US/Canada border closed until??? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 04:19 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I read an interesting article last night about the border crossing at Abbotsford / Sumas
According to the article there has been some heated confrontations at that border crossing , some of which have turned physical.
It appears some US citizens have tried to circumvent the border crossing restrictions
Old 08-14-2020, 04:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I read an interesting article last night about the border crossing at Abbotsford / Sumas
According to the article there has been some heated confrontations at that border crossing , some of which have turned physical.
It appears some US citizens have tried to circumvent the border crossing restrictions

Is that what's known as "American exceptionalism"?
Old 08-14-2020, 04:39 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Is that what's known as "American exceptionalism"?
I was not trying to defend the abhorrent behavior of my fellow US citizen
but evidently the Ugly American is alive , and well !
Old 08-14-2020, 05:44 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Probably in the minority here, kind of enjoying the border closure. It's been a very peaceful summer up here in Alaska. And recently, when we were down in Bellingham, hardly any traffic on the Guide Meridian with no long lines at Costco. Scott and Lori

I LIKE BIKES!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
I have a friend who is a border guard. I'll have to pick his brain to see what he thinks as to the future of border issues.
That discussion and decision is probably way beyond his pay grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK snowbiker View Post
Probably in the minority here, kind of enjoying the border closure. It's been a very peaceful summer up here in Alaska. And recently, when we were down in Bellingham, hardly any traffic on the Guide Meridian with no long lines at Costco. Scott and Lori

I LIKE BIKES!
I know what you mean. We've made 3 trips to the interior of BC and have gotten great campsites in all campgrounds. Normally, in the middle of summer we wouldn't have been so lucky.

I can remember, a long, long time ago when Guide Meridian wasn't a congested nightmare. But now I avoid it if possible.

I'm really starting to wonder if we'll be able to head South towards the end of Jan. At first I'd have thought that wouldn't be an issue, but now I'm not so sure. We get a double whammy because both the US and Baja will have to open up.

Ron
Old 08-14-2020, 06:20 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
I was born in Canada, live in the US dual citizenship. I had a big BC trip planned for this summer. Having immediate family in Canada I could have gone as long as I did a 14 day quarantine. Somehow that just didn’t seem right to me so I cancelled my trip. I have been planning my four month winter trip in AZ. I’m thinking there are still a lot of Canadians making reservations hoping the border opens, reservations for the parks are in high demand.
Old 08-16-2020, 06:17 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
That discussion and decision is probably way beyond his pay grade.

I know what you mean. We've made 3 trips to the interior of BC and have gotten great campsites in all campgrounds. Normally, in the middle of summer we wouldn't have been so lucky.

I can remember, a long, long time ago when Guide Meridian wasn't a congested nightmare. But now I avoid it if possible.

I'm really starting to wonder if we'll be able to head South towards the end of Jan. At first I'd have thought that wouldn't be an issue, but now I'm not so sure. We get a double whammy because both the US and Baja will have to open up.

Ron
Yes it would not be his decision for sure and above his pay grade. He is an upper level supervisor and may have a better feel for what nay be coming than the average citizen. It will interesting just to see his take on things.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:43 AM   #28

Let’s hope that conditions in the future change for the better and the border can reopen to the benefit of both sides .

ALF in 2021 !!!!
Old 08-16-2020, 08:56 AM   #29

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Let’s hope that conditions in the future change for the better and the border can reopen to the benefit of both sides .

ALF in 2021 !!!!
Florida and other southern states will certainly take a hit, if Canadians can't 'fly south' for the winter. I have a rental condo that is rented year round. But, my long term tenant is a bar tender who has been out of work since March. I've lower her rent 25%, but, without the Snow Birds, even if she goes back to work, it will be tough times for her. I'm lucky to be in a position to absorb some of the 'hurt' which is why I lowered her rent.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:29 AM   #30

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
I have had to lower my commercial renters by 50%.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:43 PM   #31

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I deleted a fair number of posts from this thread, maybe more then necessary. I think some folks need to read the forum rules, here's a few excerps.

Be Courteous!
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Please treat each other with respect just as you would around a campfire.

Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice you opinion respectfully and then let it go.

Fair Warning: discussions, statements and images that are political in nature or that reference general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of the forum and will be closed or removed.

Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:41 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Thank you! I really appreciate being able to read the posts here and "get away" for awhile. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #33

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Up against the wall!!!

Hi: All... Canadian border closed to at least Feb. 21st. 2021. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 01-16-2021, 01:48 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Can’t cross

Hi Alf
And I so much wanted to drive through Ontario next month to celebrate Valen Heart Tines day with you Alf. Maybe later this year I hope.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-16-2021, 02:01 PM   #35

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Crossing the line!!!

Hi: Iowa Dave... We'd love to have you two... Valid tines or not!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 01-16-2021, 04:52 PM   #36

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We hadn't counted on driving across the border into that county we see almost daily but can't get there Beth's plan to fly to KS to our daughter's for arrival of grandchild number nine next month keeps having roadblocks thrown up. First needing a negative test before returning to Canada, now CDC has indicated that anyone flying into the US will need a negative test. Today got advice her first flight cancelled and instead of one hours layover enroute it's now six. She's rethinking the whole trip.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:31 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Miss you down here, Alf.
Old 02-20-2021, 02:32 PM   #38

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Progress

Alf and I are men of action. We did our jobs and perhaps we will see results. Gotta have breakfast at Bettys, I need that smoked salmon, fried fish,little potatoes and a couple deserts.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-20-2021, 04:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
We hadn't counted on driving across the border into that county we see almost daily but can't get there Beth's plan to fly to KS to our daughter's for arrival of grandchild number nine next month keeps having roadblocks thrown up. First needing a negative test before returning to Canada, now CDC has indicated that anyone flying into the US will need a negative test. Today got advice her first flight cancelled and instead of one hours layover enroute it's now six. She's rethinking the whole trip.
Just saw this again and thought I'd update...Beth went the day before tests were required to enter US, baby arrived, she can't fly back to Winnipeg, now booked to Grand Forks ND and taxi over land border home. Very expensive!
Old 02-20-2021, 04:12 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Alf and I are men of action. We did our jobs and perhaps we will see results. Gotta have breakfast at Bettys, I need that smoked salmon, fried fish,little potatoes and a couple deserts.
Iowa Dave
I think Dave you should have linked to the Niagara Rally thread, not everyone would know what you're talking about "did our jobs"
Closed Thread