The plague risks - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
If that was the death toll over 12 months , it still wouldn’t lessen the tragedy
That’s right Steve. Loss of life, especially in situations where family can’t be with the person dying is especially sad to me. Couple that with the preventability this PANDEMIC is suffering, and we do have a civil tragedy like we’ve never seen.
Iowa “Big Fish” Dave
Old 07-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #42

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
No Eric, it's not about rats either

But it is about squirrels.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #43

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
"Recovery" may be kind of misleading. One percent fatal is so very far from 99% recovery.
Assuming 150,000 deaths, a round number that is close.
"Recovered" would include:
2,850,000 hospitalized (X19)
2,700,000 with permanent heart issues (X18)
1,500,000 with permanent lung damage (X10)
450,000 with strokes
600,000 with chronic neurological damage.
A few might fall into more than one category.

Deaths are not the only lasting "damage"
Old 07-23-2020, 09:31 AM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAG View Post
Covid 19 98-99% recovery rate much better than the seasonal flu=Why we were not lockdown for the last 50 years is beyond me.
I have never once seen where the seasonal flu has overwhelmed hospitals .

we seen the affects in New York .Now the non believer states have passed NY. We are back open and have a the rate under control. we did it by locking down in wearing mask.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:03 AM   #45

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
If that was the death toll over 12 months , it still wouldn’t lessen the tragedy
Agreed.

I have a couple of clients who lost healthy vibrant parents to this pandemic.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #46

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAG View Post
Covid 19 98-99% recovery rate much better than the seasonal flu=Why we were not lockdown for the last 50 years is beyond me.
I know this isn't a political discussion otherwise your post like several of mine would have been removed.

So let just say that what is 'beyond you' is not beyond the argument presented many times by Dr. Fauci, immunologist and the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

A 1% mortality rate “means it is 10-times more lethal than the seasonal flu,” “I think that’s something people can get their arms around and understand.”

Uh... Not all people Dr. Fauci.

And, "A 99% survival rate might sound promising. But when it’s scaled out to the rest of the country – all 329 million residents – a 1% survival rate takes on a different meaning."

Meanwhile another so-called expert in communicable diseases held a press conference yesterday and claimed that, "kids with strong immune systems don't bring the coronavirus home and that is the reason all schools can open in the fall." It is a strange thing about Covid-19: Unlike the flu and colds which can migrate from school settings to home settings, the Coronavirus doesn't.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:45 AM   #47

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
I had never heard of Dr Fauci until this problem. He may not be a political person but he's is really milking this situation for all its worth. Get between him and camera at your own risk.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post
I had never heard of Dr Fauci until this problem. He may not be a political person but he's is really milking this situation for all its worth. Get between him and camera at your own risk.
I agree! Did you see how he tried to rudely push our president away from the podium a couple of months ago so he could interject his own biased opinions about the alleged existence of Covid-19?
Old 07-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #49

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
I agree! Did you see how he tried to rudely push our president away from the podium a couple of months ago so he could interject his own biased opinions about the alleged existence of Covid-19?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post
If you are old enough and follow the science , and the news , you would know that Dr Fauci was prominent during the H1N1 virus , Aids and the Ebola outbreaks . There are many devoted public servants who do their job and do it well everyday , who don’t get the praise they deserve .
We don’t often hear the names of the engineers at NASA but they somehow managed to get a man on the moon or the the names of the agronomists who developed disease resistant crops that helped prevent worldwide famine
If fame and notoriety were the qualifications to lead us through this pandemic then the Kardashians would be running the show .
Old 07-23-2020, 02:06 PM   #50

Quote:
If you are old enough and follow the science , and the news , you would know that Dr Fauci was prominent during the H1N1 virus , Aids and the Ebola outbreaks . There are many devoted public servants who do their job and do it well everyday , who don’t get the praise they deserve .
We don’t often hear the names of the engineers at NASA but they somehow managed to get a man on the moon or the the names of the agronomists who developed disease resistant crops that helped prevent worldwide famine
If fame and notoriety were the qualifications to lead us through this pandemic then the Kardashians would be running the show .
"H1N1 virus , Aids and the Ebola outbreaks" I remember these. The aids was/is a much longer duration then the others but I don't remember any publicity involving Dr Fauci. I accept he was involved but just don't remember hearing about him.

This time he is making up for his failure to capitalize on those situations. Five will get you ten he has a book in the works.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:28 PM   #51

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Give it up, Ranger.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:30 PM   #52

I have little experience with 'devoted public servants' as I avoid them as much as possible.

The times I do have to deal with them it seems they look for ways to say no to whatever I want as opposed to finding a way to help.

One need look no further than this forum for evidence of this.

Look for all the comments about various DMV's and the registration process.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
These figures may be a little out of date.
Attached Thumbnails
fauci2.jpg  
Old 07-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Give it up, Ranger.
Give what up?
Old 07-23-2020, 02:57 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
These figures may be a little out of date.
Slightly.

As of today at 3:54 EDT. 4.04 million confirmed cases/1.2 million 'recovered'/145,000 deaths.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:04 PM   #56

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I have never once seen where the seasonal flu has overwhelmed hospitals .

we seen the affects in New York .Now the non believer states have passed NY. We are back open and have a the rate under control. we did it by locking down in wearing mask.
I’m not trying to get into politics, but it is almost unavoidable In this thread. I really take umbrage with your qualification of some states as “non believer states.” New York has its share of jack asses who didn’t want to wear masks or social distance, but the political leaders in NY responded to the crisis appropriately. I, for one, did not support the loud mouthed braggart clone in Florida who mishandled and is still mishandling the pandemic here, but there are hundreds or thousands of retired New Yorkers now living here who did. So it isn’t necessarily (the population of the) states that are “non-believers,” in many cases it is those who are running the show. What would have happened if Cuomo had not been in charge in NY?

And BTW, in 1918, the medical system was pushed to the brink by a pesky little pandemic named the Spanish Flu. Interesting name because while there was no definitive proof, there was some thought that it may have originated in Kansas. There is no distinction here. The so-called seasonal flu and common cold are caused by viral agents. Every so often an extremely virulent one shows up, occasionally spreading world wide. COVID-19 is the latest in a long line. Be thankful the Ebola has been relatively contained in Africa. For those lucky enough to survive, many have lasting effects.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:32 PM   #57

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Well, now I know. All this time I believed all those "mainstream media" stories about Fauci being an amazingly dedicated man who worked decades of his life to help people stay healthy by avoiding diseases; the guy who's coworkers jokingly complained to him to go home from work earlier to stop making them look bad; praised by Presidents of both parties, etc.

Now I now it was a long decades long cynical scheme to secure that lucrative book deal. Wow was I ever snookered.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-23-2020, 03:43 PM   #58

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Careful Eric. Sarcasm doesn't work on some people. They'll believe it, or anything.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #59

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Well, now I know. All this time I believed all those "mainstream media" stories about Fauci being an amazingly dedicated man who worked decades of his life to help people stay healthy by avoiding diseases; the guy who's coworkers jokingly complained to him to go home from work earlier to stop making them look bad; praised by Presidents of both parties, etc.

Now I now it was a long decades long cynical scheme to secure that lucrative book deal. Wow was I ever snookered.
Maybe he organized the whole conspiracy- worldwide pandemic!- to get a book deal.
Old 07-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #60

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Careful Eric. Sarcasm doesn't work on some people. They'll believe it, or anything.
Glenn - ain't that the sad truth. I always thought 1984 was an interesting take on possible futures, but I never thought I'd see Newspeak in action in my lifetime.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Closed Thread