US/Canada border closed until??? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 05:33 AM   #61

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I wear a mask and goggles when I go into a store, sanitize my hands when I leave, and wash them when I get home. So far so good, for me at least. I feel sorry for extroverts who need to be around other people a lot of the time.
Mike, I’m pretty much an extrovert. I like being around other people snd meeting new people, but I do not need to be. Yes, I wish we could return to Pre-COVID-19 normals, but you’ve got to do that which is necessary to protect yourself and others. I have had two doses of the Moderna vaccine, and except for the goggles (I wear glasses), I still follow the same protocols as you, mostly out of concern for others. And even though sanitizer is a good substitute, I wash my hands with soap and water when or as soon as possible. Fortunately, there are cases of COVID where I live, but it is not one of the “hot zones” with lots of new infections daily.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:37 AM   #62

Trailer: 2018 E19
You might find this graph interesting. There has been no explanation as to why the trend is downward with the number of cases. I thought it was encouraging. You can look at any state and see similar trends.

Doug-B

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...19/map/georgia
Old 02-25-2021, 07:53 AM   #63

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
3M goggles with readers

BTW- some folks might be interested in the goggles I use. They have close-up lenses built in, like reading glasses, so I can see labels in the grocery store. They're pretty cool:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0771VGC9L...t_b_asin_title

If people in stores ask why I'm wearing a mask and goggles, I just tell them I'm a spaceman.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:09 AM   #64

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Glass eye!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
BTW- some folks might be interested in the goggles I use. They have close-up lenses built in, like reading glasses, so I can see labels in the grocery store. They're pretty cool:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0771VGC9L...t_b_asin_title

If people in stores ask why I'm wearing a mask and goggles, I just tell them I'm a spaceman.
Hi: Mike Lewis... Maybe a "Space cadet"!!!
The lady at the licence bureau asked me if I needed glasses to drive and I said no... just to see!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 02-25-2021, 08:57 PM   #65

Trailer: 2020 E-19
Any relation to Dr. Leo Spaceman?
Old 02-25-2021, 09:29 PM   #66

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Alf
I had a somewhat similar experience.
A lady game warden told me I needed a license to hunt deer. I told her you don’t need a license you need a gun. Jeez she got mad.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-03-2021, 01:56 PM   #67

Trailer: pending
OK this border closure is NUTS.
In the news today, people are crossing from Mexico, undocumented, into Texas, getting tested, ARE POSITIVE and yet sent on their merry way.
BUT I can NOT drive form Toronto to Detroit through the tunnel to visit my daughter.
I CAN FLY though. I can send my car or whatever by transport company, pick it up state side and do what I want. Upon return they can NOT deny me entry as a Canadian citizen so what is going ON ?
Billions is being lost in revenue to Canadian business with these absurd policies.
Like Yoda would say "close borders or close not, there is no eh ! "
Old 03-03-2021, 02:07 PM   #68

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Lirious View Post
In the news today, people are crossing from Mexico, undocumented, into Texas, getting tested, ARE POSITIVE and yet sent on their merry way.
BUT I can NOT drive form Toronto to Detroit through the tunnel to visit my daughter.
I CAN FLY though. I can send my car or whatever by transport company, pick it up state side and do what I want. Upon return they can NOT deny me entry as a Canadian citizen so what is going ON ?
Billions is being lost in revenue to Canadian business with these absurd policies.
Be careful this is quite political. Just be happy you're not paying an arm and a leg which my wife is doing just landing in Minneapolis on the way to Grand Forks ND since she cannot fly to Winnipeg, then taxi from there home and pray that her test results (negative) will be within the 72 hours allowed, should be unless something happens to her next flight. Then we'll be self isolating in the house one up and one down for two weeks and she must do two more tests. At least she was at our Daughter's place for our last grandson's arrival.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:17 PM   #69

"Be careful this is quite political."
and THAT is the problem.
Science and reality does not play a part. You get tested upon arrival to Canada AFTER you have just shown them a test from the last 72 hours that you are negative, THEN you do quarantine where apparently they now personally visit you and ask for PHOTO ID, then after the 14days you are free again, BUT logic and science would dictate the the test should be at THE END of the quarantine, and NOT a couple of days after you just had a test to get in !
Now if these are the protocols forced upon us by these so called geniuses and experts, we ARE DOOMED
they have no clue what they are doing or WHY
Old 03-03-2021, 02:19 PM   #70

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
"Be careful this is quite political."
and THAT is the problem.
Science and reality does not play a part. You get tested upon arrival to Canada AFTER you have just shown them a test from the last 72 hours that you are negative, THEN you do quarantine where apparently they now personally visit you and ask for PHOTO ID, then after the 14days you are free again, BUT logic and science would dictate the the test should be at THE END of the quarantine, and NOT a couple of days after you just had a test to get in !
Now if these are the protocols forced upon us by these so called geniuses and experts, we ARE DOOMED
they have no clue what they are doing or WHY
Stop shouting and what I mean by political is that talking politics is a no no on this forum. You're very close to the edge if not over and imagine these posts may very well be removed by mods.

This forum is for discussing Escapes!
Old 03-03-2021, 02:19 PM   #71

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
I call B.S.

You might want to start fact checking that news source.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:27 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Texas has also removed the mask mandate and opened businesses to 100 per cent capacity, which is why 2 out of 3 Canadians want the border closed.
THAT'S the whole point. Either this virus is SERIOUS and worthy of control, OR it is not serious. These piece meal restrictions are doing irreparable damage that will only manifest its self in a few years when these severely damaged children try to survive in the real world.
NOW if it is a serious threat, then a total and absolute shut down of the country for 3 weeks is necessary. Total curfew, shot on sight if you are not a first responder type curfew.
There is no, "well those guys can travel, those folks can't, that is open but next door is not"
With a virus of any significance, it is akin to pregnancy, there is no half way measures
What we have now is a pathetic mockery of science, medicine and society, pretty hard to screw it up so well but they are
Old 03-03-2021, 02:34 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
I call B.S.

You might want to start fact checking that news source.
NBC and NYTimes to name a couple. You may want to look around a little first as well.
Now I know I am being controversial to many, but this is the Emperors New Clothes scenario now.
Either we have a virus and NEED to get serious OR we do NOT have a problem worthy of what the serious actions required to make an impact would require.
These cosmetic measures are similar to a sign I saw at Heathrow on the first flight out after 9/11, NO LIE, the sign said among other now prohibited items
NO BOMBS ALLOWED ON BOARD. I stood in the empty departure hall killing myself laughing
Old 03-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #74

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Spelling bee!!!

Quote:
Hi: Dee Lirious... There is no "F" in way... but I do understand your frustration!!! Maybe the border would reopen if everyone just behaved themselves. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 03-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #75

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
NBC and NYTimes to name a couple. You may want to look around a little first as well.
Fox News article: 108 illegal immigrants released by Border Patrol in Texas test positive for coronavirus, officials say Texas city says it doesn't have authority to prevent migrants who test positive from traveling elsewhere

Okay, fact checks:

According to the articles the illegal aliens are testing positive after they are released by the border patrol. Not testing positive and being released.

According to the articles they are being tested by the City of Brownsville, Texas who claims they have no right to quarantine those who test positive. That is false.

Texas Quarantine & Isolation Law

According to the article 6.3% of the illegal aliens test positive for COVID. The over all positivity rate for Texas is 6.4%.

In Texas, orders for quarantine and isolation can be issued by local health authorities, the Department of State Health Services, and other government entities. Quarantine and isolation orders can be issued for individual people as well as geographic areas.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:51 PM   #76

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Numbers are getting better people in my area are wearing masks and following the rules. So that's a good thing ! In my nursing home no out breaks of flu/or COVID we follow the rules. We are starting to open to visitors, shared dining , group activities following masking and distancing requirements. 85% of my residents are fully vaccinated. I'm hoping to get out and camp this summer. I hope the boarder opens soon !
Old 03-03-2021, 02:52 PM   #77
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Time to close this and cool this thread down. BTW Texas isn't on the border of Canada....
Closed Thread