A couple of 5.0 questions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2017, 01:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Scamp
A couple of 5.0 questions

Hello all. I am contemplating purchasing a 5.0 TA and I have two questions I'm hopeful a current 5.0 owner(s) can provide answers to.
1) What is the measurement, in inches, between the counter tops in the galley area? In other words, how wide is the aisle in this area? My main concern here is how easily (or inconvenient) is it for two persons to walk by each other, or work opposite each other, in this area. I currently have a Scamp fifth wheel and I know the aisle isn't wide enough. I would like to be able to compare the two measurements.
2) Is there ample room in the sleeping loft for an average-sized person (5'10" or so) to sit up comfortably against the front wall?
Thanks for all your help!
Peter
Peter S. in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
There is only one counter top in a 5.0TA, it's on the door side. So working back-to-back isn't an issue. I think there's plenty of room to walk by each other. Others, depending on their size may think differently.

The front of the 5.0TA in the loft has a slant, you won't be leaning against the wall, unless you like feeling like you're folding in half. If you're thinking about reading in bed, pillows do the trick for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp-Escape.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
We had a Scamp 5th wheel for several years and we now have a 5.0 TA. It's unbelievable how much more room there is in the 5.0 and the sleeping area is much more comfortable. My husband can be at the sink and I can be getting something out of the cabinet across from him with no problem. We love our Escape!
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 1997 casita & 5.0 ta July,2016
Oh, and it is possible to sit comfortably on the bed, but because of the slant, a few pillows are needed.
dmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:37 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter S. in Iowa View Post
1) What is the measurement, in inches, between the counter tops in the galley area? In other words, how wide is the aisle in this area? My main concern here is how easily (or inconvenient) is it for two persons to walk by each other, or work opposite each other, in this area.
There are not opposing counters, but there is a counter on the curb side and cabinets on the street side (from rear to front: refrigerator, microwave and cupboards, and a bit of the bathroom). That means you won't be trying to occupy the same aisle space very much except when passing.

Sorry, I don't have the actual aisle width (counter edge to cabinet face), but the tightest point will be between the corner of the counter by the door on the curbside and the rear corner of the bathroom on the streetside.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:59 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
From the door rearward, the 5.0 and Escape 21 are almost identical thus space wise similar.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:44 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

The front of the 5.0TA in the loft has a slant, you won't be leaning against the wall, unless you like feeling like you're folding in half.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:05 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Hello all. I am contemplating purchasing a 5.0 TA and I have two questions I'm hopeful a current 5.0 owner(s) can provide answers to.
1) What is the measurement, in inches, between the counter tops in the galley area? In other words, how wide is the aisle in this area? My main concern here is how easily (or inconvenient) is it for two persons to walk by each other, or work opposite each other, in this area. I currently have a Scamp fifth wheel and I know the aisle isn't wide enough. I would like to be able to compare the two measurements.
2) Is there ample room in the sleeping loft for an average-sized person (5'10" or so) to sit up comfortably against the front wall?
Peter
Hi Peter,
We used to have a Scamp 5th wheel Deluxe. We just switched to an Escape 5.0 TA. You will love the extra space! It seems huge! It is hard to sit up in bed and lean against anything I admit but you can also sit on the steps leading to the loft. We have the U shaped dinette and it is really nice to be able to put your feet up. The other thing I like about the Escape is that it is better thought out. How many times have you thought "It would be nice if my Scamp had..." You get in an Escape and there it is! Problem solved! The bath is a bit smaller but I just used the shower last night and it was fine for my 5'10" frame. The extra ceiling height is nice too. We are considering a curtain to block off the bed area but have not gotten there yet. I think that the Escape tows smoother(twin axles instead of single?) and being a bit longer it backs up easier, the Escape still has the maneuverability that we loved in the Scamp. Don't get me wrong I loved our Scamp and we lived in it for six months once, I really don't miss the crawling into the bed piece of the Scamp!
Ian
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:20 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Peter
Just measured and our aisle is roughly 3' from counter edge to fridge door. Don't remember what the Scamp was but definitely more in the Escape. There are less counters in the "Kitchen area" but the junk counter in the Escape is now by the door so I do not feel like I have lost space yet, time will tell.
Ian
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:23 PM   #10

Trailer: '15 Escape 5.0 TA
We have a 5.0TA and we really like it. Love the additional room, especially moving up from a Casita. We actually lived in it full time for 4 months and had no issues. The only caveat for us is the loft/bed. The steps going up to the loft are very steep. I have almost missed a step in the middle of the night on more than 1 occasion. We also have a dog that always sleeps at our feet. She is now has cancer and is unable to go up and down the steps. If we were to do it over again, we would give the 21 Escape some serious consideration. Just my opinion, Bob
"How can I be lost, if I have no place to go"
t-twnbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #11

Trailer: 2010 Scamp
Thanks all for your prompt and very helpful responses. I truly appreciate it!

Peter
Peter S. in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote