The plague risks - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 03:50 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Maybe he organized the whole conspiracy- worldwide pandemic!- to get a book deal.
With Bill Gate's assistance - so they can make billions on the vaccine...

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-23-2020, 03:51 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Well, now I know. All this time I believed all those "mainstream media" stories about Fauci being an amazingly dedicated man who worked decades of his life to help people stay healthy by avoiding diseases; the guy who's coworkers jokingly complained to him to go home from work earlier to stop making them look bad; praised by Presidents of both parties, etc.

Now I now it was a long decades long cynical scheme to secure that lucrative book deal. Wow was I ever snookered.
Eric, What do you suppose the title of Fauci’s book will be?

“The Art of the Pandemic” or perhaps “Your Favorite Epidemiologist.”

I can already imagine parts of the introduction. “Here comes a pandemic, and only I can stop it.” Or perhaps “The surgeon general spends too much in the operating room. I will be to busy in the lab working for you to cut things open.” Or maybe even, “This is how I magically wished the pandemic away.”
Old 07-23-2020, 05:13 PM   #63
LRL

Trailer: E23Q; previously: 2017 E21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAG View Post
Covid 19 98-99% recovery rate much better than the seasonal flu=Why we were not lockdown for the last 50 years is beyond me.
I beg to differ. Best current estimate for overall Covid mortality is 0.6%, double or triple that for "typical" influenza. Moreover, the mortality rate for Covid skews heavily towards older or sicker adults... way more than does influenza. Finally, though overall mortality is 0.6% (give or take), morbidity (severity of illness short of death) is markedly higher with Covid.

Note that hospital capacity has not ever been impacted by any other infectious disease in our lifetimes as it has been by Covid.

This is NOT the flu, and I'm sorry that you've been given the impression there is no significant difference.
Arcata, CA
Old 07-23-2020, 05:14 PM   #64

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
"There ain't no corner store in Sarita or any other kind of store for that matter."

Sure, Now.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:24 PM   #65

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post
I have little experience with 'devoted public servants' as I avoid them as much as possible.

The times I do have to deal with them it seems they look for ways to say no to whatever I want as opposed to finding a way to help.

One need look no further than this forum for evidence of this.

Look for all the comments about various DMV's and the registration process.
I guess it is just me, but I have found the overwhelming majority of people who work for the various levels of government to be pretty decent and helpful folks. That ranges from park rangers to DMV workers to law enforcement officers to teachers to the nice lady in the social security office who helped me get started on Social Security. Even our mail lady is nice and will hold mail for over 30 days if we just ask her. Just like folks in private business, they aren't all perfect, but then neither am I.

And no, I am not a retired public servant.
Old 07-23-2020, 05:48 PM   #66

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
I''ve kept out of this one until now. I operate on facts, or at least the best information from the best sources I can find. Per John Hopkins coronavirus page, as of 5:30 PM CST on 23 July 2020 there were 3,970,085 confirmed cases and 143,190 deaths in the United States. That gives a mortality rate of 3.6 percent. That would be about 4 times the rate for seasonal flu.

The 99 percent recovery rate comes from several scientists who presume from several past outbreaks that the actual number of cases is 10 times greater than the number tested, all those asymptomatic cases that need to wear masks to prevent infecting others.

And as for recovery, I agree with HarleyD that not all people recover the way the statistics are passed around. Many, if not most, people seem to have long term affects from this disease, it is not to be taken lightly.

I have a statement I give on social media when I see "fake news", lies, falsehoods and misstatements made in memes or postings. Truth matter, facts matter and there are no alternate facts or different facts.
Closed Thread