17 B Build Sheet - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2016, 10:08 PM   #41

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Thanks, Marry! I heard back from Tammy today. They've bumped my completion date from Apr 11 to Feb 7! Guess I'm working on my build sheet this weekend! And FYI, Tammy said that payment is due 30 days after the completion date, not at the time of pick-up.
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:24 PM   #42

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Thanks, Marry! I heard back from Tammy today. They've bumped my completion date from Apr 11 to Feb 7! Guess I'm working on my build sheet this weekend! And FYI, Tammy said that payment is due 30 days after the completion date, not at the time of pick-up.
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:46 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:
Same here -- we got moved to Feb 7th as well. This is great news because we wanted to do some skiing in BC since we are driving all that way. Can't wait, but now our build sheet is due in less than 2 weeks
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:39 AM   #44

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Skyfree, I feel your panic!! I might be able to pick up the third week in Feb., but it will really depend on the weather/roads to get it back to Alberta!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:35 AM   #45
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
30 days after the completion date? Not before the completion date? This doesn't really make sense as you could pickup your trailer before you paid for it.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:31 AM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Sounds to me like she is saying payment is do whichever occurs 1st - pickup or 30 days after completion.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #47
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Sounds to me like she is saying payment is do whichever occurs 1st - pickup or 30 days after completion.
Sounds logical as ETI will store your trailer after it's completed as a courtesy, but I'm sure they would expect payment once it's finished and ready for pickup.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #48

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
That is a 19, not a 17B. I pointed out on the 17B that the bath wall obstructs any sight lines. So there is a benefit on your 19, but the OP is asking about a 17B and in my opinion there is no benefit in eliminating it.
Yes dear, I knew that.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Yep. And no chance to mod it so it's quiet and vents well either...[emoji23]
Your modification is especially nice because it also allows you to operate tha damper from inside. For folks that choose an oven, having an operable vent directly above the oven vent is important. I've seen the gasses exiting oven vents to contain 1500 ppm of carbon monoxide at start up. It is common for them to be producing 200 ppm after the oven warms up and is at steady state. Stove top burners produce some CO but not nearly as much as the oven.
Starbrightsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:25 PM   #50

Trailer: 2018 19'
Re: range hood....I decided to eliminate as it is one less hole on the outside, have read that it doesn't work all that well, have added an opening kitchen window & will use that & the max fan when cooking inside. Also, one less thing to bump head on!
Last day before build sheet is due, one more question...
I have ordered the front storage box but do I really need to add the passenger side hatch? Didn't have it on the build then added it, then removed, then added back in. Escape has said that there is nothing under that side of dinette. As a single camper how much storage does one need? Of course there is the ease of access & what is $150 more in the greater scheme of things? Downside, one more hole cut in body.
Thanks for all the pertinent comments on this thread! Sure does help & the pics are great!
Julie
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'd skip the passenger side hatch. It's much easier to access the space under the bench from the inside ( especially stuff that is at the back ). My hatch is located on the front of the trailer so the box would be in the way in any event.
Attached Thumbnails
Exterior hatch.jpg  
Old 10-27-2016, 02:36 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
I have ordered the front storage box but do I really need to add the passenger side hatch? Didn't have it on the build then added it, then removed, then added back in. Escape has said that there is nothing under that side of dinette. As a single camper how much storage does one need? Of course there is the ease of access & what is $150 more in the greater scheme of things? Downside, one more hole cut in body.
Thanks for all the pertinent comments on this thread! Sure does help & the pics are great!
Julie
Julie

It sounds like you feel the same way about extra holes as we do. The less the better. You might have answered your own question.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Re: range hood....I decided to eliminate as it is one less hole on the outside, have read that it doesn't work all that well, have added an opening kitchen window & will use that & the max fan when cooking inside. Also, one less thing to bump head on!

Julie
If you plan to leave the bed set up all the time, the hatch makes it easier to access the under bench storage.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #54

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
I'm also undecided but tending to not have that hatch for a 5.0 TA. It depends on the ease of getting to the storage area from the inside only and how big the stuff you store there will be. Still, on the 5.0 TA there is already a lot of storage which is assessable from the outside.
Without the hatch you will need to move the table and cushions to get to the storage area or get some exercise bending over to get stuff out. My plan is to have a big things in that space and I doubt it will fit thru a hatch.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #55

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
I've eliminated the range hood on my 17B build. One less hole in the trailer and one less thing to bang my head on.

As for the hatch.....does anyone have the dimensions of the storage space under the passenger side back dinette for a 17B?

I am thinking of having the hatch as I looked at that space when I toured the factory and envisioned my 2 burner outdoor Coleman stove being stored there along with any needed propane hookups, small collapsible table, outdoor dish washing tub, etc. Using it for things I commonly need outdoors. Now that I'm back I wish I'd measured it as I can't remember how big it really is.

I'll have the front storage also but will use that for chocks, electrical plug-in, and other things that will lay on the ground and get dirty.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:11 PM   #56
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
I'm also undecided but tending to not have that hatch for a 5.0 TA. It depends on the ease of getting to the storage area from the inside only and how big the stuff you store there will be. ....
I didn't get the hatch on Ten Forward, because I didn't like the way it looked. Hey, I'm visual!

I don't have a table, so access is easy for me from the inside. But, I only keep items in there that I hope I typically won't need. Items like a tool box, torque wrench, fresh water tank filler tube... even a small vacuum cleaner!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:35 PM   #57

Trailer: 2018 19'
So now leaning towards not getting the hatch. Was reading an earlier thread where someone mentioned getting cupboard door on inside of that passenger seat. Seems like a long one would ease access especially if dinette made into bed. Anyone have pics of something like this?
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:44 PM   #58

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Unless things have changed, there is the wardrobe at the end of the passenger side front bench, so you would have to eliminate that ( I wouldn't ).
If you plan to use the front dinette as a permanent bed then I would get a hatch ( on the side of the trailer ). If you are keeping it convertible, it is easier to access that space by removing the cushion and opening the lid. I use plastic boxes with lids inside so I just pull out the box I need. For instance, one box is full of cords and chargers. Another has small parts ( 3M hooks and adhesive pads, etc. ).
Old 10-27-2016, 04:24 PM   #59

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Exciting news, I have been moved up the queue & new 2017 17B will be ready 1st part of January (1 month early). This means build sheet is also due early. Looks like folks share build sheets & invite comments so I will do the same. Thanks to everyone who has answered my previous questions on the process, you guys are terrific. Julie
Build sheet:
Delete range hood & br sink
foot flush toilet
winterizing t valve
ext shower
toilet shut off valve
dual 6v batteries
solar
surge protector
removable power cord
extra insulation & thermal windows
opening kitchen window
exterior access hatch
storage box

Let me know what ya think!
I would recommend one or two additional 12v outlets. I will want one near the head of the bed so I can power my iPhone all night and keep it charged.
Bathroom window? I am pondering not having the exterior shower as I will pay for the bathroom window and can stick the shower hose out of the window if I need it.
The exterior shower is something else to remember to winterize, which I may do several times during the winter. Still, if boon docking, the exterior shower could be very useful for washing dishes, feet, the dog as well as night time showers and the convenience of it may outweigh everything else.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #60

Trailer: 2023 21
I have the hatch checked on my build sheet, since i'm going with the permanent bed.
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote