19 Escape - Kudos to ETI - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2016, 09:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
19 Escape - Kudos to ETI

This summer turned into quite an adventure when we did our usual move from the Phoenix heat up to the cabin at 7000 feet in the White Mountains of AZ. I always bring the trailer up and use the RV pad at the cabin for a spare bedroom/apt for guests etc. This was the first summer for the new Escape 19 to come to the White Mountains.
Little did we know that we'd end up using the trailer to evacuate our family from the Cedar Creek fire and move 60 miles to the east for a few days before returning.
In addition, I moved outside to the Escape after the family returned to Phoenix in mid July and I remained working on a new project until mid August. I pretty much lived full-time in the Escape for a month and did any cooking, showering, etc in the trailer even though the cabin was close by.
Whether it was in the emergency evacuation week or the month of full-time living the Escape performed flawlessly and we had 0 issues with any of the systems or functionality of the trailer. It was easy and comfortable to live in and operate from the trailer. I loved the trailer when we ordered, while it was in concept and being built. The 19 Escape was even better after picking it up and camping early on. Now after all the events of this past summer of being an emergency evacuation pod to a full-time residence, it's an even better unit than I could have hoped for.
Thanks, Reace n Tammy and all of ETI for building and delivering such an awesome trailer for our family and my wife and I in our eventual retirement. You guys truly rock!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
On your side Greg A. Happy 19 campers here also. Good to read a positive note once and awhile. (Glad you survived this for you eventful summer)
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
Makes me feel good about the Escape 19' we have on order. Glad to hear that you are very satisfied with your trailer and have had no issues.
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Awesome story! I'm looking forward to a good quality built trailer that will last many years.
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 AM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Little did we know that we'd end up using the trailer to evacuate our family from the Cedar Creek fire and move 60 miles to the east for a few days before returning.
A true Escape pod Greg. Glad you and the family were safe. We mostly think of these trailers for use in the traditional camping sense, but they can be used for so much more. Just last night my parents put the trailer at Campus Park & Ride in the middle of Philadelphia. This is to be close to my new nephew born Friday who is dealing with some complications and needs surgery at Children's Hospital. Gated lot, restrooms/showers, electric and water hook-up, dump station and even 24 hr shuttle service to the hospitals. You certainly aren't there for the scenery, but $30 per night beats what you'd pay for a hotel room in the city.

Campus Park and Ride | RV Customers
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That looks like a great place to stay for touring the city of brotherly love, thanks for the link.