't let me in the kitchen so I have to use the grill. We didn't get our first choice for steaks and they weren't as good as I would have liked. I guess the meat supply is reaching us. I just ordered some more salmon from Amazon that we liked a few weeks ago, it came fedex from Alaska and was very good. I miss the days when I could just buy fresh sea food on my Alaska trips.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #87

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Upholding?

Hi: All... I'm not holding up well... but my suspenders are!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #88

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Suspenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: All... I'm not holding up well... but my suspenders are!!! Alf
I’ve known you to be a trendsetter Alf. I’m waiting for a picture of your suspenders paired with your day pajamas. Especially the shorty models. I hope one of those clips Doesn’t come off while your wearing you night pair. Could put your eye out.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #89

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
How are you holding up?

I’m just about done with projects and now we are itching to go camping. I was online yesterday and noticed the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) is accepting reservations any time after 5/18. We didn’t book there but we did book June at Live Oak Ridge USACE on Lake Belton in June. It appears Texas State Parks are sill closed to camping but other campgrounds are starting to open up a bit at least here in Texas. Something to look forward to. [emoji846]

PS...I got my first haircut in two months this morning. I feel like a new man. [emoji846]
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #90

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
I’m just about done with projects and now we are itching to go camping. I was online yesterday and noticed the Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) is accepting reservations any time after 5/18. We didn’t book there but we did book June at Live Oak Ridge USACE on Lake Belton in June. It appears Texas State Parks are sill closed to camping but other campgrounds are starting to open up a bit at least here in Texas. Something to look forward to. [emoji846]

PS...I got my first haircut in two months this morning. I feel like a new man. [emoji846]
Hi: JStelly... I just feel like a nap!!! I'm sure that's caused by the long hair. These days it takes more than a "Little dab'll do ya" to fix my hair. My wife said she'd cut mine... but I wouldn't let her mother do it either. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:12 PM   #91

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:

We stayed at Live Oak Ridge in December and really enjoyed it. Great volunteers and staff. Just don’t come in after dark, it is really dark and difficult to find the way in to the sites.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:47 PM   #92

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:

I'm over 3 months now without a haircut, looking kind of scary when I wake up.
Attached Thumbnails
nolte.jpg  
Old 05-15-2020, 10:13 PM   #93

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Finally! Somebody that I look better than! OMG!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:01 AM   #94

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Talking TN said "we are Open"

yesterday said that the 53 state parks are open to visitors. Most are in the Smokys and I will try to find out if camping is finally being allowed.
Went to Home Depot yesterday.. Gone are the one way "lines" and one entrance..all is open. few w masks. Place was packed w folks hauling out cartloads of gear and supplies and mulch etc..Good to see.
WE still planning on heading to AZ mid June to 'meet' the trailer sorta near Phoenix. Hope it works out.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:06 AM   #95

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
If it all doesn't work out, not to worry.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:45 AM   #96

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Went to Home Depot yesterday.. Gone are the one way "lines" and one entrance..all is open. few w masks. Place was packed w folks hauling out cartloads of gear and supplies and mulch etc..Good to see.
WE still planning on heading to AZ mid June to 'meet' the trailer sorta near Phoenix. Hope it works out.
When the COVID-19 started there was a cartoon floating around that I can't seem to find now, so I will paraphrase what I recall it to be.

Previous generations were asked to give for their country, by fighting battles around the world, living and dying in foxholes, watch buddies die on the battle field, storming beaches and jumping from air planes to certain death or capture.

We are being asked to wash our hands and sit on the couch. How hard can that be?
Don't fxxk it up!

It looks like about 30% of the country are fxxking it up.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:54 AM   #97

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyD View Post
"Went to Home Depot yesterday.. Gone are the one way "lines" and one entrance..all is open. few w masks. Place was packed w folks hauling out cartloads of gear and supplies and mulch etc..Good to see.
WE still planning on heading to AZ mid June to 'meet' the trailer sorta near Phoenix. Hope it works out."

When the COVID-19 started there was a cartoon floating around that I can't seem to find now, so I will paraphrase what I recall it to be.

Previous generations were asked to give for their country, by fighting battles around the world, living and dying in foxholes, watch buddies die on the battle field, storming beaches and jumping from air planes to certain death or capture.

We are being asked to wash our hands and sit on the couch. How hard can that be?
Don't fxxk it up!

It looks like about 30% of the country are fxxking it up.

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:11 AM   #98

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Right on. Yes, and it is certainly now time to change the tires on the trailer.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #99

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Right on. Yes, and it is certainly now time to change the tires on the trailer.
I decided to wait- no point sitting on brand new tires in the garage for who knows how long. Let the old ones sit and replace when I have something in the headlights.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #100

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I feel for anyone who has to enforce mask-wearing. It will be interesting to see if the fencers wear them. Outdoor work, so probably not, but the guy I have to talk to about it better have one. I will. Some people are just stupid.

They're supposed to; the masks are specially made:
Attached Images

dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote