State Park Closures - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2020, 10:54 AM   #101

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
My suspicion is the main reason for only opening parks, etc for locals that can walk in or ride a bike (although I know people that have ridden across the US) is to avoid an influx of folks from outside the area. That keeps the support facilities such as hospitals, law enforcement, even bathroom cleaning, etc at their expected load, and avoids bringing in the virus to areas that don't already have it.
And that is precisely the point.
In Colorado, the virus was introduced into the ski resorts by out of state people flying in for ski season. Then it got passed to employees and then to other skiers, on and on and on. Now thousands are out of jobs. Spring ski season has been cancelled to keep the mobs away from the mountain resort towns.
The governor is urging everyone to recreate within ten miles of where they live and avoid traveling hundreds of miles to their favorite hiking area. The hope is that a small sacrifice now, will pay greater dividends later.

In Colorado, the message is loud and clear to those willing to listen and who care about others. . We don't want your disease. Keep it where you live.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:05 AM   #102

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
WE are still trying to arrange our trip to pick up our E21.

I spoke on the phone w "Ranger Bill" yesterday...he was at Jededia Smith State Redwood Park in California. He told me his park and the others, is/are CLOSED for campers..open ONLY to locals who (presumably I guess are sterile) and who can walk in or bike into his park. I asked Ranger Bill if he knew when the CA parks wd be open, as we wanted to camp in several.. on our way 'home' in June.
His reply was that he "didn't know", after the recent closure threat by the CA governor.
He did say that the CA parks were not taking any CAMPING reservations before AUGUST 1 2020. End of story for us..we were planning 1-3 nite 'stopovers' at Jed Smith, Woodson Bridge Rec Area, Yosemite park, & Sequoia ..on our way from Sumas.. to visit relatives in Scottsdale.
Now we will just be forced to 100% avoid California and go east thru LVNV..or take delivery and see America next fall or in 2021.if I live that long I guess. dang.
In case your interested in camping anywhere other than state parks, I see the private campground where we stayed for the Redwoods opened for camping May 1 (Kamp Klamath). There may be private options for other parts of California also.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #103

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Here in New Mexico where East-West Interstate 40 runs right through it, yesterday they just shut down the entire city of Gallup! No one in or out.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Here in New Mexico where East-West Interstate 40 runs right through it, yesterday they just shut down the entire city of Gallup! No one in or out.
The Navajo nation has been especially hard hit.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:28 PM   #105

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
(Tried to post this a couple of hours ago, but it never showed up):

5-2-2020 - Texas State Parks all still closed to camping. Staff does not know when they will be open, but Gov Abbot just opened most of the state, so maybe soon.

Parks open to day use only, with reservations. They are getting a lot of use, with those without reservations turned away.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #106

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post

Stated reason why? Covid?
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:16 PM   #107

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
And my second rally of the year, Maryhill, bites the dust- Washington parks officially have cancelled through May 18 now. I guess this one will have a bit more of a refund, though! (Fort Casey was on my senior pass.) I already spent it on a Lodge Cook-it-all and a generator. At this point they are taking no new reservations through June 30 so that does not bode well for my June trip. But since things could be a lot worse,..
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #108

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
5-2-2020 - Texas State Parks all still closed to camping. Staff does not know when they will be open, but Gov Abbot just opened most of the state, so maybe soon.

Parks open to day use only, with reservations. They are getting a lot of use, with those without reservations turned away.
Probably explains why most of the license plates I saw last week at Great Plains State Park in SW Oklahoma were from Texas. Even saw one from Connecticut. Oklahoma State Parks are open including bathrooms and showers. There was signage throughout the park about social distancing.
Curious Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #109

The Rocky Mountain Region of the Forest Service just extended the closure of developed campgrounds through May.

That’s Colorado, New Mexico,Wyoming, Kansas, South Dakota, Montana, Utah and Nebraska.

Ed
Old 05-07-2020, 07:27 PM   #110

Wyoming

Camping at state parks in Wyoming temporarily has been limited to residents.

All existing 2020 reservations for out-of-state visitors have been canceled to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure adherence to social distancing guidelines, according to a news release from Wyoming State Parks.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:04 PM   #111

Colorado

Colorado state parks are starting to open the campgrounds.

https://www.fortmorgantimes.com/2020...gin-to-reopen/