Life is strange.......whole new perspective - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2020, 07:40 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Jim sending positive thoughts your way ! Jim yes 1946 is the best year both for Linda and I too. You are going to be fine . Get in your Mustang push the pedal to metal and all your worries should disappear ! ��Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:32 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
I flatlined twice in the hospital about 9 years ago (doctors mistake). A very proactive nurse brought me back both times. Second time it took just short of 5 minutes. Last year I participated in the Senior Olympics and came away with three Bronze medals. Next month I turn 80. Life is strange indeed.
Tom&Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 12:17 AM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Jim,

Hang in there! Your new 21' is barely broken in! Loved meeting you an Noelia last year at the rally. Keep on trucken' as they say and "Don't let the old man in.."

(Also on Willie Nelson's latest album but that Toby Keith Video with Clint is an inspiration!)
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:10 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Jim, whatever the condition, I hope it goes as well as possible for you. Physical type problems can be a real bother, but do keep as positive as possible, and with a good attitude, and good medical stuff, things can hopefully be fine for you.

I am a huge advocate of staying as emotionally stable as possible during a physical downturn to yourself. You seem to generally have a good attitude, so should be able to keep up your spirits fairly well.

All the best going forward.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #25

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Jim: Hoping for a quick road back to full health for you. Keep your spirits up. I’m not that far from you so let me know if you ever need anything.
Old 07-18-2020, 09:46 AM   #26

Trailer: 2012 E19
A famous book says, "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." (Psalm 18:2). In troubling times we are reminded that there is one who loves us and who stays constant. Psalm 23 is good reading, too. Hold fast to what is constant. Best wishes.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thanks everyone for the positive wishes and remarks. As a side note, my mom wore 2 hearing aids and I'm in the process of ordering one as I normally need to see persons mouth to hear some words.That said, over the past 4 days taking a bevy or medical tests in preparation for surgery I have encountered everyone is wearing a mask and staying behind a plastic shield or wearing one. Sound has become very muffled and most items have to be repeated, several times,,,,,,,another result of the pandemic. Recently Noelle asked me to get her shoes and instead I gave her a shot of booze........
Old 07-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #28

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Thanks everyone for the positive wishes and remarks. As a side note, my mom wore 2 hearing aids and I'm in the process of ordering one as I normally need to see persons mouth to hear some words.That said, over the past 4 days taking a bevy or medical tests in preparation for surgery I have encountered everyone is wearing a mask and staying behind a plastic shield or wearing one. Sound has become very muffled and most items have to be repeated, several times,,,,,,,another result of the pandemic. Recently Noelle asked me to get her shoes and instead I gave her a shot of booze........
Good to know your sense of humor is still in place
Old 07-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #29

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Well Jim glad to hear that not only your sense of humour is still there but that you are going to do something about your loss of hearing. I remember having to step way back from the group sitting outside your trailer at the Miss. rally just so we could hear and understand each other
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:19 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Doctor: That ringing in your ears is tinnitus. Sometimes it's a precursor to going deaf.

Me: Eh, I don't care-- I've heard enough.

Good luck Jim.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I’ve had tinnitus since I was about 19. My hearing has been only fair for many years. For 24 years with the city it was mandatory to get your hearing checked. If you didn’t come in it went “upstairs” and your commissioner was notified. He jerked the offending employees pretty good and they got right in to the nurse. However, he was also an offender and my good friend, so he’d call me and say “Hey let’s stop and get our hearing checked and then go get a hot beef sandwich for lunch”. And that’s what we did every year. We gained a hundred pounds apiece while we worked for the city. I loved skirting the rules and the commissioner is still my good friend, see him every week. If it’s quiet in the timber I can still hear claws on bark. A decided advantage.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-22-2020, 11:18 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Quote:
If you think living and coping with the covid virus is bad, think again. Losing use of your camper, no trips, no rallies, just sitting home watching lot of tv? Well, throw in a unknown new medical condition and it gives everything a whole new perspective.

Yesterday at age 74 I had my fist CT scan and felt completely hopeless. Doctors are now controlling you life and body, telling you where to go and what to do. This is all new to me as I have never been a patient in a hospital, never broke a bone, still have my tonsils and appendix, a classic 1946 model with all of its parts.

Will I want to go camping anymore, will I be able to go. Should I purchase cemetery plots and prepay my funeral? Who will take care of our fur animals if Noelia gets sick. where will she live? Do I trust the doctor's opinion? Do I have time for a second opinion? Life is strange.........
Jim, Linda and I are sending prayers, positive energy and healing thoughts your way. Take it one day at a time and trust those who can help you maneuver this episode in your life. As I'm sure you know, the Escape community is pulling for you.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:22 AM   #33

Trailer: 2014 E21
Let us add our thoughts and best wishes.

Vella and Glenn
Old 07-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #34

Trailer: 2014 15B Escape Trailer
Jim,
That's devasting news. Sorry to hear you're going through health issues on top of dealing with this crazy new world we live in. Based on my experience with this forum, you are smart, handy and generous with sharing your knowledge. I know you've either directly or indirectly helped me when I was scratching my head. I also get the impression you're a tough old dog who will get through the rough stuff, ready to camp, whenever that is, with the rest of us. Be well.
California Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #35

Trailer: allanmacdonald
Jim, I am 70 yrs old with a few health issues, namely: coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, kidney disease, insulin dependent diabetes, TWO heart attacks, a week of minor strokes just to name a few issues I deal with. I ride a GSX1000 sport bike, a road bicycle, I snowboard, fly fish.
I was told to slow down, I will slow down when I am dead...don’t let a disturbing diagnosis keep u locked up in the house.
Get outside and go camping live your life!
Don’t sit on the couch and worry about life get out and live it!
Wishing u good health!!
allanmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:13 PM   #36

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Jim -

Just now seeing your post. Such a reminder - at every turn, even the ones we don’t realize ARE “turns”, life can switch course. You strike me as someone who’s handled those changes with ongoing grace and fortitude over your years on this fair earth - unquestionably with Noelle’s support and that of others near and dear to you, and - still, the spark comes from inside you.

Have an idea that long-standing pattern will hold true for you, on this round.

You are such a dear person in this “forum world” I know you through - you have helped us all, we will do what we can to return the favor.

That said - I send truly warm and good thoughts your way, hoping it helps even the littlest bit. And still hoping we get a chance to actually meet, one of these (uncertain) days!
Old 07-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Friday is "D" day. I'm scheduled for a 6-8 hour procedure called "Whipple" where the pancreas, gall bladder and stomach are more or less taken out and then reconfigured when reinstalled, a major overhaul. Everyone I have encountered are amazed at the lack of prior medical records due to this being the first. I will not be on line for awhile, so everyone stay safe and be good.
Here is some reading on the procedure....https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...t/pac-20385054
Old 07-28-2020, 03:35 PM   #38

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Jeepers. Take care. Do as you are told.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #39

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Friday is "D" day. I'm scheduled for a 6-8 hour procedure called "Whipple" where the pancreas, gall bladder and stomach are more or less taken out and then reconfigured when reinstalled, a major overhaul. Everyone I have encountered are amazed at the lack of prior medical records due to this being the first. I will not be on line for awhile, so everyone stay safe and be good.
Here is some reading on the procedure....https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-pro...t/pac-20385054
Hi Jim, wishing you the best with your surgery and recovery. We'll be thinking of you and hoping for a successful outcome for you.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:40 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hi: cpaharley2008... This "Whipple" sounds a little kinky!!! Sounds a bit strange that a "Dog" owner goes in for a "Cat" scan too. Hope they get it all back in but maybe you'll be a few pounds lighter. There's always hope!!!
I just got back from Dr. Skinners office. This time he scalped me fair and square. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote