Vaccines are here! Have you started your series? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #101
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Got my first Pfiser shot yesterday morning at the VA in ABQ. It was a drive through, set up behind the big building. About 20-30 cars ahead of me when I got there but the line moved very efficiently. I was out of there in about 88 minutes, went straight then to the nearest Twisters drive thru, for a celebratory breakfast Burrito. No side effects from either.
Nice Myron , just got back from vaccine site where my wife received her first shot (Health care Worker ). Well organized and fast. Hoping vaccine production world wide increases for everyone.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:38 PM   #102

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
We signed Nancy up with the NM Dept Health several weeks ago and have been waiting and waiting online for a shot date. Only message they sent was apologies that they were waiting for more of the vaccine.

Then a couple days ago she spoke with the pharmacist at our local WalMart, asking if they had any updated vaccine info because we heard WalMart is a vaccine vendor nationwide now. He said they are getting a shipment but there's a list of signees ahead of her for it.

Since she is in her late seventies he added her to a list of people to call if there's a cancellation. It sounded like a long shot. But, the very next day she got the call to come in and at 2PM she got her first Moderna !! Happy Day.
Old 02-14-2021, 05:20 PM   #103

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
We get our second shot on Feb 24th.
Centura Health our PCP, didn't get us an offer before our Kroger made one. Strange when our grocer is more concerned with our health than our medical staff.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:50 PM   #104

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Now 48+ hours after my Moderna jab #2, maybe a tad bit more sore in the arm than jab #1 but otherwise no aggravated side effects.

I'm just thankful for the opportunity (age-based qualification, local hospital system on-the-ball providing vaccine).

Nope, not gonna change my daily behavior one iota for the foreseeable future (retired living on rural acreage so basically isolating, masking / distancing when I must venture into the world, utilizing all the curbside pickup / delivery for essentials that I possibly can).

I'm pulling for our Neighbors to the North, hopeful that y'all will have all the vaccine you need to actually get it into folks' arms ASAP.

While I understand the current border closing / travel restrictions (appropriate, IMO), for all sorts of both greater-good and selfish reasons I hope we can get beyond that much sooner than later.
Good to hear. My second is Wednesday and hoping for minimal side effects. I changed one thing already- I still take all the precautions but I don't worry as much, especially about my 91 year old mother.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:46 PM   #105

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I just talked to my 91-year-old cousin in Orlando. He and his 90-year-old wife got their second shots a few days ago. He said they had no problems. But a friend of theirs got sick for two days after getting the second shot. I don't know which brand of vaccine they got.

This guy's pretty tough, though-- the last time I saw him, before the pandemic broke out, he was shopping for another motorcycle.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:54 PM   #106

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
But a friend of theirs got sick for two days after getting the second shot.

The problem with anecdotes like this is that we don't know what else he ate or drank or came in contact with that day.
My second shingles shot wasn't a pleasant experience either.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:08 PM   #107

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
....Since she is in her late seventies he added her to a list of people to call if there's a cancellation. It sounded like a long shot. But, the very next day she got the call to come in and at 2PM she got her first Moderna !! Happy Day.
Happy Day indeed, Myron and Nancy! So glad to hear that good news for y'all!
Old 02-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #108

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I just talked to my 91-year-old cousin in Orlando. He and his 90-year-old wife got their second shots a few days ago. He said they had no problems. But a friend of theirs got sick for two days after getting the second shot. I don't know which brand of vaccine they got.

This guy's pretty tough, though-- the last time I saw him, before the pandemic broke out, he was shopping for another motorcycle.
This is not entirely unheard of or a negative signal. If anything, strong reaction to the second dose is expected based upon the trial data. The following article mentions it in the side effect profile section:

https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/02/...hnson-johnson/
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:42 PM   #109

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Our county has had issues with a consistent predictable supply. My friend (78) was scheduled for her first shot Jan 15, then it was postponed to the 29th, moved to the 22nd, postponed to Feb 5, then they used all that week's supply and moved her to feb 9, then announced all they had feb 9 was enough for second doses and scheduled her for March 2. She went up Feb 9 anyway and got her name on a list to call, and they called her later that day to come up and she finally got it. Another friend also moved to March gave up and went to Wenatchee and got his.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 12:58 PM   #110

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Our province has a "Vaccine Queue calculator" It's based by age (and whether you're a health worker, or a "First Nations" person, or a personal home resident), and tells me today I have 112,449 people ahead of me for the vaccine (first shot). Now I checked yesterday too and the number's the same!

We're hoping for April.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:55 PM   #111

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Our county has 15,000 residents. and they typically get 100 doses a week. They have given shots since early January, and second doses are now using that supply too. My wife and I are Phase 3 by definition here. They are working on Phase 2. My wife got her first shot as a teacher, and the second is scheduled for 2/24. She had no ill effects. My parents had covid, and have now had both of their shots. They were extremely sick after the first shot, and my dad had to go inpatient for the first shot’s effects. The second shot made them a little weak for a couple of days, but they were fine. I figure I’m looking at July on the list. My wife and I have had 2 negative covid tests, and negative covid antibody tests as blood donors. It’ll be awhile for all of this.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:20 PM   #112

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
All the best!

We are low on the priority list ourselves. We might reach the 'free for all' stage in April in our state. That's when the gold rush for getting the appointment will begin... We have road trips to pick up the Escape in late May. I'd be nice if we had the vaccines before that.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:06 PM   #113

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Simply a typo. The poster meant 'fare' instead.
Yes I did. Thank you.

And if any of y’all start feeling you need to raise your arms up in front of you as you walk. Please inform the rest of us.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:04 PM   #114

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I was lucky enough to secure a appointment for my first shot March 4th. Took me 4 hours last night on the NYS heath department website. Lots of clicking to get the page to load. I hope we don't have a snow storm that day.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:08 PM   #115

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Well, BC is way behind in vaccinations, but thankfully way behind in other measures as well.
Washington State has 1.5 X the population of BC.
Shipment of vaccines expected here next week. You can see why pressure is on to maintain border closure.
Attached Thumbnails
Covif.jpg  
Old 02-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #116

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I was lucky enough to secure a appointment for my first shot March 4th. Took me 4 hours last night on the NYS heath department website. Lots of clicking to get the page to load. I hope we don't have a snow storm that day.
I got my first shot because my wife Rita was on the right website when someone cancelled their appointment because of an incoming snowstorm. I had no problem getting to town that day. The county road crew that maintains our county blacktop is excellent and the Iowa DOT
personnel on the ten miles into town are as good as I’ve seen anywhere. Just lucky I guess.
My advice, get on several websites with waiting lists. If you get an appointment and a shot call and cancel your name off of the list. I turned down two shot offers after I got mine, They came
within 12 hours of when I got my shot. My next one is next Tuesday.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-15-2021, 09:14 PM   #117

Trailer: 2020 19’ Still Long Gone
I just got my second one today, Moderna. Sally gets her second on Sunday, Pfizer. So far neither of us has had side effects other than a sore arm (me) for a few days. Today they did not even make me stay for 15 minutes post-vaccination since I did not have any issues last time. I know folks who have had pretty considerable discomfort, some of them several decades younger. It seems to be individual reactions that are hard to link to any specific conditions. We’re very happy to be in the lucky crowd on that. It has been tricky for some to get appointments here in Denver, but seems to be slowly resolving. Once we got appointments the process was extremely smooth both for the clinic setting and the arena drive through. Even though our behaviors won’t change re masks, distancing etc it still feels like a weight off our 70 year old shoulders. My basement mask factory has slowed down and we dream of camping when we are over this ungodly cold snap.
outwiththedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:36 PM   #118

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Well, BC is way behind in vaccinations, but thankfully way behind in other measures as well.
Washington State has 1.5 X the population of BC.
Shipment of vaccines expected here next week. You can see why pressure is on to maintain border closure.
Same here Glenn re border. North Dakota has a little more than half our population and here's our stats. MB - 30,766 cases with 871 deaths, ND - 98,643 cases with 1,431 deaths.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:02 PM   #119

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I got my first shot because my wife Rita was on the right website when someone cancelled their appointment because of an incoming snowstorm. I had no problem getting to town that day. The county road crew that maintains our county blacktop is excellent and the Iowa DOT
personnel on the ten miles into town are as good as I’ve seen anywhere. Just lucky I guess.
My advice, get on several websites with waiting lists. If you get an appointment and a shot call and cancel your name off of the list. I turned down two shot offers after I got mine, They came
within 12 hours of when I got my shot. My next one is next Tuesday.
Iowa Dave

Apparently each state has a different way of doing it. In New York All appointments are made on one website.The state determines if you eligible and then lets you proceed to make a appointment.(if there available) a good system but has a flaw of a huge amount of traffic on the web site. they added a virtual waiting list to get into the appointment page . It takes you there with 55 minute clock counting down. The theory is the server will free up and let you proceed in that time frame. I had three of those clocks time out and apparently once they do nothing else happens. I was about to give up and I just happened to get in. prior to this I did get on a waiting list at the county health department. If they had a no show they call you and you had 30 minutes to get there. I guess it possible I get a call from them. The system has some flaws but they have made major improvements over the last few weeks.when I think about whats been accomplished over the last year it is truly amazing .
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:09 PM   #120

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Apparently each state has a different way of doing it.
No question about that, at least to this date.

(referring to the logistics / mechanisms for signing-up for and then getting the shot delivered to the arm; at least each state's relative prioritizing for qualification seems to be fairly uniform to the National CDC guidance)

As of now in TX there's multiple sign-up and to-the-arm delivery mechanisms, some managed by state/local government agencies, some managed by non-governmental entities. The State does seem to have a role in allocating vaccine to each of those different agencies/entities within Texas. All subject to change I suspect.