Support Group for Those Trying to Pick Up New Escape in Coronavirus Times - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Had a great, somewhat leisurely, trip planned from Texas to Chilliwack, meeting with family and friends on the way, in Calif up through Washington. Then pickup, rally, and coming back to Texas via Teddy Roosevelt NP and Custer State Park, the highlight. Not sure now when we will pick up. I've not been whining about the probable postponement (haven't made decision yet because much can change in a month). It is what it is. But when we do pickup, we will probably shoot up there as quickly as possible so we can start enjoying our trailer, which has been done since late January.
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 PM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryandEllen View Post
Had a great, somewhat leisurely, trip planned from Texas to Chilliwack, meeting with family and friends on the way, in Calif up through Washington. Then pickup, rally, and coming back to Texas via Teddy Roosevelt NP and Custer State Park, the highlight. Not sure now when we will pick up. I've not been whining about the probable postponement (haven't made decision yet because much can change in a month). It is what it is. But when we do pickup, we will probably shoot up there as quickly as possible so we can start enjoying our trailer, which has been done since late January.
Yes, we had a leisurely trip planned from Mississippi up through Santa Fe, Utah NPs, on to Chilliwach, then the rally, and then a meandering trip home. I've finally made peace with the delay (what other choice is there?) but I'm still ready to have our new Escape in the driveway (sold our Casita on Monday so we're camperless). At this point if things look better in a month or two we'll probably just hightail it via the most direct route to BC to pick her up, and then throw together an unplanned trip home (but happily camping in our new Escape). I've put away the maps that covered our dining room table, put away the camping gear, and am just focusing on the day-to-day of sheltering in place. But you can bet when the coast is clear I'll be ready to roll!
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 10:29 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 2019 21'
Jim
Thanks for the heads up @ Niagara. Bradford to Buffalo is family turf and I was downloaded in Pgh. My Sumas trip was 750 to 900 mi. each day to and from for 10 days so 800 is doable. That is a beautiful time of the year there, looking forward to it. It's been a long time.
vmomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:55 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape 19”
My 19’ was ready in December. My orientation was scheduled the third week in March. Everyone at Escape has been so helpful. Mr. Kenny even replied to an email I sent him. I really thought it was a lost cause because $3.00 a mile was impossible for me. Escape found someone else to piggy back with my RV and the cost was lowered to about 1/3. She is leaving BC today and will be on her way home. I can not put in words how relived I am. You see the pictures as she is being built, you supplied the upholstery, the flooring to make it even more personable. I am looking forward to many nights spent in my RV even if it’s in my driveway. So , to have something to look forward to now during this very bleak time is wonderful.
Adamsjm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsjm1 View Post
My 19’ was ready in December. My orientation was scheduled the third week in March. Everyone at Escape has been so helpful. Mr. Kenny even replied to an email I sent him. I really thought it was a lost cause because $3.00 a mile was impossible for me. Escape found someone else to piggy back with my RV and the cost was lowered to about 1/3. She is leaving BC today and will be on her way home. I can not put in words how relived I am. You see the pictures as she is being built, you supplied the upholstery, the flooring to make it even more personable. I am looking forward to many nights spent in my RV even if it’s in my driveway. So , to have something to look forward to now during this very bleak time is wonderful.
We too, have contacted Escape about delivery. That's great news that your 19 is on her way! She'll likely be passing within about 4 miles of our home in Hattiesburg on her way to Pensacola. That's wonderful that the price was less than the original $3 CAN estimate being shared. Do you mind me asking what your price is for the transport? It does seem that with gas being so cheap the price should be lower than in the past. And again, great news for you!
Old 04-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape 2019 21'
Congratulations. She is a late Christmas gift which will put a smile on your face that might be permanent when she gets to your driveway. Have some balloons and banner that says welcome home. When you take her out, look in the mirror and you cannot help but get a warm happy feeling. Many years of enjoyment ahead even if is in the driveway. Travel safe.
vmomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #27

Joanne, I am Jim. My wife and I were in Pcola until mid-March. We spent some time at the Blue Angel Rec Area off 98. It was there that we saw an Escape 5.0 5th wheel. We liked the quality of the camper. We moved from Pcola to Albany, NY in 2006. We return each winter for some period of time. Long story short-we ordered an Escape 19 when we returned to Albany. The estimated completion date was Jun 21st, but the latest update from Escape said that all completion dates were being delayed. Congratulations on having yours completed; I am certain that you are excited to have it delivered.
jth523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:10 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 19”
I really am. I’ll be on pins and needles until she’s finally here ha ha.
Adamsjm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:32 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Jim from Albany with your first post. Congrats on your new E19 from an ex T@da owner myself, mine was 2009 or 2010, can not remember.
Attached Thumbnails
Jim H&F.jpg  
Old 04-01-2020, 06:45 PM   #30

Jim Did you see my ad on the T@B/T@DA site? We were camping in Pensacola in our T@DA when we saw the Escape 5.0. We still have the T@DA for sale if someone you know wants a great trailer, a bit cheaper than an Escape. Thanks for the welcome. We look forward to going west to pickup out E19 whenever they are able to construct it.
jth523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:05 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryandEllen View Post
Nice to see a Flower Mounder. We live in Canton now but will most likely be relocating back there to be near son and family. Our big adventure ...3/4 month wandering got cut to 1 week when all of this hit. Not a fun time now.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth523 View Post
Jim Did you see my ad on the T@B/T@DA site? We were camping in Pensacola in our T@DA when we saw the Escape 5.0. We still have the T@DA for sale if someone you know wants a great trailer, a bit cheaper than an Escape. Thanks for the welcome. We look forward to going west to pickup out E19 whenever they are able to construct it.
I stopped posting on the T@Da site when I sold it and eventually found the Escape. It was a Yahoo group if I recall. either way, welcome to fiberglass....BTW, there is a rally in Niagara Falls, Ontario in September where there will be a lot of Escapes. The cg also has a motel so you can stay for awhile. See here for details https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...0-a-17319.html
Old 04-02-2020, 12:38 PM   #33

Reading this thread makes me feel both sad and glad. We lost our 15 year old lab last year at this time and the drive out to Chilliwack/Osoyoos without Franklin was not without sadness. Both Franklin and Hershey had made that trip 3 times before and now it was just Hershey traveling with us. We were lucky on the trip home several times and I felt Franklin was trying to get us home safely. Upon arrival back home within 30 days we rescued another dog, only because his name was......Franklin! reminds me of the movie "A Dogs Purpose" https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...S1%26PC%3dAPMC
Old 04-21-2020, 12:32 AM   #34

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
I guess it's time to end half of my whine. We picked up our trailer on Friday, and have put some things in the cabinets. And reclaimed a bunch of space in the garage! I work from home (and have for several years) so I can run out a few times a day to admire it. But the second half of the whine is still true: I want to go camping.

We remain good at self entertaining. And while I'm jealous of those who got snow this winter (we didn't get much), I'm sure NOT jealous of those who are still getting snow. Yard work and getting the veggie garden ready are good diversions for now, and the weather has been perfect for that.
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 06:39 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukwilma View Post
I guess it's time to end half of my whine. We picked up our trailer on Friday, and have put some things in the cabinets. And reclaimed a bunch of space in the garage! I work from home (and have for several years) so I can run out a few times a day to admire it. But the second half of the whine is still true: I want to go camping.

We remain good at self entertaining. And while I'm jealous of those who got snow this winter (we didn't get much), I'm sure NOT jealous of those who are still getting snow. Yard work and getting the veggie garden ready are good diversions for now, and the weather has been perfect for that.
Since the 'NE" is so new, how about some pictures so the rest of us can share in your happiness?
Old 04-21-2020, 06:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Since the 'NE" is so new, how about some pictures so the rest of us can share in your happiness?
on edit I see you have already done that, Thanks
Old 04-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #37

We had our E19 delivered last week! We shared the delivery with another E19 heading for Tallahassee, FL. While it was a big disappointment that we didn't get to visit the factory, and that we're not heading on to the Escape Rally, we're just thankful to have a shiny new Escape in the driveway. So right now I'm keeping Amazon busy with this and that that the new trailer "needs" as well as doing a little bit of wood working to store dishes in the cabinet under the sink.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:24 PM   #38

Quote:
on edit I see you have already done that, Thanks
Quote:
I'm working on creating an album, but getting frustrated with picture rotation issues! One of these is still upside down. sigh

Here are a couple interior photos. We added a counter extension to the dinette/lounge on the drivers' side, since counter space is forever an issue. We'll have the tv mounted above that, instead of in the bed area.

We had the recessed table leg brackets so I have fewer things to trip over, and a flat place for the dogs and their beds.

And then the lounge setup. We had ETI cut the table down, and not cut the corner off. We have a 12" board and cushion to make the lounge, and can use that board when we make up the bed so we still have a queen size guest bed.

And finally, the beast - we probably would have gone with the 19 foot if we didn't need to accommodate him plus our more reasonable sized Aussie mix.
Attached Thumbnails
Driver side dinette added counter extension - TV setup in Dinette.jpg   Dinette Lounge.jpg   The 120 pound reason for a bigger trailer.jpg   Dinette without table - note recessed table leg holdersa.jpg  
Old 04-22-2020, 12:18 AM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Download your photos into a photo processing app. Rotate, if required and then 'save as' whatever you like to call it, to your desktop. Post pix from your desktop.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Download your photos into a photo processing app. Rotate, if required and then 'save as' whatever you like to call it, to your desktop. Post pix from your desktop.
Thanks for the how-to, and for the power-assist on my upside down picture. To you or whomever did the fix.