A question for the ladies about colors - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
How did you do your own belly band?
You just pull the black one out and insert a different color. Took about 10 minutes.

The 1" vinyl trim insert comes in various colors and lengths. A 50 foot roll was enough to do our 19.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:16 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
Very cool! A week or so after I posted this initial question, I called to see if I could change my color to teal and was told that it would cost 300.00 so I decided red was just fine.

How did you do your own belly band?
See you and Dora in just a few weeks. I am busy trying to finish up pillows and a quilt for the trailer, should be done with it by this evening! We are leaving in about 12 days to start our trip to Osoyoos.

Nancy

Bellyband was easy to change out. $15.95 for a 50 foot roll on eBay. I can show you at Osoyoos. Easy Peasy.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221465133398?_...49&_mwBanner=1

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:26 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Bellyband was easy to change out. $15.95 for a 50 foot roll on eBay. I can show you at Osoyoos. Easy Peasy.

1" x 50 ft RED Vinyl Trim Molding Screw Cover RV Boat Camper Travel Trailer | eBay

Fred M.
I want to buy some to match my trailer, but shipping is twice again what the trim costs.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #44

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I want to buy some to match my trailer, but shipping is twice again what the trim costs.
Funny .....just ordered 50ft .......$15. shipping for $10 . product ...ridiculas .....should have known could have united an order .... as it is they took our payment but haven't received a confirm although they said we would receive a confirm ....have never used eBay before ...( actually searched through and found a lot of different prices for the same product )
Old 04-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
Funny .....just ordered 50ft .......$15. shipping for $10 . product ...ridiculas .....should have known could have united an order .... as it is they took our payment but haven't received a confirm although they said we would receive a confirm ....have never used eBay before ...( actually searched through and found a lot of different prices for the same product )
This stuff is $18 USD to buy, $30 to ship. Don't see pewter (or silver) everywhere either.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
This stuff is $18 USD to buy, $30 to ship. Don't see pewter (or silver) everywhere either.

Here is silver. Buy it so I can see if I like it.
1" x 50 ft SILVER Vinyl Trim Molding Screw Cover RV Boat Camper Travel Trailer | eBay
Old 04-29-2017, 04:23 PM   #47

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:

Guess I haven't done my " homework " for some reason..... I thought you were looking for red ... Maybe because I saw a photo of one with greyish graphics and the red vinyl - looked so good or thought you were matching your truck ...in any case I don't have a link for you but I am sure I saw some greyish/silver on amazon ...but no red there . The red I found on eBay was ten bucks and change for 50ft - but still no confirm ...so maybe we don't have anything ......
Old 04-29-2017, 10:49 PM   #48
Site Team

For anyone interested in a longer discussion of the belly bands, here's the thread I did when I changed ours to red:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8061
Old 04-30-2017, 07:56 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Just a thought -- we went with blue and the tow vehicle is black -- but my first though about the colors is that anything that makes the trailer more visible -- including possibly clashing colors with the tow vehicle -- is a good thing. You want to stick out so you don't get side swiped -- Too often even a trailer becomes invisible to other drivers.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #50

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthe View Post
Just a thought -- we went with blue and the tow vehicle is black -- but my first though about the colors is that anything that makes the trailer more visible -- including possibly clashing colors with the tow vehicle -- is a good thing. You want to stick out so you don't get side swiped -- Too often even a trailer becomes invisible to other drivers.
That's a very good point . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Look around. Fleet vehicles are often white for visibility. In some places fire trucks are white. Trailer is already white.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:53 AM   #52

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
You just pull the black one out and insert a different color. Took about 10 minutes.

The 1" vinyl trim insert comes in various colors and lengths. A 50 foot roll was enough to do our 19.

Oh, I need to do that. Where did you get the vinyl trim?
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:08 AM   #53
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Oh, I need to do that. Where did you get the vinyl trim?
There are several sources Bobbie, mostly on EBay. Check the links above or the link to the belly band thread above for more. If you're going to Google search it, look for something like 1" vinyl trim insert.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2017, 12:16 PM   #54

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Thanks. I'll start looking.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 05:52 PM   #55

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Look around. Fleet vehicles are often white for visibility. In some places fire trucks are white. Trailer is already white.
True, there are a lot of white fleet vehicles, and white is decently visible... but the popularity of white in fleets is not about visibility. White is cheap, because every vehicle manufacturer offers white (eliminating special paint colours to match a corporate scheme). It is especially suitable for vehicles which will be later sold (and are more marketable in generic white than RCMP Blue or whatever). White also makes a good background for vinyl film graphics (or full wraps).

Fire trucks were traditionally red, but have appeared in a wide range of colours. Edmonton went through a phase of particularly unattractive lime green; the police cruisers were intense yellow at the time (and white after that). Some fire departments have returned to red (and the Edmonton police have returned to black with white doors), just because it looks better. A firefighter noted in an online discussion about equipment colours and visibility that there are so many bright flashing lights on a fire truck now that it could be painted matte black and would still be the most visible thing on the road.

If visibility is concerned, I suggest incorporating a retroreflective stripe, presumably with one or more other colours. This stripe would just look white or silver in daytime, but in the dark will shine as if it were brightly lit when caught by headlights. Emergency vehicles routinely incorporate some of this material in their graphic schemes.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote