21NE shakedown this past weekend results - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2021, 11:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 21ne
21NE shakedown this past weekend results

After a four week delay for weather and trailer stocking, we had our first outing to test everything in our Escape. Our results with accolades and a few criticisms follow:
1. The Lagun table install was the first priority since we had ETI leave out the table and had them fabricate a slightly smaller table. It was a sizable project (my son being a stress engineer for aircraft made it a little over the top) and it is quite robust. Took me about 20 hours with wood, stainless and aluminum. Having said that, It is absolutely the best modifications that allows for more room, more accessibility, and versatility.
2. The keyless entry from Bauer would not function from the start. Tried multiple times with battery change and disarming. Just not good. ETI is giving us credit and have ordered and RV keyless lock to replace it.
3. The bath shower faucet was DOA. Could not get it to work for a shower and removed it today and ordered a Delta Classic with Jim's diverter from Amazon. A new shower head was already installed.
4. Inspection of the trailer showed several screws not completely installed. Tightened those and re adjusted the door to make it operable.
5. The Fastway E2 hitch is awesome. When we left home we faced a side wind of 30 and gusting. The trailer never even twitch. Tracked and pulled great.
6. The propane heater is awesome. Temperature hovered around 30 degrees F briefly several mornings but we were toasty warm. We do have foam insulation from ETI.
7. Refrigerator is roomy and very efficient. Worked very well.
8. The bed is firm but very comfortable with the hypervent installed ( not easy since the product is sharp enough to cut skin, don't ask me how I know)
9. The storage in the 21NE is more than adequate for our chairs, cooking equipment, and dog necessities.
10. Elfa shelving in the wardrobe took some ingenuity to make stable for transport but worked great for our pantry.
11. The outdoor shower is very nice, especially since it provides hot water for dishes and cleaning up a couple of grandkids and dog paws.
12. The solar panel never let our batteries drop (we were connected to electricity most of the time camping). We did do most of our work prior to the trip on batteries alone.
13. The microwave would be hard to do without for us. Slow but adequate
14. The multiple 120v outlets came in handy and would qualify as a must for us.
15. The BOSS radio works but the Bluetooth did not. Replacing it in few weeks. The speakers are pretty good though.
16. Our next modification will involve a cell booster and internet devices as time and $ allows.
17. We had ETI install two lithium batteries however we have not tested that investment in real time just yet.
18. We have plans for another trip in three weeks. We will see how our modifications work out and enjoy our Escape even more. Wishing everyone well and hopefully see a few of you out on the road.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
2. The keyless entry from Bauer would not function from the start. Tried multiple times with battery change and disarming. Just not good. ETI is giving us credit and have ordered and RV keyless lock to replace it.
Same was true for ours. Jealous of your credit, they sent us a new Bauer, which to be fair does work but we still replaced it with one from RVLock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
10. Elfa shelving in the wardrobe took some ingenuity to make stable for transport but worked great for our pantry.
Would love to see what you did and what you used.

Glad it went well, guess I need to go check screws.
tacchino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 12:39 PM   #3

The opening for the "pantry" is just over 10 inches so any wider Elfa and it won't go into the space and any drawer won't come out. There is wasted space on both sides, but access to the full depth is great. Elfa extra narrow seven runner frame platinum 10 x 21x 29 with drawers you choose. I took a 1/4 plywood cut to fit the bottom between the two mouldings and covered with inexpensive carpet (not really needed just made it look better) Then I used black plastic caps floor chair leg protectors screwed to the plywood and filled them with silicone to stabilize the feet of the elfa to the plywood. A small short tension rod zip tie across the back top made it very stable. I use a cheap wooden dowl to keep the drawers from hitting the pantry door when traveling and the elfa pin stops in the rear.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:46 PM   #4

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
Here is how i installed ours (see pics). Three 2x2 and one 1x2. To hold drawers in place, drilled holes for cotter pins. Did attach twine to cotter pins cause i kept losing them.
Attached Thumbnails
elfa.jpg   elfa2.jpg   elfa3.jpg  
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:15 AM   #5

I like it. Very similar jumboscott Your 2 x 2 is nice. In ours the tension rod really improved the stability
Old 01-21-2021, 07:21 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumboscott View Post
Here is how i installed ours (see pics). Three 2x2 and one 1x2. To hold drawers in place, drilled holes for cotter pins. Did attach twine to cotter pins cause i kept losing them.
Looks good, does make me think that I should have gone for the drawer underneath so as not to waste that space at the bottom.
tacchino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:30 PM   #7

Trailer: 2023 1st Gen 23, Formerly a 2021 21NE
From the pics it looks like you attached the shelving unit to strips of wood/plywood. So I don't need either of the wardrobe walls reinforced to make this work?
BatChaser is offline   Reply With Quote