Support Group for Those Trying to Pick Up New Escape in Coronavirus Times - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2020, 11:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Support Group for Those Trying to Pick Up New Escape in Coronavirus Times

We've got a new E19 waiting for us at the factory, but given the Coronavirus crisis and its hour-by-hour changes, our trip to pick her up is on hold indefinitely. Just thought I'd start this thread for those of us who now own an Escape but can't get it -- whining about not being able to get your new camper is in poor taste these days with all of the serious problems caused by the Coronavirus. So, I thought I'd start a little chat where we can vent our frustrations at not being able to get our new campers, and also share pickup travel strategies when things improve. I know, I know, patience. Just scroll on by if you think we're whiners.
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
I intend to vent all my frustrations thru the Super Max fan when I get it.

This is why we called it "Zen".

Love to everyone!
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I intend to vent all my frustrations thru the Super Max fan when I get it.

This is why we called it "Zen".

Love to everyone!
Well, that's a plan Uncle Tim! I'm not sure the Max Fan is going to be able to handle my venting needs though! We sold our Casita yesterday (never even advertised it!) so today is our first day being camperless. I'm busying myself with cleaning and sorting all of our camping gear and seeing if I can minimize it some before we get the Escape. Gosh I bought a lot of stuff that we just never use...
Old 03-24-2020, 04:13 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
It's fine to vent against a microscopic organism. It doesn't work to bully it however. So while you're upset that you don't have your trailer yet, it's just as bad for those that DO have our trailers and can't go anywhere with it. I can't driveway camp or work on mods because my trailer is stored offsite. WHINE!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's fine to vent against a microscopic organism. It doesn't work to bully it however. So while you're upset that you don't have your trailer yet, it's just as bad for those that DO have our trailers and can't go anywhere with it. I can't driveway camp or work on mods because my trailer is stored offsite. WHINE!
Oh gosh, not being able to keep your trailer at home where you can work on it or have a cup of coffee inside would be hard! We've been spoiled for the 3 1/2 years with our Casita in that she was literally right outside the garage door. And everyone's scrapped spring travel plans are certainly a bummer.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 2019 21'
Donna it could be a blessing not having ten in the driveway. My mind said to make maple sink cover and one for the cooktop for classy while she sits. While sizing my material the saw kicked and ate part of my thumb. Bad saw bad. Now I can sit and just drink coffee and suck my sore thumb for the next month. 60 safe years in the toilet. The lesson learned is as we age no matter what we do we need to be razor focused 110% of the time. At least I didn't break a hip.
vmomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I may have to do a campout in the driveway. Or if I clean the garage enough I can back it a bit farther in and see out the back window (with the back garage door up) to the view back there. Got my reservation cancellation email today.

Very frustrating, though I can see not picking it up might be even more so! Something you've planned on for a long time.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomara View Post
Donna it could be a blessing not having ten in the driveway. My mind said to make maple sink cover and one for the cooktop for classy while she sits. While sizing my material the saw kicked and ate part of my thumb. Bad saw bad. Now I can sit and just drink coffee and suck my sore thumb for the next month. 60 safe years in the toilet. The lesson learned is as we age no matter what we do we need to be razor focused 110% of the time. At least I didn't break a hip.
When we were doing a Casita mod last summer I asked my husband to trim a small piece of wood a pinch smaller. Well.... he held that piece of wood against his router and something went awry and he routed across his fingernail and down to the bone. It was a mess -- and now that it's healed he doesn't have feeling in the tip of his pointer finger. He, too, had been a safe carpenter for a long time but wasn't quite careful enough that time.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:59 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
I suppose I could whine also, but I could always pull my trailer out of the carport and move it to the infamous “Campsite #1.” The view out of the back window would be citrus and pine trees, and I have a fire ring nearby. While I might be camping, it’s not the same as real camping. Really, if I wanted to whine it would be about the hours I spent planning our summer trip, the phone calls to make reservations in New England where campgrounds are often fully booked. Often in January the phone rings off the hook because at that time of the year, booking sites is not a top priority for campground owners/managers. I spoke with one (New Hampshire) campground owner who, as it turned out, was wintering about 25 miles from my home. Now it looks like all my efforts were a waste of time. Whine? No just wine which may help drown my disappointments.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:02 AM   #10

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
I'll join in with the whine/not whine! I. Want. My. Trailer! *stomps foot* (Still about a week left in the build.) There are so many bigger things at play in the world, but darn it, we've spent a bunch of time planning and dreaming. We've purchased a bunch of things for this trailer that we didn't need for our old tent trailer - just waiting to be put away in our 21NE. We still have things to do, like open the tent trailer, clean it up, sort out what we move to the new trailer, what doesn't make the cut. Sell the old trailer. Plenty to do. We're good at keeping ourselves busy with house and yard chores. But I'm jealous when I read about your adventures and your modifications, and I'm ready to hit the road.

Our process for picking up the trailer will be easier than many because we live so close to Chilliwack. We can easily make it a day trip. So many others have several days travel. I can only imagine the additional frustrations of the changing rules.

And honestly, I guess it's easier to whine about not getting my trailer than it is to whine about the things I can't control, like a virus I can't stop, a vaccination I can't create. Full isolation for family and friends who have been directly exposed.
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:59 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
While there are frustrations with limitations invoked on us right now, whether not being able to get or use your trailer, or like us having to figure out how to get money back invested into a Hawaii trip in a few weeks, or trying to keep busy at home (no issue here for me ), we have to remember that this will just be a blip in time in the future.

For me, the HUGE losses to my retirement fund accounts is a way bigger worry than the virus. I am sure hoping for a return on them to some degree in the future.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 06:20 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
We can all whine about something at the moment but most of us are old enough I think to know that whining has never solved a darn thing. What has seemed to work though is a positive attitude, I will get this done whatever it takes!
I'm convinced the stock market will come back and as long as you're not living off that take a deep breath, roll up your spare change so you can invest more, good time to buy I say.
I'm more curious what happens after this is over? How much will this change are day to day life and how we live it?

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukwilma View Post
Our process for picking up the trailer will be easier than many because we live so close to Chilliwack. We can easily make it a day trip. So many others have several days travel. I can only imagine the additional frustrations of the changing rules.
I am actually really excited about making the three day trip to Chilliwack. I am going to see roads I have never seen before, sleep in the back of my new truck for the first time and relish the fact I will never have to do that again! I hope.

Looking past this tragedy with full optimism that this too shall pass. Hopefully curtailing this terrible loss of life.

As we take care to make sure we are all doing our parts, it is okay to think about good days ahead and maybe getting together and sharing a glass of wine. I have no use for the other spelling, although sometimes I am still guilty of it.

My biggest concern is, how do I keep myself busy and from going crazy waiting for this new piece of life to show up?

Donna, I am working on Led Zeppelin songs!
Old 03-25-2020, 08:42 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'd be there in a day and 1/2.....
Old 03-25-2020, 09:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'd be there in a day and 1/2.....

If our health would not be a concern, I would invite you up to drive it with me.

At that rate, you could make it to my house by this afternoon.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:43 AM   #16

When we went out last year, we left on a tuesday, we were planning on arriving monday,5/19 since our pickup was tuesday/ 5/20. After stopping in Wisconsin wednesday and Bismarck on thursday, we intended to stop in Montana on friday. We stopped and found out our Motel 6 $49/nite room was now $149 since it was the weekend. I punched in Chilliwack and it said 14 hours. We drove on until north of Seattle and pulled into a Walmart for some shut eye. We were at Escape Factory before 8 am on saturday, 2 days ahead of schedule, waiting for them to open so we can see our new trailer.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #17

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
This has been an interesting thread and I sincerely hope that it stays on topic .
All it takes is one misplaced post to take it off track
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #18

Thumbs up

You are right Steve, thread has been cleaned up....
Old 03-25-2020, 05:16 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape 2019 21'
I did the same thing. My pickup was 01/21/19 in Sumas. I drove 750 mi. in 4 days. Was so pumped up about picking up Classy that me and my sidekick Missy {6 mo. Boston Terrier} arrived a day early. Drive and sleep in the truck. The excitement was to the point that not even the crappy weather was going to keep me from picking up my new abode. I just wanted to pick her up and go home. A year later she sits in the driveway waiting for better times, but every day we spend time together enjoying each others company. It makes me forget the 74 years behind and focus on the ones ahead.
vmomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:14 PM   #20

Vince,
Try to make the Escape Rally in Niagara Falls, On in September, a little over 800 miles for you but well worth it if you have never been there nor to a Escape Rally. We have been both to the Osoyoos, BC rally 3 times and Niagara the same. But with what is going on, May does not look good for Osoyoos, but September maybe a better chance.