NM state parks closing - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 05:29 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
State by State Campground Closures & Responses:
https://www.campendium.com/camping/c...88jirrJH-rGHcA
Old 03-13-2020, 05:30 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
Seems like a huge over-reaction to me. People living in apartments, townhouses and attached housing would be much closer to their neighbors than campers in a state or provincial park! Seems like herd mentality at its worst.
Hi Dave . We have a whole bunch of problems here like people hoarding toilet paper , paper towels , Lysol ,now today food ! Today went to Costco and lines in the parking lot for toilet paper and water . You have to get in line and are only allowed 1 package now because others created a shortage . While waiting to park wish I could of taken a picture of this couple who in their suv crammed stuff packed , you couldn’t see out their windows the suv was so packed to the roof even . I never saw that in my life before . I didn’t take a picture because didn’t want to start any trouble just in case . The other stores their shelf’s are empty . Gas here still hasn’t come down much . Still as much as 3.65 in some stations . It is getting nuts here . Yes this is serious but wish people would calm down ! Pat
Old 03-13-2020, 05:38 PM   #43
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
While waiting to park wish I could of taken a picture of this couple who in their suv crammed stuff packed , you couldn’t see out their windows the suv was so packed to the roof even . I never saw that in my life before . I didn’t take a picture because didn’t want to start any trouble just in case .
I can't make a judgement without knowing the backstory. For instance, within a few miles of my home there are at least 10 private senior foster care homes. Each home has 5-10 residents. The owners/operators are responsible for the care of the residents. Perhaps what you saw is someone on a panic run to make certain those residents will be cared for if things really go bad.

I guess it's just my personality to prefer this type of scenario rather than blatant greed.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I was in my county seat town of about 5,000 people this morning. They were having a one day sale. Lots of people all in a good mood. Every brand of TP, Paper towels, soap, all paper goods were available. Top sirloin $4.00 a pound and chicken drumsticks and thighs $.59 a pound. People here are genetically predisposed to stocking up and buying
Food and goods on sale. Canning, big freezers, shelving, are a way of life. I am of Czech descent, history, much less than
100 years old, teaches me to live with respect for preparation. Hundreds of
Thousands of Czechs starved in World War II. You bet I will eat a Carp or a Squirrel. But I like beef, pork and chicken too. Sushi, not so much we call that bait.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-13-2020, 05:48 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I can't make a judgement without knowing the backstory. For instance, within a few miles of my home there are at least 10 private senior foster care homes. Each home has 5-10 residents. The owners/operators are responsible for the care of the residents. Perhaps what you saw is someone on a panic run to make certain those residents will be cared for if things really go bad.

I guess it's just my personality to prefer this type of scenario rather than blatant greed.
Sorry Donna I really doubt it and they were young and just actually throwing things in their suv . Have seen what you are saying and They take care and not what these two were doing and usually have a van and use the flat cart . This was just one example . There are many . Pat
Old 03-13-2020, 05:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Sorry Donna I really doubt it and they were young and just actually throwing things in their suv . Have seen what you are saying and They take care and not what these two were doing and usually have a van and use the flat cart . This was just one example . There are many . Pat
And we have plenty of water stored that we make ourselves ( water distiller ) we have a small freezer too and have things on hand always . We lived through a bad earthquake here in 1994 so already keep some things . Toilet paper is all we needed . People are going a little overboard after the news etc ramp them up . Pat
Old 03-13-2020, 05:57 PM   #47

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I was in my county seat town of about 5,000 people this morning. They were having a one day sale. Lots of people all in a good mood. Every brand of TP, Paper towels, soap, all paper goods were available. Top sirloin $4.00 a pound and chicken drumsticks and thighs $.59 a pound. People here are genetically predisposed to stocking up and buying
Food and goods on sale. Canning, big freezers, shelving, are a way of life. I am of Czech descent, history, much less than
100 years old, teaches me to live with respect for preparation. Hundreds of
Thousands of Czechs starved in World War II. You bet I will eat a Carp or a Squirrel. But I like beef, pork and chicken too. Sushi, not so much we call that bait.
Iowa Dave
Hi Dave ; We are heading to Cumberland Wi tomorrow to stock up on necessities
( Jaternice , ham sausage , Easter sausage , biershichen , brats , fresh liver sausage ) so we can ride out the storm . Hope to see you in Mcgregor in the Spring
Ice out is 3 to 4 weeks away
Old 03-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
State by State Campground Closures & Responses:
https://www.campendium.com/camping/c...88jirrJH-rGHcA
Thanks for posting this Donna. I’m currently in AZ and plan on staying as long as possible. I live in Washington state so trying to avoid going back for now.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:51 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
You fellas talking about food sounds delicious. Trouble is, I gave up red meat a couple years ago. Last night I had a fake beef burger I swear tasted like the real thing. Homemade french fries and steamed asparagus on the side, too. Desert? A big, home-bake chocolate chip cookie. Most enjoyable! -Tom
Old 03-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #50

We had asparagus and French fries just a
a little bit ago. I would be remiss though If I didn’t add the pork tenderloin on a flatbread bun. No dessert, yet.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #51

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wait until we start talking about poutine and scrapple with SPAM. Our rallies are really food orgies in disguise behind a lot of liquid refreshment.......
Old 03-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I took Jon V’s Bubba Burger to a new twist. Melted Pepper Jack cheese on a fresh bagel. OMG.
Attached Thumbnails
22E73FB0-2895-4870-BA93-9570B6345502a.jpeg  
Old 03-13-2020, 08:05 PM   #53

Hi Greg
If you are ever in Chicago on the short north side. Belmont area, you should stop
At the Chicago Bagel Authority. They have quite a menu and do a great job with steamed bagels. On their website they have a description of the sandwiches they sell. It will give you some tasty ideas.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-13-2020, 08:22 PM   #54

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Texas State Parks

A statement from Texas State Parks:

https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/28102ca
Old 03-13-2020, 09:17 PM   #55

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
I plan on doing a little hording on Monday - if the weather warms up enough to keep the ice off the line, and if the fish cooperate.
And if they don't - well, I hear bait is crispy when fried.

--
Alan
Old 03-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
It just truly amazes me almost all posts on this form eventually turn into a food discussion ,why is that?
Old 03-13-2020, 10:33 PM   #57

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Wait until we start talking about poutine and scrapple with SPAM. Our rallies are really food orgies in disguise behind a lot of liquid refreshment.......
Poutine and SPAM absolutely! Scrapple Not so much.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:05 PM   #58

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
A statement from Texas State Parks:
https://content.govdelivery.com/acco...letins/28102ca

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 03-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #59

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Covid 19

Trying to make this as apolitical as possible...
Some commenters are stating bits and pieces of info, and leaving out some other mitigating facts.
What was left out, is that the CDC and other health orgs were overinflated with hiring increasing 10-fold in 2009+. The current administration was cutting back and firing some of the excess, and was reorganizing. Congress didn’t allow many of the cuts to take place, so most of the CDC funding is still in place.
Yes, vaccines for H1N1 became available...6 months AFTER the swine flu epidemic started. A state of emergency for the US was announced 6 months after the swine flu epidemic started.
The current administration announced a state of emergency for the US this past week, only weeks after this Covid-19 epidemic began.
Restricting travel into the US was a smart and unprecedented tactic by the current administration, and probably saved thousands of lives. With the unprecedented help from the private sector, the current admin and associated health groups are fervently working on a vaccine, which normally takes 6+ months.
In the meantime, smart hygienic practices are probably one’s best defense. Staying out of large crowds is important as well. Self-quarantine and contact your physician if showing signs of a fever, upper respiratory symptoms, not feeling well, etc.
My spouse is a healthcare worker for a nationwide large conglomeration of hospitals. The only guidance they are offering (and think is necessary) is what I stated above. So far, no one has been ill with Covid-19 within this healthcare system. People are being screened for these symptoms as they enter the hospitals or healthcare centers.
Many health professionals there are saying to continue your activities using logic and safety constraints.
I’m not sure that I agree with the state park closures, as people traveling in their own trailers is in a sense, “self-quarantining “.
Old 03-14-2020, 10:39 AM   #60

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
I’m not sure that I agree with the state park closures, as people traveling in their own trailers is in a sense, “self-quarantining “.

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Closed Thread