Vaccines are here! Have you started your series? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2021, 08:29 AM   #41

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Angry No boosters before COVID immuno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
That’s an enlightened view and a good policy in my opinion.
Iowa Dave
Yes,too bad that isn’t the case in our county. 75+ only. Snide comment: That’ll work for a virus that the vaccinated can still contract COVID even if in reduced form.

But here’s a warning for all: Do not get certain other vaccinations a week or two before you are to receive the COVID shot. You will be turned away. As a case in point, my husband had managed to snag an appointment for the mass inoculations here and after standing in the sun on asphalt over an hour (75+ mind you. Bring your walkers and sun hats) was turned away because he had had a pneumonia booster the week before. It is/was not known one should not have boosters close to getting the immuno. Gives you pause, doesn’t it, that medicos don’t know that AND it wasn’t and still isn’t on the registration site?

Keep your masks, folks!

Emjay
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'm scheduled for January 29th, but NY is now getting less than expected doses, so who knows?
Hi: Vermilye... Ontario is getting none for a month so we wait at home again. I do qualify for age and health issues but it don't matter... when they got none!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #43

Trailer: ?
Today was Geezer day at our Kaiser Permanente office.
Wife and I had the first Moderna shot.
We both had appointments. In and out in 10 minutes plus the 15 minute hold time to see if we had any adverse reaction.
Didn’t.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:09 AM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
First in line

Went up to the Benton County courthouse to get in line for a covid shot this morning and thought I’d be the first in line but this guy was camped out in his chair and ahead of me in line.
Attached Thumbnails
3C71C253-7F9E-4ACA-81AE-35F55231FD42.jpg  
Old 01-22-2021, 08:29 AM   #45
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Went up to the Benton County courthouse to get in line for a covid shot this morning and thought I’d be the first in line but this guy was camped out in his chair and ahead of me in line.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, the Bernie memes are ALL OVER Facebook. What a hoot!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:36 AM   #46

Quote:
Hi: Iowa Dave... At least you have shots. He looks "Frozen" in time!!! Alf
Old 01-22-2021, 08:37 AM   #47

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
My wife, Barb, can get a shot Wednesday and I could too as her spouse, but I will be with my dad who is having surgery. So one of us will get the first shot.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #48

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yes you cant get it if you have had another vaccine recently. Have to wait a bit. I got my second and would plan an easy day after you get your second one. Many have some mild flu like symptoms after the second one. Not too bad i just took it easy felt a bit crummy.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 03:39 PM   #49

Inside looking out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
yes you cant get it if you have had another vaccine recently. Have to wait a bit. I got my second and would plan an easy day after you get your second one. Many have some mild flu like symptoms after the second one. Not too bad i just took it easy felt a bit crummy.
Hi: Fox hunt... These days I feel "Crummy" most of the time!!! Alf
Old 01-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #50

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i just got my second shot! i run a skilled nursing center so i got mine with the first wave. about 50% of my employees had minor symptoms with the second dose . Have not heard of any of my residents having symptoms yet. So far we have kept our patients/resident COVID free while all around us its been raging. Once it gets into a LTC center it does a great deal of damage this has been a very tough year .....
Kate! It was so nice to see you at the fall NOG! (Socially distanced and masked of course.) Glad to hear you have kept up the impressive record at your LTC center. Good to know about the second shot. Paula and I are scheduled for our first shot Jan 30th, second Feb 20th. Planning to block out our calendar for Feb 21st to recover is needed.

Cheers!
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 05:49 PM   #51

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yes it was fun seeing you two also!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:32 AM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Texas

My understanding is Texas is vaccinating by county. We are on the list for Dallas county, where our home of residence is, Tarrent county, where we are staying in the RV park and with Baylor, our medical provider. Hopefully one of these will call us the next couple of weeks.

Our plan is to sit tight until 2 weeks after our second shot and then start traveling again. We hope that's by early April. In the meantime we are selling our house to our daughter and son-in-law. So we are busy cleaning out and disposing of a lot of old stuff.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:06 AM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
New Mexico
I got my vaccination date confirmed yesterday. First shot will be Feb 2, 2nd shot Feb 28. It will be a drive through at the VA in ABQ. They currently are not letting anyone inside the building.

My bud Ken got his several days ago and assured me the VA has got it together. When I called their number to set it up the first couple times all I got was a busy signal. Hung up, then re-called a couple hours later, and got a recorded message that my call was important to them and I was number 31 in line. I stayed on line - it went fast. Fifteen minutes later got a human who set me up.

I do wonder if an accelerant, (my age, 77) was a mitigating factor.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:32 AM   #54

Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
New Mexico
I got my vaccination date confirmed yesterday. First shot will be Feb 2, 2nd shot Feb 28. It will be a drive through at the VA in ABQ. They currently are not letting anyone inside the building.

My bud Ken got his several days ago and assured me the VA has got it together. When I called their number to set it up the first couple times all I got was a busy signal. Hung up, then re-called a couple hours later, and got a recorded message that my call was important to them and I was number 31 in line. I stayed on line - it went fast. Fifteen minutes later got a human who set me up.

I do wonder if an accelerant, (my age, 77) was a mitigating factor.
Hi Myson
Got my first vaccine yesterday. I am considered an essential story teller in category xyz. The shot was administered at a hospital associated Health “plaza” in Cedar Rapids. Totally seamless experience. Very friendly and professional. My nurse was about 35 years old. She admitted that I had the best looking 73 year old arm she had seen in a long time. No pain there or since. Second shot on the 23rd of Feb. Rita gets her first one on Friday. My attitude has come up about 100 percent. Best of luck to everyone in scheduling and getting their shot.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
62CE273D-E09D-4938-A14C-0B7704B89B31a.jpg  
Old 01-27-2021, 01:57 PM   #55

Shot put...

Hi: Iowa Dave... Another hunter gets shot!!! Alf
Old 01-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #56

Hi Alf
Did I ever tell you about the time I was chasing two coons through the woods in the dark with a loaded pistol? Close call.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-27-2021, 06:51 PM   #57

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Have some data:

https://beta.healthdata.gov
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:37 PM   #58

Quote:
Hi Alf
Did I ever tell you about the time I was chasing two coons through the woods in the dark with a loaded pistol? Close call.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... I read today on the Ram Diesel forum that FCA has cured Co-vivid. They simply assigned it a part number and no one can get it!!! Alf
Old 01-28-2021, 06:05 PM   #59

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
California just can't seem to get its act together when it comes to the Covid vaccines so we hadn't been pursuing the issue. However, as luck would have it, we were at the right place, at the right time when ten doses at a local clinic were going to expire so they were scrambling so as not to waste them. Thus, we were able to get our first shot of Moderna last night (we do meet the age criteria) and will get the second in three weeks. John has a very sore arm today but I have nothing. Our daughter who is an RT at a local hospital got the Pfizer and had fever, and aches/pains after her second shot, plus some swollen lymph nodes -- all of which they said was within 'normal' range (a number of her coworkers had the same reaction so the hospital is watching and reporting).

I'm just glad we'll have some protection before we set off on our planned camping trips in March and April. Hopeful that production will speed up so that all who need/want it will be vaccinated sooner rather than later.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:17 PM   #60

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
For once it's good to be old! We just got our first Moderna shot this afternoon. Still incredibly lucky to get an appointment, kind of like trying to get a campsite at Arches NP, but we lucked out. Now we should be able to get our second dose at the end of Feb. before we leave on a two month trip in March, we had been sweating that.