17' vs. 19' sleeping - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Re: 17' vs. 19' sleeping

Memory foam varies in quality to a huge degree. This site has some useful information about how memory foam is rated and graded. http://www.memoryfoammattress.org/

Eric

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #22

I'm glad to hear that you are not coming across campgrounds that only take small trailers. I was wondering if that was at all common after I saw it somewhere.

Wish we could go to the Escape Rally but I already looked at those dates and don't think we can.

Well, I can check out the memory foam but I see from the website that the only place I will really really need it is when I go into outer space. But maybe I will find some for our more mundane trips.

Those Bigfoots look great. I take it you like your Escape better.

Thank you, Linda, Jim and Eric for the information.
Cathy
Old 10-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #23

Trailer: ?

Has anyone experienced the bed platform sagging on the 19'?
Eugene We is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #24

Trailer: No RV for now.

No sagging on ours. There are some mods that people have done to make sure there isn't any sagging. We plan to beef up the supports at some point; just a minor fix.

Also, the memory foam mattress we purchased from amazon.com for our 19 ft.was a Foamex 8" Eco memory foam mattress, queen size, free shipping, about $330. We are happy with it as it isn't too firm, not too soft. "Just right," as Goldilocks once said!

Linda

Link Here: http://www.amazon.com/Foamex-Eco-Fri...9479118&sr=8-1
Old 10-24-2011, 05:13 AM   #25

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda
No sagging on ours. There are some mods that people have done to make sure there isn't any sagging. We plan to beef up the supports at some point; just a minor fix.

Also, here is the link to the mattress we purchased for our 19ft. We are happy with it as it isn't too firm, not too soft. "Just right," as Goldilocks once said!

Linda
try that link again please.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #26

Trailer: No RV for now.

Fixed the link problem above; use the new link or just search amazon for the mattress info stated in my previous post. Thanks for letting me know that the link didn't work!
Linda
Old 10-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #27

Trailer: 2011 19' Escape

I thought I saw some comments on the forum saying that Escape has gone to a real mattress in the 19, much more accomidating than the prior foam. We have some cheap 3 1/2" foam in home sewn covers on top of the standard pad, and that works terrific.

The 19' isn't much longer than many trucks so it's very unlikely that a camp site can't accomidate it. Being small has advantages. We rode into campgrounds late Friday a couple times this summer and managed to find nice spots each time that were apparently left open because they were too short for the majority of RVers to fit into.
robinwstebbins is offline   Reply With Quote