19' Escape with 2 dinettes. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2020, 07:35 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
19' Escape with 2 dinettes.

Does anyone have an Escape 19 with 2 dinettes instead of the bed? I'm considering doing that with mine. Any help or advice is appreciated.
SilverSlim61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Paul: See this thread. There are three owners that replied that went with the rear dinette. I would suggest sending them a PM to find out more. It’s a pretty rare choice considering one of the main attractions of the 19 for most owners is the permanent queen bed. Anyone coming from a Scamp or Casita knows that changing the bed/dinette back and forth gets old fast. If you have a topper on the cushions you need a place to store it. The stock cushions are no where near as comfortable as an 8” coil spring mattress.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post198304
Old 09-26-2020, 08:18 AM   #3

Thank you for the link.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:53 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
SilverSlim - I have a twin dinette 21NE. I got it that way with the idea of turning the front dinette into a permanent bed. The advantages of that configuration, in my mind, are that:
  • there is more open space on the side, making it easier to get in & out
  • it gives a huge dinette area in the back, where there is usually a better view in the places I camp
  • the open space under the front bed will have no doors - it will be open, making access easier.
Of course, my trailer is on the delivery truck now, so I haven't even seen it, much less used it, and the permanent bed conversion is well in the future. I want to see how it works for me as delivered first.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Don't have one and haven't seen one but I do see the advantage of being able to choose which end to make into a bed. You could still leave one up as a permanent bed but it would be your choice which one and if you sold the trailer your choice wouldn't affect the next owner's preference.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #6

Thanks, that's what I was thinking as well.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:53 AM   #7

Trailer: 2021 21NE (due 4/20/21)
I'm going to convert the queen to either a u-shaped or bench dinette; I will use the front dinette as a bed which will be set up as such (no back and forth set up). I plan to get the cot as well for extra sleeping space when family joins me. Love the idea of flexibility and having a dinette set up in the rear. I haven't decided on the 19 or 21NE yet but I am strongly leaning towards the 19.
cedar688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:29 AM   #8

Trailer: 2021 21C - March Delivery
Dual dinettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlim61 View Post
Does anyone have an Escape 19 with 2 dinettes instead of the bed? I'm considering doing that with mine. Any help or advice is appreciated.
I am considering this as well. Have you found any images of this set up?
AmyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 21NE (due 4/20/21)
are you on the Escape travel trailer Facebook page? I asked this question there and several people posted pictures of their dinettes They had put in instead of the queen size bed.
cedar688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #10

Facebook group

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar688 View Post
are you on the Escape travel trailer Facebook page? I asked this question there and several people posted pictures of their dinettes They had put in instead of the queen size bed.
I am! Can you give me a link the the post? Thanks in advance! <EDIT: Found it!>
Old 09-27-2020, 06:34 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
Quote:
Does anyone have an Escape 19 with 2 dinettes instead of the bed?
We're on our 3rd Escape and decided this customized latest edition, with 2 dinettes, was the best layout for us. Didn't like the amount of floor space the queen bed took up in the 19' when we moved to our first 19'.

Aft dinette is converted to a bed using the Snap 2 Table Base, below. Takes 2.5 minutes to switch. The forward dinette is left as a bed unless we need it for guests, with the aft bedding folded on top. Works very well for us.

https://www.amazon.com/ToughGrade-SN...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1367.jpg   IMG_1485.JPG   IMG_1478a.JPG  

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:30 PM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (June 2020..hopefully)
Quote:
I just picked up my Escape 19 in Aug. I opted for the 2 dinettes for flexibility. I also had them make a cushion for in-between the benches and a back cushion so I have a lounge area. I had planned on using the front dinette as a bed, but just started sleeping across the back dinette. I store the bedding underneath since I didn’t pay for a u-shaped dinette. Again, I wanted the flexibility and didn’t want to loose the floor space.

It’s paying off since I have a new puppy! He sleeps under the cushion between the benches and his kennel is in the first dinette. If needed, I could always choose to put in a full bed. I love all the options.
Attached Thumbnails
613432C3-33BF-4782-B273-1F6528BE04AF.jpeg   0577A849-B60A-44BD-992E-2B4D710C69E8a.jpeg   A7DF6210-9C98-4EF0-92B9-1423D3942638a.jpeg  
Allswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 04:51 PM   #13

love your ingenuity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allswell View Post
I just picked up my Escape 19 in Aug. I opted for the 2 dinettes for flexibility. I also had them make a cushion for in-between the benches and a back cushion so I have a lounge area. I had planned on using the front dinette as a bed, but just started sleeping across the back dinette. I store the bedding underneath since I didn’t pay for a u-shaped dinette. Again, I wanted the flexibility and didn’t want to loose the floor space.

It’s paying off since I have a new puppy! He sleeps under the cushion between the benches and his kennel is in the first dinette. If needed, I could always choose to put in a full bed. I love all the options.

Very clever planning! Thanks so much for sharing! And adorable pooch!

Did you reinforce the walls for the flip up shelves?
Old 09-28-2020, 04:58 PM   #14

That's very nice. No table for the U dinette? Also does the center cushion not come with the U shaped dinette? Thanks
Old 09-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
I have a reverse 19, dinette in the back. Usually, that dinette is set up as a bed as we like to cook and eat outdoors. The configuration perfectly meets our needs. It's not a big deal to wrap up the egg padding bedding and move it to the twin bed in the front. Conversion takes less than 5 minutes. I'm a bit miffed at folks who don't do the conversion claim it's a chore that will become tiresome. How would they know?
Everyone uses their trailer differently. The beauty of Escapes is that they lend themselves perfectly to that end.
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyT View Post
Very clever planning! Thanks so much for sharing! And adorable pooch!

Did you reinforce the walls for the flip up shelves?
If you want a flip table on the passenger side, you have to have the wall reinforced. The drivers side flip table at the back dinette does not need a reinforced wall but I wish I did that one. The 'wall' space is deeper and more useful (although I didn't want to keep adding weight and expense). I was going to put a wall TV mount but found a different solution for my 24" TV
Attached Thumbnails
TV mount.jpg  
Old 09-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #17

Quote:
That's very nice. No table for the U dinette? Also does the center cushion not come with the U shaped dinette? Thanks
I just got a standard dinette and paid for extra cushions. In the u-shaped dinette, you loose floor space. On this forum I saw that some people didn't like the very large cushions for the bench and back. Again, I opted for flexibility.

I plan on installing a Lagun table mount (was not offered during my build). I just haven't gotten around to it. : )
Old 09-28-2020, 05:53 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allswell View Post
If you want a flip table on the passenger side, you have to have the wall reinforced. The drivers side flip table at the back dinette does not need a reinforced wall but I wish I did that one. The 'wall' space is deeper and more useful (although I didn't want to keep adding weight and expense). I was going to put a wall TV mount but found a different solution for my 24" TV
You do not have to pay extra $$ to have the walls reinforced for the flip up tables, any where in the Escape.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You do not have to pay extra $$ to have the walls reinforced for the flip up tables, any where in the Escape.
Maybe this has recently changed? I was told I would have to pay for reinforcement to get the rear passenger side extension. This sheet mentions that the wall has to be reinforced and I was charged $80 in addition to the $68 for that extension. I actually opted for all 3 additional extensions.

Originally I was not going to get this extension (#3 on the sheet here) so I used white out on the sheet. That's why you can't see the #3 red arrow. : )
Attached Thumbnails
Optional ext locations.jpg  
Old 09-29-2020, 07:01 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sometimes you need to ask your question with another person in Chilliwack, but with 4 Escapes and plenty of additional flip up tables, never an upcharge for reinforcing....... I believe they may add reinforcement where you want the bracket but it is just an extra piece of wood scrap behind the paneling, which sometimes drops and disappear if you ever remove the screws........
On edit, I see your footnote and would question it with Escape, reinforcing an entire wall for 2 screws is wasteful when a scrap during assembly would suffice.