21 C or NE for Full Time - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2020, 12:33 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21 C
21 C or NE for Full Time

My wife and I are having a disagreement. We are in the process of ordering an Escape 21 for Full Time living and we are disagreeing about the classic vs the NE.

My argument is that the C has more practical storage - by practical I mean cabinets that are easily accessible. Additionally the bathroom is a little bit larger.

Her main argument is the larger bed and that you get more under bed storage which makes up for the loss of the other.

What do you guys think?
Asphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 12:53 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Boy, that’s a tough one. The NE also has less kitchen counter space. I would suggest you contact ETI for names of folks in the Spokane area with recent 19’ & 21’ trailers. Then see them in person. Lay on the beds together, etc. The NE has the same interior as the 19’ except for a larger dinette.

My wife is an example of someone who has to see a space person to understand its true dimensions. Not saying that’s true in your case but it may help.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:54 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
To me it has more to do with the layout than storage. They both have enough storage in my opinion. I personally much prefer the NE layout. For us, having the bed to one end of the trailer and away from the door is the most important factor.

Mind you, both are great trailers and will serve you well making wonderful memories.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:04 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have owned two E21's both the 1st G and now the second G models. If you spend any time inside the "U" dinette is necessary and we have it in the rear. Where are your best views and do you need a 6 person "U" vs a 4 person "U". One of the reasons for the E21 over the E19 is the larger bath and no crawl over in the bed. You will have a smaller bath and a climb over bed in the E21NE.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I love the layout of the 21c. We where coming from a casita and one of the things we wanted was a larger bed.That put out the 21c. I really like the 5.0 has everything a person would need full timing. We looked at the 21 NE But just 2 of us so we did not have a use for the large dinette. WE stuck with the 19 as the bed is the same size as the 21NE and the table itself is larger than the 21NE . Of course the extra 5" of counter in the 21NE would be nice. To answer you question if the 21C bed size in not a issue . I mush prefer the 21c layout over the 21NE. Oh ya bigger bath in 21C
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:02 AM   #6

Now you understand why we keep flip flopping between E19 and E21's.....
Old 06-16-2020, 10:22 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
My wife loves sleeping on the other end with my snorting and snoring all night..... so, Classic.
Kodakajika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 10:33 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
One consideration is how much cooking you plan to do. The "C" has more counter space.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:53 AM   #9

This is starting to get confusing, first generation, later referred as classic, 2nd generation, at present now with a classic 21C and a new edition 21NE......??
Old 06-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #10

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
I am getting a 21NE, but that is because we are looking to do shorter trips, and need to sleep 4 people. Two relatively large sleeping areas seals the deal for us. However, if it was just Mary & I, especially full-timing, the 21C would win hands down because of the larger non-sleeping areas - namely the kitchen and bathroom, plus the fact the bed is not a crawl over affair. The C feels more open to me, and has more easily accessible storage space, IMO.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:40 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett;339497
For us, having the bed to one end of the trailer and away from the door is the most important factor.
and for M. getting the bed away from the side of the stove was really an important factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I
and a climb over bed in the E21NE.
Ah, the climb over vrs. skoot discussion. Having had both I don't find much difference. Especially if it's cooler weather and the bed has blankets etc. that require a person to move them aside to get out.

But this discussion is about imaginary things. There's no large user group with experience with the NE. So it's all just opinion. At the end of the day sometimes you just have to look at a situation and make a decision for yourself.

Ron
Ron in BC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
Boy, that’s a tough one. The NE also has less kitchen counter space. I would suggest you contact ETI for names of folks in the Spokane area with recent 19’ & 21’ trailers. Then see them in person. Lay on the beds together, etc. The NE has the same interior as the 19’ except for a larger dinette.

My wife is an example of someone who has to see a space person to understand its true dimensions. Not saying that’s true in your case but it may help.

Nuh-UH! The 21NE is 4" wider (and of course 2' longer) than a 19. The difference is quite distinctive. Not a good comparison except for type of layout.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:38 PM   #13

Trailer: 2020 21' Escape
We are going full time and went with a 21C for a couple simple reasons.
The first is I didn't want to have to climb over my wife to get out of bed - hard no for me.

The bigger reason was not wanting to have the bed right next to the kitchen. The potential smells and mess that close to the bed was not desirable.

I'll fully support the others that have suggested reaching to Escape to get the names of people that will show you their trailers. Walking in to the trailer really drove home what we would like and wouldn't. Plus we met some absolutely amazing people. They'll probably tell you what you should get, what you should skip and so on. It was super helpful.
AndNeitherDoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:38 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
You do really have to see it but that could be hard during this time of covid 19. I thought I wanted a 5.0 until I lay down on the bed and got claustrophobia. (that was the old 5.0) We reversed the sink and the stove in our 19 and I've always been glad we did that. I didn't want to stand next to the bed and cook. I think the U-shaped dinette in the 21NE would be unnecessary for us -- we like our dinette and have it arranged with two drawers that are pushed against the front wall of the trailer -- we depend on those drawers all day long -- and couldn't do that with a u-shape. I don't like the smaller bed in the 21c and don't like that it's close to the wall. All this comparison is just making me content with our 19.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:40 PM   #15

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21 C
Thanks for all of the replies. We have seen a 21C. Unfortunately there aren’t any NE in our area. Probably due to how new it is. The C is perfect. Once she saw the bed and realized it’s not as small as she thought, she was satisfied.
Asphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:04 AM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
enjoy the 21C. now comes the hard part figuring what options you want.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote