2023 Pricing - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2022, 04:12 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 5.0
I have been handing out rent increases on rental homes, not everyone agrees with it.
At the same time I am also letting them know next year it will almost certainly be even more. Property taxes, insurance will definitely be increasing, also not forgotten the utilities are taking big price jumps.
Some on here have been building nice shelters for their campers, try doing that where I and many others live and you will introduce yourself to government regulations that make for many fun roadblocks and cost with permits, don’t dig that hole without a note Luke…

So yes I do understand how Escape is leaving the door open to price increases further down the line. With the waiting period going on for quite some time it’s too much for them to predict future cost and lock a price in for two years in advance, especially after what’s been going on with the economy lately.

When I go to buy materials and pay labor to maintain the home they live in, every cost has increased, the same as it has for everyone else.
I eventually pass those cost down the line, the same as it’s always been, the difference now is the increases have been greatly accelerated.
I’m sure Escape is making a profit, as also am I-its business not a social program, complete with the buyers choice to go elsewhere. That’s only part of the risk I take on the daily.

With everything bad comes opportunity, but you must prepare yourself to be able to make a move, like quick, a can do attitude also helps. When covid first shut things down I picked up some great deals on homes. The gas cost along with all the rest will result in more used campers for sale.

There was a complete setup being offered by AZ Jack recently, it was a very good deal.
I was surprised it lasted a day.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:24 PM   #22

Trailer: ‘Tranquility Base’. 2023 5.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
For RVs in general I am not so sure about the market being "very hot for sellers." The smaller number of used Escapes helps their sellers' market stay better than the RV market in general, but the latter seems to have cooled quite noticeably. RV dealer lots look well stocked (as in, crowded) lately.
It depends.....

This is the alternative I was looking at to an Escape. The NASH 17K. Got a friend who brought a 2018 model in 2019, for $32,000.

Well you can see the current price....$59,000 CAD.

https://www.travelandrvcanada.com/20...iler-HeOk.html
BritCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:58 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritCanuck View Post
It depends.....

This is the alternative I was looking at to an Escape. The NASH 17K. Got a friend who brought a 2018 model in 2019, for $32,000.

Well you can see the current price....$59,000 CAD.

https://www.travelandrvcanada.com/20...iler-HeOk.html
We could have gotten a new sticky, like a No Boundaries 19, for maybe $10k less than we paid for our three-year-old 2019 21C last spring. But I wanted two beds and molded fiberglass, and that meant Escapes. The price was probably not far from list for a new Escape 21C, but the wait for new ones was almost two years. I knew that ETI's price in you-know-whose economy was going up and up, ETI's shipping to the East Coast was already $5k, and all of the used ones I saw were 2-3k miles away. This one was 'only' 900 miles, and I had gotten to know the seller by email and phone, and he went the extra mile to make sure we had what we needed.

I see more 'pre-owned' Escapes advertised on ETI's site (and here as well) than back last winter, so I do think the market for used ones is easing up a little (especially if you live west of the Mississippi). Escape owners take good care of their trailers, and they don't leak. So if current and anticipated price rises are driving you out of the order queue, don't despair—start watching the ads.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM   #24

Trailer: N/A
Well that’s it for us, not going to buy an Escape. The prices are getting up towards Airstream, and Escape ‘ain’t an Airstream. Add a few options and for the same price you can get a AS Basecamp.

Sure inflation blah blah blah … trailers are about the most extraneous nonessential you can buy. The world economy is already in a recession and it’ll probably turn into a whale of one next year, good luck holding those prices and keeping the doors open.

RVIA August Report Shows 36% Drop in Monthly Shipments

Is this the best time to place a reservation? Escape raising prices (and a reservation guarantees nothing) and the industry will be going through a huge drop - everybody is expecting it after the Pandemic Panic Purchasing
EscapingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapingDan View Post
Well that’s it for us, not going to buy an Escape. The prices are getting up towards Airstream, and Escape ‘ain’t an Airstream. Add a few options and for the same price you can get a AS Basecamp.

Sure inflation blah blah blah … trailers are about the most extraneous nonessential you can buy. The world economy is already in a recession and it’ll probably turn into a whale of one next year, good luck holding those prices and keeping the doors open.

RVIA August Report Shows 36% Drop in Monthly Shipments

Is this the best time to place a reservation? Escape raising prices (and a reservation guarantees nothing) and the industry will be going through a huge drop - everybody is expecting it after the Pandemic Panic Purchasing
An Airstream Basecamp? Even an Escape 17 has more room. And not made by Thor, either.

No doubt the recession will mean a drop in RV sales, but this is more like '70s stagflation, so prices will continue escalating. I'd say, get while the gettin' is good, as your 401k will be shrinking like a worm on a hot sidewalk.

No politics here, so I won't tell you how we get out of all this.
Old 09-29-2022, 12:06 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
My new Bigfoot soon to be delivered went up by 4000 from order placement one year ago, I was expecting 6 to 7. I budgeted for it. My only regrets was not hanging on to my 21c a little longer, I could have gotten much more for it. My buyers got a real deal .
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:48 PM   #27

Trailer: ESCAPE #3 COMING - 19 FT
Wow, i wud have to pay almost$58,000 cdn for a 17b. I think its time to cancel order. Go to any rv dealer and lots of trailers are huge discounting, business is in the tank. I think escape is putting their business on the line.

I wonder how many others r considering cancelling or just not placing an order. Lets try and find out, maybe escape will take note and modify their pricing.

Ken
ESCAPE #3, 19FT ON ORDER
TV - NOT YET, THINKING RIDGELINE OR F150
KEN AND DIANA, CALGARY
kvermeulen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:55 PM   #28

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
My new Bigfoot soon to be delivered went up by 4000 from order placement one year ago, I was expecting 6 to 7. I budgeted for it. My only regrets was not hanging on to my 21c a little longer, I could have gotten much more for it. My buyers got a real deal .
I guess I don’t have the business mentality that so many do, but those folks have a nice trailer at a nice price, and what goes around will come around. Stupid of me some will no doubt say, but I have given or sold some valuable treasures away to friends and others without trying to “get as much as I can.” Sadly, generosity and kindness seem to be an endangered species these days.

I’ve also been leaning more to BigFoot. I just wish they did a small 5th Wheel. I think you get a lot more value and quality for your money based on so many issues with newer escapes the last couple of years…
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 02:04 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 Scamp
We have a deposit placed for Escape 19. Our delivery date is June 2023 We went to Chiliwack last month to take a look at the options available for our Escape. We live in Illinois. One month ago I wouldn't have thought I'd be considering cancelling the order because of a price increase. If we still get the trailer it will be with reduced options. Considering other manufacturers now.
Larry K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:20 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 19
Larry,

What others are you considering?
Iowa Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:21 PM   #31

Trailer: N/A
We got priced out of the Escape Dream, so we cancelled our order for the Oct. ‘23 19’. Also, people like “Mr. I-Won’t-Tell-You” add a sour taste to the forum.
Kfzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:44 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Scamp
We are going to take a look at Oliver and Airstream. I currently have a Scamp 16 that we bought new in 2018. The Scamp has been a great trailer and we might just keep the Scamp. The main reason we were going to switch to the Escape was the queen size bed and a little more overall space. The Escape 19 will now be more than double the price we paid for the Scamp.
Larry K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #33

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfzim View Post
We got priced out of the Escape Dream, so we cancelled our order for the Oct. ‘23 19’. Also, people like “Mr. I-Won’t-Tell-You” add a sour taste to the forum.
Sorry about your dream but don't leave. The moderators here do a pretty good job keeping politics/BS off this forum.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:16 PM   #34

We considered the small Oliver but the sleeping area is not very long and a challenge if you are taller. Also ceiling height is lower. Oliver states they are thinking of a redesign but no ETA.
Old 09-29-2022, 04:49 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
My earlier comment didn't address whether it's right or proper or ethical to raise prices so dramatically. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. I have no insight on the business at Escape and I don't see their books.

It only addressed the fact that many are now priced out of a new Escape. What used to be moderately priced is now high end. And there are many cheaper ways to stay high and dry.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Had opted for around $2k total for add-on options on my build list and my only private grudge was the high price for the insulated walls package. I think it was high because it included double pane slider windows, but I forget.

When I bought my Escape 19 back in 2013 I thought charging $700 for a tongue box was insane. Built my own. Today they want $1,175 for the same plastic tongue box. Now they want $!,135 for 190Watt roof solar, plus $255 for pre-wire. A few years ago I put one up there myself, for oh, think it came to $200 for the panel plus maybe $110 for wire, installation parts. Also saved several hundred dollars by installing the air conditioner in my backyard (with Charlie's help.)

So when I see the current trend in price all I can say is, Wow.
Attached Thumbnails
AC01.jpg   tonguebox.jpg  
Old 09-29-2022, 05:40 PM   #37

They raised the AC options by $300 this last increase. Hard to understand when the cost hasn’t increased on websites such as camping world. Yes there is inflation but I think they are just trying to increase their margins because they can. I totally understand economics. Perhaps they will have sales if demand declines.
Old 09-29-2022, 06:02 PM   #38

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Here's my bellybutton on this.

If the incoming deposit rate continues to be strong and costs are increasing I think they ultimately judge price increases by how much a used Escape is selling for on their site.

How much do you think I could sell my new $42,000+/- 21C ,that I am picking up next month, to someone who knows another price increase is probably coming before a new deposit will be completed (right now it's already up to $51,000+/-) multiplied by the "I've got too much money and I want it now" factor?

Would someone be willing to pay $60K+++ now?

Bellybuttons - Everybody has one.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:13 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
While it is no doubt frustrating the cost increase of Escape trailers, has anyone checked into other brands new prices. I have a friend that was looking and blown away that anything decent was on a really long wait list and the price continues to go up regularly.

I think this is not just an industry problem, but the cost of so many things has really skyrocketed. My insulation contractors are paying twice for the spray foam product they did 5 years ago. My drywallers are paying near twice for product they did 5 years ago and delivery costs have gone from being included to pretty high numbers. Just saying that Escape is not the only company affected.

I am getting quite frustrated with the cost of many things. Prices continue to go up as my investments go down. Not fun, but hey, I will still enjoy my life.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 06:31 PM   #40

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
The next time a patient complains about wait times for getting their call light answered, their pain med administered, gets moved to a higher level of care because something was missed by the nurse that now has twice as many patients and expected to be housekeeper, transporter, and all around gopher, , diagnostic tests get delayed or cancelled, I guess we can blame it on supply chain issues. While hospital systems continue to cry poor mouth and refuse to employ staff RN’s at a reasonable rate, refuse to get temporary help from travel nurses because the “hospital doesn’t have enough money,” CEO’s made over 10 million in 2021, the height of the pandemic. Who’s zooming who..?
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote