21C Options Recommendations - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2022, 10:04 AM   #1
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
21C Options Recommendations

Hi Everyone,
We currently have a 19 which we purchased new, but did not visit Escape prior to purchase. We really like this and it has renewed our interest in camping and travel, but after seeing a 21C, we have decided that model will best meet our needs going forward and we will be visiting the factory in May to pick out options this time.

My question to you all is this - Are they any "non-obvious" option recommendations that we may miss? Or are they any items that are from the base configuration that should be upgraded because the base option is not so good?
Also, I don't know if Escape does this, but are there any custom items that they might install such as a WeBoost that we should consider?

If you have any comments on battery/electrical items, please see an alternate question on that I will post later today or tomorrow as I know that topic can quickly dominate a thread.

The answer to all of this may be simple and obvious since we currently own a 19, but when investing $45,000 or more I have found it is worth asking a question or two, especially as it is difficult/expensive to adjust/add stuff later.

Thanks!
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 21
I’d get the extra wardrobe cabinet n if getting the u shaped dinette, get the rear most cushions split ( one thing we forgot to have done ).
Old 04-27-2022, 12:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I can see splitting the lower rerar cushion of the U dinette (and probably will, if we ever get them reupholstered, but I wonder if splitting the upper rear cushion would leave it more inclined to fall down ?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:29 PM   #4

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
In June we will mostly doing the sign off on our build sheet and am questioning the split cushions.

Is it that difficult to move them to get access underneath? I'm wondering if having the read of the U-Shaped Dinette split would make for uncomfortable seating?
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:15 PM   #5
Site Team

the back seat of the U dinette is shallow, but it makes a great place to install extra electrics!

Old 04-27-2022, 02:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
I would probably skip the U-shape dinette if ordering another; the back bench seat is good for maybe small children and it just crimps the legroom vs. the standard dinette. Not too difficult to do a DIY bench if wanted across the back. They look cool, yet the functionality and comfort of the standard dinette (had it in our 17B- also in the rear) is better IMO.

If you do get the U-Dinette consider asking ETI to put the batteries next to the kitchen wall as they used to do(ours is this way). It was suggested that putting them in the back corner created better storage, yet when placed there it is a PITA to service them, whereas storing stuff back there is not a problem and some did an access hatch there.

Also, I don't know what the fuss is regarding the single long back & seat cushions for the U-dinette. If I need to get in there the long cushions just get stowed on the bed up front.

Small item, yet don't forget: toilet shutoff valve (are they standard now?)

Tongue jack or at least a pre-wire. I also had them pre-wire for speakers and used that wire to put LED lights in the upper cabinets switched by door opening/closing.

WeBoost location: I like mine at the rear so I can be near the candy bar antenna inside and then tun on my phone's hotspot for Susan to use either up front or even outside. Get the Drive RV Antenna vs. the Drive OTR. The difference is you will get 25' of RJ-6 wire that Antenna connects to with a 3' lead vs. a single 16' wire on the Drive OTR. This will allow you to easily change antennas down the road.
Old 04-27-2022, 03:35 PM   #7
Site Team

[I moved this thread here, it was under Classifieds]
Old 04-27-2022, 04:56 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thanks John....
Old 04-27-2022, 04:57 PM   #9
DT6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C; 2018 Escape 19 (sold in 2022)
Thanks John and I apologize for posting in the wrong location! I'm still checking for a used 21C in case the right one shows up before we commit to ours, and must have been there when I set this up.
DT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:17 PM   #10
Site Team

re the U dinette. when I'm lounging and reading, I will put my feet up on the center/back stretch, with a pillow in the corner of the wall next to the fridge or stove.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:07 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Re: Lounge Lizard-'ng, one can do same with a Mod board.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:08 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Re: Lounge Lizard-'ng, one can do same with a Mod board.
mod board?
Old 04-28-2022, 12:12 AM   #13
Site Team

well, I got a lot more than a compressor fridge for $5500, I added 5200 watt*hours of battery (from ~ 1440 watt*hours usable from dual GC2), 360 watts of solar (up from 160), and a 2000 watt inverter, that all adds a whole lot of flexibility. The Norcold N2175 fridge was $2200 + $360 installed. authorized installer == less warranty worries.
Old 04-28-2022, 08:11 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Your sales consultant is the best person to speak with in regards to options not shown on build sheet.