Vaccines are here! Have you started your series? - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2021, 04:46 AM   #121

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
On January 19 I posted that we had signed up for shots at Cardinal Stadium in Glendale, AZ to be taken on Feb 15 at 2:39 am. We kept waiting for a delay, but just got more info as we neared.

We were camping SE of Tucson, so to be on the safe side we left the campground at 11 pm the 14th. We arrived at Cardinal Stadium at 1:15 am and started through the car line immediately at arrival. By 1:40 we were driving back to Tucson and after a couple of stops for food and gas finally got to bed at 4:30 am.

Aside from driving in the middle of the night, it was easy/peazy. The scene at the stadium was well-organized and went as planned. We have friends in Minnesota that are still waiting to be scheduled. I commend Arizona for providing a system that worked as planned.

Our second shot is scheduled for 10:09 pm on March 7th. At 9-10 in the evening the roads will be easy to drive. We're staying at an RV resort in Apache Junction on the 7th, so the drive will be much shorter.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 02-16-2021, 09:09 AM   #122

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We have always gotten our Covid testing at the stadium and been very well run. Glad to hear ur vaccines went well there. We can’t schedule yet, two months short of 65, but will probably go to the stadium. Was it Pfizer or Moderna?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #123

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We have always gotten our Covid testing at the stadium and been very well run. Glad to hear ur vaccines went well there. We can’t schedule yet, two months short of 65, but will probably go to the stadium. Was it Pfizer or Moderna?
We were given Pfizer. A slight sore arm at the injection spot late yesterday, but it's gone today.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 02-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #124

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We got jab #2 of Pfizer at 6pm at Cardinal stadium in Phnx on Valentine's day. They were giving out carnations as our prize. I went along as a tag along for Gary's Pfizer #1, and was vaccinated. Planned to do the same for #2. AZ dept of Health Services called me a couple days before Gary's 2nd appt and asked when i planned for #2. Told them i hoped to be a tag along again. Was informed tag alongs are no longer being vaccinated. But they made an appointment for me same day and time as Gary's. Was amazed ADHS was so organized, Cardinal stadium was as usual fast and organized.
PS 36 hours later no symptoms, slightly sore arm is back to normal today
Old 02-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #125

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
One day delay on shot #2 (so far). Fingers crossed. This was a snow delay as the vaccines would not have arrived in time. We've seen these delays get extended and extended so I won't feel relieved until it is in my arm.

In the meantime, here's what one Seattle grandma went through to get hers: https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53...ICpYgLFgoyHzkY
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #126

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Today I received a text from my health care provider that my medical records show that I am eligible for the vaccine. So I made an appointment to get it tomorrow.

It appears that my strategic obesity has paid off. I shall celebrate by eating something.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:16 PM   #127

Trailer: 2020 19’ Still Long Gone
Alas I spoke too soon yesterday after receiving my 2nd Moderna shot. I woke up in the night with a headache, and by morning had fairly significant nausea. Chills and fever followed topping out at 101 F. It could be a lot worse and I’m taking ibuprofen (vitamin I we call it) and drinking soda water. Not much fun at all but a darn sight better than covid.
Anyway, I have eaten a few crow feathers with my toast. Good luck to everyone else in both receiving the vaccine and avoiding side effects.
Catherine
outwiththedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 06:59 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
One day delay on shot #2 (so far). Fingers crossed. This was a snow delay as the vaccines would not have arrived in time. We've seen these delays get extended and extended so I won't feel relieved until it is in my arm.

In the meantime, here's what one Seattle grandma went through to get hers: https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53...ICpYgLFgoyHzkY
Now a 5 day delay.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:01 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by outwiththedogs View Post
Alas I spoke too soon yesterday after receiving my 2nd Moderna shot. I woke up in the night with a headache, and by morning had fairly significant nausea. Chills and fever followed topping out at 101 F. It could be a lot worse and I’m taking ibuprofen (vitamin I we call it) and drinking soda water. Not much fun at all but a darn sight better than covid.
Anyway, I have eaten a few crow feathers with my toast. Good luck to everyone else in both receiving the vaccine and avoiding side effects.
Catherine
I hope you feel better soon! I've heard of a few people with significant side effects on the second dose (one on the first) and mostly they don't last too long.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #130

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I got my first shot this morning. It was a very orderly process run by Ascension Sacred Heart of Pensacola, presumably for their patients but I'm not sure of that. The shot made me feel woozy for a while afterward. I got the Moderna vaccine, and I will get the second dose a month from today.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:21 PM   #131

Trailer: 2020 19’ Still Long Gone
My side effects are gone today other than a little fatigue. Bobbie I hope your delays disappear. Loved the story about the 90 year old hiking through the snow. Intrepid!
Catherine
outwiththedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 05:39 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by outwiththedogs View Post
My side effects are gone today other than a little fatigue. Bobbie I hope your delays disappear. Loved the story about the 90 year old hiking through the snow. Intrepid!
Catherine
I sent that to my mom because she keeps complaining we have to drive an hour north to get ours.

So far still on Monday now but we'll know more if the shipment arrives tomorrow or not.
Old 02-19-2021, 02:09 PM   #133

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Received my second shot on Wednesday afternoon.

Received 6 inches of snow Wednesday night. Received orders to shovel snow on Thursday morning. Did a few miles of snow hiking this morning.

Side effects include an urge to eat chocolate covered donuts and take naps. Susannah says these are pre-existing conditions. I say there is a cause and effect here.
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:22 PM   #134

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmalk View Post
Side effects include an urge to eat chocolate covered donuts and take naps. Susannah says these are pre-existing conditions. I say there is a cause and effect here.
I'm having the same effects, and I haven't even been vaccinated yet.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:30 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
I'm having the same effects, and I haven't even been vaccinated yet.
Pre-existing conditions! But ones that should allow you earlier access to vaccines.

Delayed again here until the 26th, now, thanks to winter storms in the rest of the country. I guess I'd rather have a delay than a big snowstorm and power outage! But I may need those chocolate donuts.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:50 PM   #136

and rescheduled to this morning, after about 8 reschedulings, finally got dose 2 of Moderna. So far only a sore arm but planning on possibly not feeling great later. (Though usually I do fine with things like this.)

Setup at the drugstore was a total circus, though. Still have to take Mom Thursday, too.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:20 PM   #137

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
We kept trying to contact a continuous busy signal in GA to schedule our shots but the only time we ever got through was greeted with either "We have run out of vaccine, try again later", or "call back during our normal business hours".
We returned from our FL trip Friday night and it turns out GA set up an online reservation system this weekend for 4 locations. I pre-registered right away, got an email link the next day to schedule our appointment (which I did right away) and although the closest location at the Delta flight museum in Atlanta was already booked, we were able to get appointments for today about 90 minutes from home (appointments were available for yesterday but I decided to give them a day to work out the first day bugs).
Happy to say that our 9:15-9:30 appointment block had us in and out by 9:30. Kudos to the GA Air National Guard for running a smooth operation!
We get our 2nd shots 2 days before St Patricks' day, so if we turn green it will just look like we're celebrating.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:09 PM   #138

that's how it should work...
Old 02-23-2021, 07:08 PM   #139

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Maybe next year.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:31 AM   #140

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
I'm signed up at every hospital, pharmacy and county sites, etc... within 150 miles of St. Louis. Plus my daughter (occupational therapist), nephew (anesthesiologist) and boss's wife (surgeon) keep me updated on any last minute leftover vaccines at the hospitals they work for.

Nothing yet and a little worrisome given that I have cancer and have not left my house for the past 5 months except to meet with my oncologist.

As my mother used to say: "Patience"
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote