21' Build Sheet Complete - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-25-2015, 07:47 AM   #21

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Foot flush; "you'll be glad you deid"
I know Rossue, We debated that one. We had one on our old (1975) airstream, but mostly used the hand flush. I let Debbie make the call on this one.........

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Looks good, Steve. Sounds like you knew what you wanted and got a great opportunity to get it earlier. Congrats. Are you picking it up right away when ready?
Thanks Greg! Yes! We are picking it up, and have already arranged the Orientation with Barb for 4/13/16 at 11:00 am. We have an appt. that morning at 8:00 am with Trademasters in Chilliwack for the Brake Controller installation.
We have best friends living in Bellevue, WA.. We'll spend a few days with them, before staying the night of the 12th at the Best Western (more good advise from this forum). Haven't made reservations for the night of the 13th yet. I'll have to look at my notes of forum suggestions. Depending on weather, we hope to take 17-18 days to get back to California (Ca gives us 20 days to register). Hope to float around Washington and Oregon Coasts and experience some of the great parks we've only read about here.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Steve and Debbie,

Do you plan to use your dinette as a bed? If so, you might want to consider getting two filler boards instead of the one you have listed. I plan to use my u-shaped dinette for lounging and it'll be a bed some of the times. Having two filler boards gives that sleeper more room. I don't plan to even bring the table with me, although we'll get it so it matches the countertop (more stuff to store in the attic!).
Thanks Laura, Deb and I will be camping alone most of the time, and plan to keep the dinette in the lounge set-up. The tabletop will stay at home. We hope to take one or both of our granddaughters in the summer for 3-4 day outings. On those occasions we'll take the table top and they can use it as a bed. We think that will work.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I suggest you ask for dark brown trim on your countertops, it will change the whole look of your stock floor/countertop/cushion combo. I did that in BlackJack as my 19 with stock was too bland and I had to cover the floor. It is a low cost or free change.
Thanks Jim, Good idea! We did change the lounge fabric to a sort of dark mocha, that picks up the darker colors of the floor and countertop. Good idea on the trim also!

Old 12-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #25

We may have got the overhead box light idea from you!

Old 12-25-2015, 09:36 AM   #26
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Depending on weather, we hope to take 17-18 days to get back to California (Ca gives us 20 days to register). Hope to float around Washington and Oregon Coasts and experience some of the great parks we've only read about here.
Steve, if you find you're in the area... come join us for Spring NOG : 2016, April 21-24: Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Casita Travel Trailer Forum
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I believe each light has an exterior on/off switch, at least mine do. My inside turns them all on but I can turn each one off individually from the outside.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Steve, if you find you're in the area... come join us for Spring NOG : 2016, April 21-24: Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Casita Travel Trailer Forum
Thank-You Donna! Things moved so fast I had only started thinking about some of the get-to-gethers we could now attend. Heading back up north for the Escape Appreciation gathering in Osoyoos (sp?) B.C. would probably be too soon, but April 21-24 sounds perfect. I just asked Debbie and she gives a thumbs-up. I'll check it out as a perfect fit to our return voyage.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I believe each light has an exterior on/off switch, at least mine do. My inside turns them all on but I can turn each one off individually from the outside.
Jim, Thanks for the clarification. When I was explaining the option to Crystal, she mentioned the same interior switch, and I think turning each one off individually from the outside "escaped" me.

Old 12-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
One thing that made the build sheet difficult are all of the things that ETI will do for you but are not on the build sheet. You had to catch a lot of these handy options by reading this forum and even then you miss some of it. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #31

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
I think your build sheet is well thought out. If you don't mind the extra cost one suggestion is to switch to aluminium wheels.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #32

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
One thing that made the build sheet difficult are all of the things that ETI will do for you but are not on the build sheet. You had to catch a lot of these handy options by reading this forum and even then you miss some of it. Loren
That's why it's great when someone posts their build sheet as you might see something on their list you weren't aware of. And then you can add it to yours!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 11:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
You're right Loren. Without following this forum, one wouldn't know some options were possible. ETI is amazingly accommodating!

Old 12-25-2015, 11:07 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharper View Post
I think your build sheet is well thought out. If you don't mind the extra cost one suggestion is to switch to aluminium wheels.
I know. I think the aluminum wheels look great and I know they function well. Our Tow vehicle is white, with very little chrome. We just thought the white steel rims would look better with our vehicle. Plus, we live in a moderate climate where rust and corrosion are not really an issue. I hope this works out for us.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:11 PM   #35

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I almost bought the aluminum rims when it came time for new tires. But, I looked out the kitchen window at the trailer sitting in the front drive, and realized, I like the look of the white rims.
And, it was pointed out to me that aluminum rims also require maintenance to keep them all sparkly.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #36

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Steve,
Thanks for posting your build sheet. Nice to have it done, huh? Just don't have any regrets. Looks like a great list. We pick up our 21' on Jan 16. Can't wait...
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I almost bought the aluminum rims when it came time for new tires. But, I looked out the kitchen window at the trailer sitting in the front drive, and realized, I like the look of the white rims.
And, it was pointed out to me that aluminum rims also require maintenance to keep them all sparkly.
I agree Glenn,
I like the clean lines and look of an Escape with and without the aluminum rims. They each enhance the look in their own way. Thanks

Old 12-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
Steve,
Thanks for posting your build sheet. Nice to have it done, huh? Just don't have any regrets. Looks like a great list. We pick up our 21' on Jan 16. Can't wait...
It sure is nice Carla Jean! Having the Sheet done so far ahead of completion, I think is an unintended benefit of ETI. Now we can concentrate on the real fun part; picking it up and USING IT!

Congratulations and have a great trip to Chilliwack .........and a Full Year of use!

Old 12-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
I agree Glenn,
I like the clean lines and look of an Escape with and without the aluminum rims. They each enhance the look in their own way. Thanks
Steve and if you ever decide you want aluminum rims, I found mine on sale for less than the upgrade price on the build sheet when I bought new tires and went from 14" to 15" wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0611 (1).jpg  

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:47 PM   #40

Eric, That's a great look. Those 15's give it a real husky and stable look. Thanks for the idea!

Cheers