21NE has too tight of clearance getting past table on left side - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2021, 08:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21NE
21NE has too tight of clearance getting past table on left side

My wife and I were lucky enough to get a look inside a 21NE thanks to the ambassador program and we loved everything except the tight clearance getting past the table on the left side of the U shaped dinette. This model had a springfield pedestal and I made sure I was sliding the table as far as it would go.

I've attached a picture and I don't see how anyone could possibly squeeze into the dinette when the table only slides to the right enough to make about 7" clearance on the left. I can't picture Escape designing the dinette so you could only enter from the right side.

But then again maybe I'm just too short and overweight? Maybe taller and skinnier people lift up on their tippy toes and shimmy through that small gap?

Or maybe people buy the lagun table to get past this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20210502_174252.jpg  
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:28 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Here are a few pictures from our 21NE. We have the table with the 2 legs. I have it slid all the way over in the pictures.

Looks like it provides more room.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1991.jpg   IMG_1992.jpg  
Amel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #3

That's great news! I just did a little test and with the 11.5 inches like in your picture I can easily get past without any issues. Not sure why the table I tested wouldn't go over farther. Maybe there are stops on the bottom that were set to not let it slide as much? Either way I don't think we will have any issues.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us. It's these little things that can start to create doubt. Nice to know it's not a problem.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:26 PM   #4

Trailer: deposit
How do you like your 21NE? We are unable to view one in our area. It is between that and the 5.0. Do you enjoy having a larger dining space? Does it work out being in the front of the vehicle?
Thanks, Michele
MicheleNCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleNCali View Post
How do you like your 21NE? We are unable to view one in our area. It is between that and the 5.0. Do you enjoy having a larger dining space? Does it work out being in the front of the vehicle?
Thanks, Michele
Hi, not sure if you're posting in reply to me or Amel (who helped answer my question about the clearance on left side of dinette table). We don't have a 21NE yet but our deposit is in. Our GCD is 11 2022 so we have a bit of a wait.

We have done quite a bit of research though and were able to view a 21NE through the ambassador program. So my feedback would be that the 21NE is still a smaller trailer and the extra size of the dinette doesn't result in a feeling of lots of extra room. When viewing videos and photos online the inside of the trailer and the dinette feels larger. When seeing in person it's more of a cozy tight space. I recommend taking out a measuring tape and mark off the length of the 5.0 dinette as a test. See if you would be comfortable with that. I knew right away it would be too tight for us. Some could definitely make it work though. As for the 21NE it has more options since you can ask escape to make both sides of the trailer into a dinette. U shape dinette can be a lounge without the table setup. The rear dinette that replaces the permanent bed can be a bench instead of u shape dinette for a longer table. I forget the post and user who has had this done but I will link after this post. Also with the cot the 21NE can sleep 5 although there Is less space between cushion and cot as in the 19.

Also the ceiling felt lower than I was expecting in the 21NE. And I'm only 5'6". I think im just use to my parents giant 5th wheel. It's just something to keep in mind because the 5.0 is supposed to feel larger inside. I haven't been in a 5.0 but from what I've read it feels a lot more roomy with the extra head room. That being said if you're like us and need room for 2 children and a large dog the 21NE Is really the only option imo. Especially when you consider how the 5.0 takes up the truck bed too.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #6

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post358658

The user with the dual dinettes is Sherminator and the link above is to a post where he explains more about it.
Old 06-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #7

Trailer: deposit
Thank you, that helps a lot! We did view the 5.0 it does feel roomy height-wise. Due mostly to the private sleeping area it doesn't feel very long.
MicheleNCali is offline   Reply With Quote