13.2 gallon black tank too small? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2021, 05:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 21NE 2022
13.2 gallon black tank too small?

Do folks with the 13.2 gallon black tank on the 19 and 21NE find that it's too small for boondocking? I like the layout of the 21NE but I am concerned that the black tank will be two small for 2 or 3 adults.
GTR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21; previously a 2012 Escape 19
We have a 21C and always run out of fresh water and/or fill up the grey tank before we get even close to filling the black tank. Thats with 2 adults. In fact, we have never yet run out of black tank volume. At times, we pour our dish water down the black tank to get another day or two out of the grey tank. We love the layout of our trailer coming from a 19ft Escape.
To answer your question, a 13.2 black tank would be pretty small for boondocking especially if you have more than 2 of you. Fine for a few days.
Old 09-18-2021, 07:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
I had a 19 for 4 years and I had no problem with the size of the black tank. I’m solo but I have gone 14 days before I had to dump. I found the gray tank would fill up before the black so I was careful on how much went into the tank.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
We usually camp 2 adults and 2 young girls (who go overboard on the TP), and we have been out on 5 day trips with no problem. We run out the fresh water tank first, but that is easy to remedy.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:04 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdr2 View Post
We have a 21C and always run out of fresh water and/or fill up the grey tank before we get even close to filling the black tank. Thats with 2 adults. In fact, we have never yet run out of black tank volume. At times, we pour our dish water down the black tank to get another day or two out of the grey tank. We love the layout of our trailer coming from a 19ft Escape.
To answer your question, a 13.2 black tank would be pretty small for boondocking especially if you have more than 2 of you. Fine for a few days.
Same with us. We also now put some dish water into our black tank sometimes. We just boondocked for 5 nights which is about the longest we can so far with out dumping. I usually have to add some fresh water by then, around day 4.
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote