The new Normal - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #81

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Keep the faith....help's comin'.
Attached Thumbnails
mask1x.jpg  
Old 12-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #82

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
“Stealerships” take advantage and feed off those who have no idea about the mechanics of their vehicle. Great job of knowing better!

We had a basic recall notice on my wife’s 2014 Honda Pilot a few years ago. When she took it in they went through a few things on her car and showed her the dirty interior air filter and said they could change it for something like $75. She laughed and said no and she’d buy one from the auto parts store for $20 and install it in the parking lot. When she picked up her car the fan motor was extremely loud so she walked around grabbed the service manager, opened up the glove box, pulled the side flat, pulled the filter and low and behold there in all it’s glory was a shiny new black zip tie on the other side of the filter.

She took a picture of it, turned and took a picture of the service manager and said “Before I contact my attorney can you explain how this happened?”.

She called me on her drive home to let me know she now had “Free” Lifetime Oil Changes from the Stealership.

I am proud knowing that my on the surface girly girl wife has the skills to know better!
Yeah, the cabin air filter is the biggest scam around. It literally takes longer to unload the glove box than it does it change the filter. Wait, I take that back. The biggest scam is buying a replacement key fob. We got 2 with our new truck. After a couple years one of them started acting up. Sometimes it would work, other times not. I figured this can't cost more than $15-20 bucks. Wrong. Dealership wanted $150 for the fob plus $75 to program it. $225 for something that probably cost $5 to make. I decided to just use my key.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 09:54 PM   #83

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
“Stealerships” take advantage and feed off those who have no idea about the mechanics of their vehicle. Great job of knowing better!

We had a basic recall notice on my wife’s 2014 Honda Pilot a few years ago. When she took it in they went through a few things on her car and showed her the dirty interior air filter and said they could change it for something like $75. She laughed and said no and she’d buy one from the auto parts store for $20 and install it in the parking lot. When she picked up her car the fan motor was extremely loud so she walked around grabbed the service manager, opened up the glove box, pulled the side flat, pulled the filter and low and behold there in all it’s glory was a shiny new black zip tie on the other side of the filter.

She took a picture of it, turned and took a picture of the service manager and said “Before I contact my attorney can you explain how this happened?”.

She called me on her drive home to let me know she now had “Free” Lifetime Oil Changes from the Stealership.

I am proud knowing that my on the surface girly girl wife has the skills to know better!
Hi: WillyB... Here's a pic of the cabin air filter from my wife's car. After I changed the $35. filter it cost $48. to have our mechanic take the blower apart to extricate the petrified mouse. My wife was right... something did die in her car!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
20200701_135915.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:58 AM   #84

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
The Sacramento area counties (one of the 5 regions for covid restrictions) in on stay home as of midnight tonight. The restrictions kick in when the number of ICU beds available falls below 15% I got an email from Sonoma County Parks (not in the Sac area....they have half a dozen campgrounds) that the campgrounds are closing in the morning until at least January 9.

https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-exc...tay-home-order
Old 12-11-2020, 05:20 AM   #85

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Yikes!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:58 PM   #86

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
The Sacramento area counties (one of the 5 regions for covid restrictions) in on stay home as of midnight tonight. The restrictions kick in when the number of ICU beds available falls below 15% I got an email from Sonoma County Parks (not in the Sac area....they have half a dozen campgrounds) that the campgrounds are closing in the morning until at least January 9.

https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-exc...tay-home-order
Hi: h2owmn... I sure hope you like "Driveway camping"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:15 PM   #87

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Seems you just cannot escape this terrible thing. It is hard to accept that. The new Normal.

I was in my truck Monday at 7:56 in the morning when a masked guy told me to remove my mask, put my head back. I was warned. He then stuck an 8 inch long plastic shaft up my nose, to the back of my throat. Made one uncomfortable cough but it was done quickly.

This was at a tent set up in front of the Spinal Cord Division of the Raymond Murphy VA hospital in Albuquerque. Had no appointment. Took a chance and showed up extra early. First in line. They took care of me anyway. Free to go, would get test results in +3-4 hours.

At my dentist last week had work done. A couple days later they called to inform me one of their employees had tested positive for the virus. Had no symptoms but best advice - get tested. 24 percent of US hospitals are currently reporting critical staffing shortages due to the Covid-19 surge fueled by the Omicron variant. My sense is though they too are overwhelmed, feel lucky to be in the VA hospital system.

Regardless of results, good I got it done. Feeling good, like in the movies, if I needed to dig out a bullet in my arm with a pen knife I did not have to do it myself. Have people for that.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:34 PM   #88

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Seems you just cannot escape this terrible thing. It is hard to accept that. The new Normal.

I was in my truck Monday at 7:56 in the morning when a masked guy told me to remove my mask, put my head back. I was warned. He then stuck an 8 inch long plastic shaft up my nose, to the back of my throat. Made one uncomfortable cough but it was done quickly.

This was at a tent set up in front of the Spinal Cord Division of the Raymond Murphy VA hospital in Albuquerque. Had no appointment. Took a chance and showed up extra early. First in line. They took care of me anyway. Free to go, would get test results in +3-4 hours.

At my dentist last week had work done. A couple days later they called to inform me one of their employees had tested positive for the virus. Had no symptoms but best advice - get tested. 24 percent of US hospitals are currently reporting critical staffing shortages due to the Covid-19 surge fueled by the Omicron variant. My sense is though they too are overwhelmed, feel lucky to be in the VA hospital system.

Regardless of results, good I got it done. Feeling good, like in the movies, if I needed to dig out a bullet in my arm with a pen knife I did not have to do it myself. Have people for that.
I hope you get a negative result.

All of us cancer patients thank you for caring enough to get tested.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote