2023 Pricing - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2022, 08:44 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
7 million dollars a year for a college football coach? I hear you. football is not life, it’s luxury.
Pick up worms off the driveway in the spring, keep them in an old mail keg with wet leaves, go fishing. That’s my idea of recreation and reasonable costs. I recently caught a pretty nice catfish on a 55 year old fish pole with a 45 year old reel to crank him in. Worked well. And reminded me to always maintain and clean my equipment. It’s a different world than us older folks were raised in but as they say, it is what it is. Came in with nothing, it’s ok if I go out the same way. Just not soon.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-29-2022, 08:50 PM   #42

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Top paid public employee in a majority of states is a football coach. America is a non-serious country.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:38 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
I guess I don’t have the business mentality that so many do, but those folks have a nice trailer at a nice price, and what goes around will come around. Stupid of me some will no doubt say, but I have given or sold some valuable treasures away to friends and others without trying to “get as much as I can.” Sadly, generosity and kindness seem to be an endangered species these days.

I’ve also been leaning more to BigFoot. I just wish they did a small 5th Wheel. I think you get a lot more value and quality for your money based on so many issues with newer escapes the last couple of years…
I sold the trailer to these nice people for a very nice price, after we agreed on the sale I got offers of 5000 more than the agreed upon price. I kept my word and sold it for that price. I’m not too mercenary obviously. But it would have been nice to have gotten a bit more for the price increase I’m absorbing. I don’t regret the sale, however.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 07:02 AM   #44

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. We have purchased two Escapes ( both from the same owner) and have been totally satisfied with both of them. There used to be an add on a local radio station I listened to. Their slogan was: “Why buy new when used will do?”. Even if you don’t buy new, there’s excellent condition and well optioned Escapes for sale in a regular basis. I’m sure you know this, just encouraging you to consider that path.
Iowa Dave
Would agree 100%, we love our 2014 21C that we've had now for about 4 years.

Hi Dave, Hope all is good with you.

Enjoy the road and stay safe,

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 08:44 AM   #45
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
I sold the trailer to these nice people for a very nice price, after we agreed on the sale I got offers of 5000 more than the agreed upon price. I kept my word and sold it for that price. I’m not too mercenary obviously. But it would have been nice to have gotten a bit more for the price increase I’m absorbing. I don’t regret the sale, however.
We sold our 2013 Casita last Spring for a good deal more than we paid for it in 2016, even considering maybe 18% inflation over the six years. It was right about the going price, and the buyer was happy to get it. That took care of half the cost of our 2019 E21C, so I figured it was a reasonable price to upgrade.

Obviously, if you aren't replacing a vehicle you can't make such a calculation. But value is relative. When we bought our used Casita, we paid $16,000, which could have gotten us a new R-Pod or similar small sticky. We looked at a different sticky that had sat on a dealer's lot for a year. He wanted only $12,000. But it smelled moldy. I asked about leaks. "They all leak," he said.

Well, our Casita didn't leak, and I don't expect our Escape will either. But molded fiberglass trailers are a luxury. My son just bought a KZ hybrid with three pop-out bedroom tents. It was half the price of an Escape, but it sleeps all nine of them, and is light enough to tow with his Ford Transit. If he treats the roof, maybe it won't leak.

We all make our own calculations, often driven by factors out of our control. I really doubt that ETI wants to price themselves out of the 'middle' of the molded-fiberglass trailer market. They have to assume that current high demand will slack. But they also have to look at the skyrocketing costs of energy and materials, and consequent labor increases. If they can't make a profit, they won't survive.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:04 PM   #46

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
We placed our deposit in September, 2021 for an Escape 19. Our original completion date was April 2023, but after the "surprise" mid-year price increase in 2022, I opted in to the early delivery queue, which ultimately moved our completion date to January 30, 2023. This worked out well, as we signed off on our build sheet less than two weeks before the latest price increase, saving us nearly $7000! The timing even got us the newer and better solar components, a significant part of our build. We are very happy to have avoided the additional increase, of course, but I fully understood what we were signing up for nearly two years earlier. Based on information provided by ETI, I expected to pay 10% over the initial quote, and that was almost exactly right. Because I considered this in advance, I structured my finances to accommodate it back in 2021 when we placed our deposit. Am I happy to be paying 10% more than the first price I saw? Not at all. But I fully expected that to be the case, and determined the value proposition and required financial structure BEFORE I placed a deposit. Just prior to signing off on my build sheet, I took another look at Casita, Oliver, Bigfoot and Scamp. The Escape 19 still provided the best value and configuration for what we wanted, so we went forward with the deal. Only you can figure out your own value proposition, but ETI provides the information you need to do so. It's most accurate (and comforting) if you evaluate the entire acquisition cycle, and anticipate rather than react to individual events during the cycle. Overall, we are happy with the deal and with ETI's transparency from deposit to confirmation. Now ask me how happy I am with my foresight and planning around the Kia Telluride X-Line I want for a tow vehicle, which I planned to finance back when rates were being offered at 1.9%. That interest rate is gone with the wind, and I'm not even sure I can get one delivered in time for a February/March pickup!
Arzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 03:36 PM   #47

Trailer: 2022 Lynne's Escape19 TV GMC 1500 4x4 Diesel/
Talking Cost increases

I picked up my 19 about 60 days ago. They had had a price increase prior to me signing the build sheet. So I wound up decreasing by dropping options of about $1200. Am I happy with my purchase yes. Do I understand the business decisions being made by escape, yes. The management team answers to corporate and corporate wants a return on investment at a rate that they feel will match the requirements that the investors are expecting. yes people are being priced out of the RV market because of the increases. The best example shall I say corporate greed I went to my local supermarket and they had on sale Libby 15 ounce pumpkin for single pie, their great sale price was $4.78 a can. I remembered that Trader Joe's also sells single can 15 ounce pumpkin pie. There price a $1.99 a can.
Craiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:33 AM   #48

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Just received an email from Escape.

Wow! $42,195 for a base 21C.
US or Canadian $
bailiej757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:46 AM   #49

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Libby’s pumpkin 15 oz, $2.79 per can (US) at our local Target store today. That’s considerably more than it has been in past years. However, there is a ton of gouging going on in many areas of our economy.. I’m into gardening and though it takes time, my costs are negligible for the yield. With the solar array, my electric to run the freezer is covered and it’s full. My water is community well 400 feet into a deep aquifer. My HOA dues pump the water. Country boy can survive.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-05-2022, 10:52 AM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailiej757 View Post
US or Canadian $
That's US$.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:25 AM   #51

Trailer: 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wig View Post
Hi All,
That’s certainly a punch to the gut. We placed a deposit on a 21C in early August 2021. There have been two price increases between 8/21 and 7/22 when we signed our build sheet. I told my wife we would not deal with a third increase and luckily we won’t have to. We had discussed going in a different direction but decided to stick with Escape as it has been a dream of ours for awhile. We sold our 2014 Casita Spirit Deluxe in June for more than we paid for it (a testament to how FG trailers hold their value) and wouldn’t have been able to swing the Escape without that happening. I understand what’s going on with the economy but it’s unfortunate when people like Mike G. get priced out of the market.
wow you ordered your trailer after I ordered mine by a couple of months,,and you're already signing your build sheet ? I thought you sign your build sheet when you have a completion date coming within a few months am I missing something because I'm not expected to see my trailer for another year ,,huh does it matter if you order a different model yours a 21c mine of 5.0 thanks in advance
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:34 AM   #52

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
I would expect a fully equipped 23 to be near 70,000, in Bigfoot territory
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #53

Trailer: 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapingDan View Post
Well that’s it for us, not going to buy an Escape. The prices are getting up towards Airstream, and Escape ‘ain’t an Airstream. Add a few options and for the same price you can get a AS Basecamp.

Sure inflation blah blah blah … trailers are about the most extraneous nonessential you can buy. The world economy is already in a recession and it’ll probably turn into a whale of one next year, good luck holding those prices and keeping the doors open.

RVIA August Report Shows 36% Drop in Monthly Shipments

Is this the best time to place a reservation? Escape raising prices (and a reservation guarantees nothing) and the industry will be going through a huge drop - everybody is expecting it after the Pandemic Panic Purchasing
well I can tell you from experience a reservation means you need to make a $2,000 deposit just to get in line ,,Check cashed the day they got it ,and I'm a year-and-a-half out,, what's that about,, and Im on the 2nd price increase..
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 02:06 PM   #54

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
Increases are incredible______glad we got our 5.0 “Faux Chateau” in 2018, they have increased 50% since.
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 02:49 PM   #55

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19 (TV: 2007 Chevy Tahoe)
Maybe ETI production slots are a better investment than the economy? I suppose one would get a better return on investment if they bought production slots, and then sold them upon signing the final build sheets, never having to take ownership of the trailer in the first place. Almost wish I had the disposable income to give it a try.
Gary
pkgman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 03:33 PM   #56

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I remember when there was a 1-2 year backlog of Harley Davidson production slots and people were selling there place in line for a good sum of money.......
Old 10-05-2022, 03:49 PM   #57

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Aside from the arrangements with people who have committed to a purchase without a fixed price (which is a strange subject of its own), it certainly is right and proper and ethical to price any product in any way that the manufacturer desires. This a free enterprise situation, not a regulated business.

As customers, we don't see the internal finances of any manufacturer, and we are not entitled to. While many people (not specifically in this discussion) like to make statements about what the price of various products "should" be, their opinions are worthless nonsense without factual basis. This is very different from a regulated business (such as many utilities in many areas), in which a company may need to provide justification to a regulator for their pricing, usually because they have a monopoly.

If ETI sets prices too high for the market, they'll lose sales; that's a risk they can choose to take. It may be a business mistake, and it can certainly be disappointing and frustrating, but it's not "wrong", "improper", or "unethical".
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:07 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkgman51 View Post
Maybe ETI production slots are a better investment than the economy? I suppose one would get a better return on investment if they bought production slots, and then sold them upon signing the final build sheets, never having to take ownership of the trailer in the first place. Almost wish I had the disposable income to give it a try.
Gary
I seem to remember someone this year suggesting that ETI would not countenance trading production slots, perhaps on ethical grounds (letting someone 'cut in line'), and perhaps on practical grounds (losing control of your scheduling). I don't think I would, if I were in their shoes.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:07 PM   #59

Trailer: 2016/ 5TA Spirit Bear
Pricing Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Just received an email from Escape.

Wow! $42,195 for a base 21C.
Picked up our slightly used 2016 5 TA about 5 years ago. Well equipped and hardly used. Bought it sight unseen because the demand was so strong at the time. It came available just prior to our putting the order in on a new one.

Just priced out a build sheet using essentially the same options as are on our trailer. Result: It would cost us today just slightly shy of double what we paid 5 years ago.
Mark James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:22 PM   #60

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark James View Post
Just priced out a build sheet using essentially the same options as are on our trailer. Result: It would cost us today just slightly shy of double what we paid 5 years ago.
To me that is just a ridiculous increase in such a short amount of time that cannot be justified despite supposed cost increases to produce. I just priced out an equivalent to our trailer including mods and it was $55K. Really?! ETI will no doubt be losing customers as they price themselves out of the middle of the molded fiberglass market. My bet is quite a few are no longer going to see the value and will drop back to Scamp/Casita or just opt for Oliver/Bigfoot instead if they want to spend that much.