21 Front Window option - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2018, 07:36 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie View Post
We’re finalizing our build sheet and did not opt for the additional front window with the rock shield. I was just wondering if anyone regretted not adding this option.
I have no iron in this fire but will offer an observation. I have a 15A (no longer made) with two additional windows. Several people who have toured my trailer have stated that mine seems bigger and brighter than their larger Escapes. I am so glad to have opted for the additional windows to allow more light into the interior.

But only you can decide if more light trumps an asymmetrical frontal appearance. I know it wouldn't bother me.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:32 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Susan wanted it & I didn't having seen one at 2014 Rally which I attended solo. We had 30 days after that to turn in our build sheet and that topic was the only real sticking point between us. For me, being a function over form person I felt the window did little for outside view and was just another point to allow cold air to enter- over your head sleeping-and would be single pane.

Went back to the Wack 18 months later and reminded Susan that if she really wanted it still ETI could do it. Didn't happen.

The headboard is too low for many to sit up in bed to read and would have had it mounted higher had I known. Susan scrunches there against the headboard I made with no complaints, however I cannot do that and read in the dinette. Might be a future mod to fix that.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:42 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I don't have the front window in my 21 but wish I did. Granted, the offset window looks a little odd from the outside, but the trailer is a bit dark for me, especially at that end. It could use more natural light. Also, it would be nice to be able to keep an eye on my tow vehicle parked in front when camped.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I like to see in all directions as well.
With our last trailer I installed a large peep hole...the type you install in your front door...in the rear. It was located in the bathroom and the first O in Zoom. To light the area up at night all sides had some high output LED lights mounted on or near the roof.
Attached Thumbnails
06E40786-5B73-466F-8BCF-7E47726F9E61.jpeg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We did not opt for the front window; however, we did get the optional window over the drawer stack at the foot of the bed. That window adds enough light for us. We use the shelf above the bed for many things (tissues, books, reading glasses, etc.) and would be lost without it.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:53 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I like to see in all directions as well.
With our last trailer I installed a large peep hole...the type you install in your front door...in the rear.

And, what did you see?
Old 12-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Could someone with a front window 21' PLEASE sit in the rear dinette and take a photo of WHAT you can see out the front window. I keep reading where folks want to see out.. but what do you see? The sky? All the pics I've seen are of someone standing at the kitchen area. I know folks can knell on the bed and look out. AND light is always good, but....
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:42 PM   #28

Trailer: R: Escape--2018 Escape 21
re: headboard
Will complete this weekend and will post photos. Also using spare dinette material--it fits between the mattress platform and the shelf--approx 34"hx48"w. Also making a custom bedcover for neatness sake, but that won't get done until after christmas--have a new granddaughter on the way and my sewing machine is spitting sparks as it is!
R:Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:13 AM   #29

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
As we prepared the build sheet for our E21, we had misgivings about doing without a window at the front. We worried about not being able to see when there were things happening in that direction. We live close to ETI and could easily have one installed now if we wanted, but we aren't willing to give up the pluses of the current configuration.

As much as we might like a front window, we really love the shelf over our pillows. It makes so much more of our night stuff accessible so we don't have to get up. (Lozenges, tissues, iPhones, eReaders, etc.) And really most of what we want to see is on the other three sides of our trailer, especially the vistas that are best viewed through the 3 windows at the dinette.
Our previous NASH trailer had only a small bathroom window at the back end and only one decent window on one side, so we frequently missed out on enjoying the great views that we currently get from our dinette.
Love our Escape!

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:29 AM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
How about posting a picture of that headboard please.
Mine's not the one you're referring to, but there are a couple of pics of it in the windows options panicking thread.

If I remember correctly, ours is a 2'x4' piece of 3/4" plywood, padded with "enhanced batting" and covered with velveteen upholstery fabric. It's bolted to the bed decking with several L-braces - the tricky part was climbing in and out of the hole to secure the bolts. We've been using it now for almost 3 years and it's worked great to keep us off the window when lounging in the bed.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:00 AM   #31

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
We used to lounge sideways in our 2014 E21, sitting under the windows on the bed with these at our backs, here is a picture using them at the rear dinette also.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1372 copy.jpg  
Old 12-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Could someone with a front window 21' PLEASE sit in the rear dinette and take a photo of WHAT you can see out the front window. I keep reading where folks want to see out.. but what do you see?
I think they are referring to lounging on the bed and seeing forward.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:53 AM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I would say with the front dinette in the 19 we more often had a broader view than we do with the 5.0TA as it seems we are often backed against trees or something obstructing the view. And while this forward view when in campgrounds is into the campground itself, you at least always have a view of some kind to watch things happening if you wish.

Though, in the places that do afford a view out the rear, it is almost always a superior view, and in a few cases downright picturesque.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I think they are referring to lounging on the bed and seeing forward.
I guess I was thinking about Chris' & Patricia's expectations of 'looking out.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
...... In addition, one of the spots we like to camp has the lake view at the front of the trailer, so there was no way we wanted to miss that.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #35

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We do not have the front window in our 21 and wish we did , not for the view but for the increased light level and the increased ventilation .
Even with utilizing the roof fan the bed area lacks sufficient air movement IMHO
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We do not have the front window in our 21 and wish we did , not for the view but for the increased light level and the increased ventilation .
Even with utilizing the roof fan the bed area lacks sufficient air movement IMHO
The front window doesn't open and it's single-pane. But you do get extra light for $300.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #37

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I would say with the front dinette in the 19 we more often had a broader view than we do with the 5.0TA as it seems we are often backed against trees or something obstructing the view. And while this forward view when in campgrounds is into the campground itself, you at least always have a view of some kind to watch things happening if you wish.

Though, in the places that do afford a view out the rear, it is almost always a superior view, and in a few cases downright picturesque.
Jim, you observations are right, generally the rearview is the superior view, but not always, and yes we wanted the extra light as well as the possibility of being able to look out forward, although not necessarily while lounging on the bed!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #38

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The front window doesn't open and it's single-pane. But you do get extra light for $300.
Without the ventilation it ain’t worth $ 300 to me . The only view out the front of my trailer would be the back of my truck , which I’ve seen thousands of times before

Thanks Donna
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #39

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
We used to lounge sideways in our 2014 E21, sitting under the windows on the bed with these at our backs, here is a picture using them at the rear dinette also.
I don’t have a picture of ours in use, but we keep our Dinette set up full time in the bed configuration. We use two of these wedge pillows to lounge in a 12” reclined position. It’s the most comfort we can find for relaxing indoors:

Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Foam Bed Wedge Pillow, Made in California 12-inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DTZVO7Q..._a3SbCbC641HPR

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #40

Trailer: 2019 21' Escape
Thanks for all the responses! We opted to not have the front window installed but went with one over the two drawer counter at the end of the bed. More light, yay!
angie is offline   Reply With Quote