How are you holding up? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2020, 01:38 PM   #61

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I almost finished the garage. Shelving is done! I just have to finish with the giveaway boxes, back the trailer in and see if I have room for one of the old plastic shelves on the right. And I'm proud to say I did it myself except for a neighbor who helped me by ripping the plywood. Which my lovely Ridgeline carried flat in the bed, no problems! I love having a truck.

Lots of projects left. Like Jim- too much to do! I want to put in a shed outside the garage for camping stuff that rides in the truck. I need to put steps on our small front deck now that the front yard is fenced. New fence going in in back this week (contracted) to be higher for coyote deterrent but that means letting Sadie out the front over the weekend so I'd like to get those done today and tomorrow. (Highly unlikely- I've done steps before but using a different type of stringer so there will be a learning curve.) I have floats for a dock waiting to be built. And with no visitors the house has become more and more cluttered!

Off and on I've made masks for friends (a few for the hospital) but mostly that's something I fit into an hour here and there.
Bobbie , nicely done ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:02 PM   #62

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
One of the best workers, park foremen and friends I ever had retired a few years ago and moved to extreme northern Minnesota. I stay in contact with him and see him when he comes home to visit family. Today he sent me a photo of a bear in the mall in Duluth. In his usual dry humor he mused that the bear was only waiting for the mall to reopen.

That looks like a boar (really can't tell), but I would put his weight somewhere North of 600 lbs. That's a big one!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:53 PM   #63

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Bear xxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
That looks like a boar (really can't tell), but I would put his weight somewhere North of 600 lbs. That's a big one!
I need a reference to judge them. We learned to judge them against a propped up 55 gallon barrel with 5 Gallons of strawberry jelly in it when my son and I hunted them in Ontario a few years back.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
9CAB2E04-1807-4737-AC6B-CCBAF9A34040.jpg  
Old 05-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #64

I'm use to seeing them come out from behind a shrub mass from a neighbor's yard. Happens most Octobers. That's as big as they get out here.

Yours looks flat!
Old 05-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Donna,
Get your self a dog, great companions, especially if from the local rescue.....you will never feel alone again..... Between 4 cats and 2 dogs and about 4 dozen koi in an outdoor pond, my days are very fulfilling...oh and let us not forget Noelia loves to hum around the house.

Hey Jim, any chance you could get all your dogs and cats together and take a picture so we could see them all? I would imagine it is hard to get them all in one place. I realize you had a loss recently, which I am sorry for, so I know they are not all still with you.

I would like to get a little dog that basically lives in the trailer and goes out for walks with us. I love how the little ones think they can tangle with the big ones.

Weird! I went to the Cyber forum and just saw them. Nice dogs!
Old 05-08-2020, 08:37 PM   #66

Trailer: 2018 19'
During this stay at home pandemic have enjoyed watching carport/garage being built. Can’t wait to move “pearl” (17b) into her shelter soon.
Attached Thumbnails
E739175A-33A4-4659-A0BF-3A296DCA16C9.jpg  
Old 05-08-2020, 08:45 PM   #67

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
During this stay at home pandemic have enjoyed watching carport/garage being built. Can’t wait to move “pearl” (17b) into her shelter soon.
Very nice.
Do you have access to elect. power?
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #68

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Upholding?

Hi: All... Doing fine sitting inside watching the flurries again. Todays highlight... changing my night pajamas to my day pajamas. Now trying to summon the energy to shave...but why? Wow the suns out and "There's a squirrel"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:24 AM   #69

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Where, where
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:37 AM   #70

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
In Place

Hi Alf
I thought I ought to shave yesterday and it took a while just for the trim up. Been a month or better. Need about another month and it will be 6 months on a haircut. I thought maybe the lack of clipper trauma around my head would encourage all the timid follicles on the top to finally regenerate but no dice. Using the saved haircut money to buy a couple jugs of Cedar Ridge. Read your post out loud to Rita, the last line caused Jake to rocket off the couch and look out the window for something to chase. Got down to 27F here last night. Had the tender stuff covered.
Apples are in full Bloom. As are our 3 Purple Prince Flwg Crabs, planted in honor of
Prince and his song Purple Rain.
The bottom sideways job is my Cortland Apple. Gotta warm up for the pollinators to defy the Covid warnings and get back to work.
Here’s a few pics I snapped this AM.
Attached Thumbnails
D3C518D1-4CCA-482E-8A80-06D0175AE269.jpg   A75F2B4D-0C8E-4355-9EAB-717FA3B81D64.jpg   649259D8-869F-405D-AF76-D0759FEC8324.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #71

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
The elbow bump

There currently is a communications emergency in the land. We are all familiar with the now discredited custom used to greet friends, firm departures, forge alliances, and seal multibillion dollar business deals.

Talking about that thing used to silently teach fathers what they should know about their daughters’ boyfriends, and, that which allowed men to confirm when meeting a stranger that he did not have a knife hidden up his (or her) sleeve.

Yes, the handshake. You won't catch me doing it. These days no longer a wise thing to use. Handshakes now could contain a potentially lethal cocktail of viral droplets that will kill you or, at the very least, put you on life support.

I read that in 1907 President Teddy Roosevelt shook more than eight thousand hands in a single afternoon. Afterword, he went upstairs in the White House to “scrub himself clean.” Even then that big teddy bear knew something about the handshake. There are bone-crushers, yankers, dead fish, and arm twisting handshakes. You never forget your first dead fish handshake. Donald Trump is a known handshake hater, they say.

The knuckle bump? It has proven to be no longer so cool, or safe. What to do? The handshake today has been replaced by the peace sign, the wave, and most absurdly, the elbow bump. The elbow bump?

None of these, I think, especially the elbow bump, are worthy of being carved onto my gravestone, assuming my family is foolish enough to buy one. The peace sign doesn't work so well for owners of assault rifles, and the wave might be interpreted by some as an unwanted sexual preference. I should mention my elbows have always been very, very coarse.
Attached Thumbnails
elbow.jpg  
Old 05-09-2020, 01:54 PM   #72

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We could always kiss one another, like the Europeans do...........Nah, I do not think so, Tim!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:05 PM   #73

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
When I used to attend church I referred to a common practice as "The passing of the germs." I'll be glad to see it go!
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #74

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
When I used to attend church I referred to a common practice as "The passing of the germs." I'll be glad to see it go!
Maybe go back too the Flip Wilson/Reverend Leroy character collection method. No collection plate.

The Reverend Leroy says

"Take all of the money out of your purse and wallet and throw it in the air"
"All the money that stays in the air belongs to God"
"Everything that falls onto the ground belongs to Reverend Leroy!"

I suspect the Reverend did OK.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #75

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Man makes plans. God laughs.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
We could always kiss one another, like the Europeans do...........Nah, I do not think so, Tim!
Jim, A lot of people find me quite attractive and my personal hygiene is impeccable. And I have a friendly smile.

Personally I like to kiss my wife, but I hug every deserving person that wants one. I would really like to give Donna a big hug right now and ask her all sorts of questions so she has to talk, a lot!

So she doesn't feel alone!
Old 05-09-2020, 06:32 PM   #77

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I remember watching Jay Leno when he hosted the Tonight Show. He would shake hands in the first row of the audience, then he would always put his hands in his jacket pockets. I assumed he was somehow sanitizing his hands with antiseptic cloths or something. He would do this every time he opened the show, that I saw.

I wouldn't mind seeing the handshake replaced with a polite Asian bow. Keep your eyes on your opponent.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #78

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I remember watching Jay Leno when he hosted the Tonight Show. He would shake hands in the first row of the audience, then he would always put his hands in his jacket pockets. I assumed he was somehow sanitizing his hands with antiseptic cloths or something. He would do this every time he opened the show, that I saw.

I wouldn't mind seeing the handshake replaced with a polite Asian bow. Keep your eyes on your opponent.
An excellent idea, Mike!
Hope it catches on.
🙇

P.S. Person Bowing was approved as part of Unicode 6.0 in 2010 under the name “Person Bowing Deeply” and added to Emoji 1.0 in 2015.

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #79

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
Isolating in southeastern Utah!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6700.jpg  
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #80

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
We celebrated Mother's Day. My daughter, her husband and two grandsons came over with sushi and such from a take-out place. We visited in our vast back yard, attempting to keep our distance.
I can tell you that social distancing is impossible with grand kids, age one and three. We didn't hug, but staying six feet apart was impossible.

We were asked if we could take number one son on Wednesday since daughter has to work from home and son-in-law has been told he has to come into the office on Wednesday. Working from home with two kids is out of the question.
So, of course, we will have the grand on Wednesdays.

We will continue to stay home and keep our distance the rest of the week, but what ever will be, will be.