Spring Rallies, Covid and a Poll - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Poll Results: If CDC safety precautions are in place (masking, distancing)
I would participate in a potluck regardless of the vaccination status of others. 17 42.50%
I would not participate in a potluck. 23 57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Spring Rallies, Covid and a Poll

Several of us have spring rallies coming up quickly. To help with the planning stage (and schedule), we need some help. We're not asking if you're vaccinated (and wouldn't) nor an opinion about vaccines. This poll isn't about safely socializing, it's about sharing food and being fairly near other people while eating outdoors.

Whether or not you will actually participate in a spring rally, please answer this poll honestly. It will help. And THANK YOU.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:59 PM   #2

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
We did several "rallies" last year and are planning to attend several this year and have socialized and shared food outdoors, and would do so again with "social distancing" in place.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We were thinking of going to Osoyoos on the weekend that the Escape Rally was usually held. Thought there may be a few others that just happen to show up. However BC is going through the worse time for numbers of cases per day and it does not look like it is going to get better overnight.

We would only be comfortable if everyone was masked and kept their distance as we would expect in any campground.

No sharing of food or sitting around together. Just enjoyment from a far knowing liked minded people are in the area.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:36 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Being around others as long as masks are in place and hand sanitizer nearby, is not a problem for us. To be honest, buffets have always been 'iffy' for us so we think that just having everyone bring their own food is preferable (maybe hot dogs over a fire ... ).

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We're not "pot luck" people even in normal times. Really have enjoyed the wiener roast with awards for the best stick we put in at Quartzsite the last couple of years.
The Desert table campfire night at Quartzsite historically has been the best attended of all the events.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:37 PM   #6

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i would be good with hanging out -outside masked eating with social distancing. some sharing of food ok with me but maybe pre cut /proportioned . But I'm fine with bring my own food too and just eating together outside. Michaela and I are both vaccinated. COVID is still very active. Anyone not vaccinated should be very careful. And everyone seems to have different levels of acceptable risk.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
We’ve both had our first round of shots n getting the second in a week. So far no side effects our soreness. Even after we get both we will still wear mask for the foreseeable future. Get together will be great with distancing. Visiting with old n new friends around a campfire.... doesn’t get any better

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:48 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I’m ok with gatherings if all people mask. I’d come to campfire or bring my own food under those circumstances. Maybe dessert pre portioned?

Btw Donna, I’ll be attending Waterloo. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:35 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I have been in a masked social distancing situation with 18 people 14 family and 4 older aged 70+ Years friends in the last year. Now that those friends are all vaccinated and so am I, we are meeting for coffee on a driveway once a week. And that’s it. Everyone knows how much I like people and like to solve the worlds problems over a picnic table but it’s not something I’m comfortable with at this time. I got pretty tired of reading obituaries of class mates, former employees and friends who passed due to covid.
The world is changing and time will tell.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-06-2021, 06:56 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I love nothing more than sitting outside in a large gathering and socializing with some beers and eats; that said, my wife has managed to get one shot and I am still waiting for my first. Canada is way behind the States right now in terms of vaccinations.

I know a couple people who have lost loved ones to Covid: also, a younger friend of mine has recently overcome a bout with Covid and it was really scary - he's 49 years old, ex-army, very fit but it put him in intensive care for almost a week; a month later and still has little sense of taste and smell and cannot focus on anything for very long. He told me it was worse than the malaria he suffered from as a teen. WOW!! Until we're fully vaccinated and have waited the appropriate time for the shots to become effective I'm going to continue isolating.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:52 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
Canada is way behind the States right now in terms of vaccinations.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...oblems/618516/
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:19 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Got my second shot this am, I'm good to go.......