Vaccines are here! Have you started your series? - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-01-2021, 01:18 PM   #161

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
I received my first Moderna shot a little over two weeks ago. Second shot scheduled for mid March. Here's to good luck to all those looking for an appointment. Stay safe everyone.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #162

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I have had #1 moderna , second scheduled.

For what it's worth, I was told directly by a friend who is a pharmacist to avoid taking advil or any nsaid for symptom relief if possible, as they inhibit immune response, and immune response is the desired result of the vaccination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
I searched this question and got a different spin

https://www.newsmax.com/health/headl...29/id/1007806/
And of course as is often the case, the "experts" do like to advise without all the facts. Many times the cure is worse than the disease as witnessed by much of the health advice from years past is now defunct (eggs, coffee, dairy, wine, fats, nuts). I will not be taking NSAIDs and I will follow the premise that it is quite likely that it will affect the immune's systems response upon taking them on either side of the vaccination.

[COLOR="Navy"]Although there is no data that indicates a reduce immune response if pain relievers are taken after the shot, says Dr. Colleen Kelley, an infectious disease expert at Emory University School of Medicine.

and then we have this

“The connection between NSAIDs and antibody synthesis is just beginning to be discovered. Given that NSAIDs inhibit Cox activity and Cox-2 is expressed in activated B lymphocytes and is required for optimal antibody production, it is pertinent to predict that NSAID therapy can have repercussions on antibody synthesis. Our preliminary observations (unpublished data) show that human subjects vaccinated with influenza vaccine taking NSAIDs had a decrease in antibody against certain influenza antigens. A full clinical study is required to determine if vaccinated subjects taking NSAIDs, e.g. ibuprofen, at different time points before or after vaccination will show a decrease in antibody synthesis.

https://deepgreenpermaculture.com/20...immune-system/[/QUOTE]
Old 03-01-2021, 03:48 PM   #163

Trailer: 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 4016
Wife is fully vaxed, I get my first on March 4th....cant wait to head out on the road again.
jwcgc629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 07:32 PM   #164

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I have had #1 moderna , second scheduled.

For what it's worth, I was told directly by a friend who is a pharmacist to avoid taking advil or any nsaid for symptom relief if possible, as they inhibit immune response, and immune response is the desired result of the vaccination.
Both my doctor & the pharmacist giving me my first shot suggested stopping my Celebrex (Celecoxib) 5 days before the second shot, and only using Tylenol (Acetaminophen) for pain. No one told me before the first shot, but neither suggested delaying the first.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:53 AM   #165

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Had my second Moderna yesterday. Felt fine until bedtime, then felt like I got hit by a truck. This morning, tired (didn't sleep all that well), but much better & glad it is over.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:14 AM   #166

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Had my second Moderna yesterday. Felt fine until bedtime, then felt like I got hit by a truck. This morning, tired (didn't sleep all that well), but much better & glad it is over.
Hi: Vermilye... My mother always told me "Don't play on the road"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:17 AM   #167

Trailer: 2019 E19
Arizona is beginning to take vaccine reservations for 55-64 year olds. Arizona Department of Health Services. We both received our second dose last Saturday. The E19 is freshly waxed, modifications are finished, it's time to get on the road!
wackyburggeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:48 PM   #168

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
A neighbor mentioned a trick to getting an appt by logging into a local hospitals site who has a clinic giving the shots. Have to check for openings at 16:45, guess that's when they post any cancellations called in. Damned if I didn't get a slot my first try.

Previous to this I checked in with my doc on a different issue, I'm one of the 2 or more medical issues folks, glad I did as he told me I can't do the covid shot for 7 days either side of Dupixent. You'd think someone would call and tell you such things.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:57 PM   #169

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
You'd think someone would call and tell you such things.

Unless you are amidst a pandemic and the medical community is overloaded.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:12 PM   #170

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Even more so when it has to do with the vaccine.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:41 PM   #171

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Not arguing just passing on the fact that in calling and searching for appointments we learned different vaccination sites update the upcoming appointment availabilities at different times of the day and also have varying policies on giving “left over” shots whether it be call ins, a waiting list, stopping by the site at a certain time in person or whatever. My advice, keep trying to learn all you can about the schedules and policies of the various sites. Get on any list when you can and if you luck out, call places where you’re on the list and have them take you off. They will thank you.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #172

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyburggeezer View Post
Arizona is beginning to take vaccine reservations for 55-64 year olds. Arizona Department of Health Services. We both received our second dose last Saturday. The E19 is freshly waxed, modifications are finished, it's time to get on the road!
They released 55,000 appts today at noon for 55-64. I got right on and they were going fast, but got the first one scheduled for Mon 8th. Hopefully more in AZ have heard about this.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:37 PM   #173

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I got my first shot this morning. It was a very orderly process run by Ascension Sacred Heart of Pensacola, presumably for their patients but I'm not sure of that. The shot made me feel woozy for a while afterward. I got the Moderna vaccine, and I will get the second dose a month from today.
Finally registered and getting the Modema on the 8 th for the first . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:37 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
They released 55,000 appts today at noon for 55-64. I got right on and they were going fast, but got the first one scheduled for Mon 8th. Hopefully more in AZ have heard about this.
Hi Greg we are getting our first on the 8 th too ! Pat
Old 03-02-2021, 11:02 PM   #175

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Greg we are getting our first on the 8 th too ! Pat
Excellent, Pat! Been meaning to check in with you n see how ur doing.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:12 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Excellent, Pat! Been meaning to check in with you n see how ur doing.
The youngest (nurse ) convinced us Greg . Got to tell you kind of scared though . We are still surviving . Pat
Old 03-03-2021, 03:16 PM   #177
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
sigh, saw a story this AM on sfgate.com saying that California told Sutter to go ahead and use their reserved 2nd shots for more 1st shots, and the state woudl get them more, only the state doesn't HAVE any more to give them, so some 90,000 2nd shot appointments may get cancelled. that may include mine, grrrrrr.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:43 PM   #178

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
We both got our second Moderna yesterday at King Soopers. We have heard a wide range of stories about the reaction to the second shot, especially the Moderna. We both have slightly sore arms and feel slightly blah today but so far no major issues. The Pharmacist said most of the major reactions he has seen were in younger people. Never though age might be an advantage in this realm.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:25 AM   #179

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Second Pfizer shot

I received my second Pfizer shot yesterday morning. No ill effects, yay!! Michelle gets her second Moderna next week. Hoping for the same result for her.
rog mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:36 AM   #180

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Terry and I received our second shots at Cardinal Stadium, Glendale, Az at 10 pm Sunday. Yesterday at about 3 pm I started feeling sore and achy. By 5 pm I really felt like crap. At 6 pm we went out for a walk and an hour later I felt fine and feel great this morning. Terry had zero problems. Go figure!

Enjoy,

Perry