Additional 70 1/2" sewer tube holder - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatChaser View Post
Just checked the dimensions and re-read the above posts. The 6' ladder is too long to fit into the option provided by ETI. We too are wanting the 6' ladder so it looks like this mod is in order once we get our trailer.
Thank you! That's what I thought. We'd keep the 5' ladder and avoid the mod...
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Thank you! That's what I thought. We'd keep the 5' ladder and avoid the mod...
I bought a 12.5' telescoping ladder. I don't need it that long, the 10.5' would have been better and is 4 lbs lighter.

BUT I am strongly considering going to the GP Logistics SLDD6 6' Compact Folding Ladder with the fence post mod like Vermilye has done. One less thing in the truck box and also to pack up each trip. I do like having a ladder along as I like to get the debris off my awning etc.

kvam, remember that the 5.0 is the tallest trailer (10ish ft at the peak). If you plan to use a 5 footer to wash the roof the 5' might be too short. Even with my ladder leaning against the trailer it is a stretch to reach the middle of the roof.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I think I have the same collapsible ladder that Jon has. I bought it on one of my trips. I found the thing to be surprisingly heavy and a bit hard to use. I replaced it with a three-step Gorilla step ladder from Home Depot that I keep in my truck bed when traveling. I can reach the roof of the trailer with it, barely. Just FYI.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I bought a 12.5' telescoping ladder. I don't need it that long, the 10.5' would have been better and is 4 lbs lighter.

BUT I am strongly considering going to the GP Logistics SLDD6 6' Compact Folding Ladder with the fence post mod like Vermilye has done. One less thing in the truck box and also to pack up each trip. I do like having a ladder along as I like to get the debris off my awning etc.

kvam, remember that the 5.0 is the tallest trailer (10ish ft at the peak). If you plan to use a 5 footer to wash the roof the 5' might be too short. Even with my ladder leaning against the trailer it is a stretch to reach the middle of the roof.
Thank you, Ronn! We’d like the 6’ ladder as well but are not up to doing the mods ourselves. The 5’ ladder would nicely fit the extra sewer hose tube we have optioned - hence the inclination to go that way. But, the ability to clean the solar panels and, to a lesser extent, the roof is a concern. I suppose we could have someone do the mod for us but it is tempting to go for the easy solution, at least early on.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:55 PM   #25

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Thank you, Ronn! We’d like the 6’ ladder as well but are not up to doing the mods ourselves. The 5’ ladder would nicely fit the extra sewer hose tube we have optioned - hence the inclination to go that way. But, the ability to clean the solar panels and, to a lesser extent, the roof is a concern. I suppose we could have someone do the mod for us but it is tempting to go for the easy solution, at least early on.
I think there is a good possibility you will be disappointed with your height on the 5' ladder.

Did you see Donna's post of the expandable hose carrier? I don't think it would be much of a job to attach that carrier, but if my memory serves me it is a more expensive option, which is the reason I am considering the fence post mod.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post375209
Old 03-12-2021, 09:56 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Having some 3rd degree(at least) MacGyver skills is not mandatory, yet highly advised with any RV. Nowadays, especially trying to get service in a timely fashion with a Pro- well good luck with that. YouTube is your friend.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I think there is a good possibility you will be disappointed with your height on the 5' ladder.

Did you see Donna's post of the expandable hose carrier? I don't think it would be much of a job to attach that carrier, but if my memory serves me it is a more expensive option, which is the reason I am considering the fence post mod.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post375209
Thank you, Ronn! I will ask ETI whether I can provide this hose holder to them for the already requested second sewer tube on my build. Long shot given that my build started 19th of Feb but worth a try...
Old 03-13-2021, 08:00 AM   #28

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
After reading through this thread I did some research.

I like the idea of a folding ladder in a tube under the trailer.

Here's what I ended up ordering:

Telesteps 700FLD OSHA Compliant 7 ft Double sided folding step ladder (STIK)

This ladder in addition to having an OSHA rating is also rated for 250 lbs. The GP Logistics ladder is rated for 225 lbs.

After the ladder arrives, I will be ordering one of theses Buyers Products PVC Conduit Carrier Kit. It is available for 4", 6", or 8" pipe. The aluminum caps is actually lockable. While the sewer hose carriers have hole for a lock, in all honesty a twist of a screw driver would pop them open. While the lack of security isn't a bid deal for a sewer hose, it is more of an issue with more expensive items like ladders, fishing rods, and maybe even snow skies.

I'm waiting to get the ladder to see if it will fit in a 4" tube. I expect that I'll probably need the 6" one.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:17 AM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
After the ladder arrives, I will be ordering one of theses Buyers Products PVC Conduit Carrier Kit. It is available for 4", 6", or 8" pipe. The aluminum caps is actually lockable. While the sewer hose carries have hole for a lock, in all honesty a twist of a screw driver would pop them open. While the lack of security isn't a bid deal for a sewer hose, it is more of an issue with more expensive items like ladders, fishing rods, and maybe even snow skies.

I'm waiting to get the ladder to see if it will fit in a 4" tube. I expect that I'll probably need the 6" one.
This looks like a good solution. The only issue I see is using the U hangers to install. IF you install next to the sewer tube, there's no way to get to the top of the frame. I think ETI installs with self-tapping screws. Maybe a solution would be to use metal pipe hanging tape, a couple of washers and then the self tapping screws. I'll be following this closely.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This looks like a good solution. The only issue I see is using the U hangers to install. IF you install next to the sewer tube, there's no way to get to the top of the frame. I think ETI installs with self-tapping screws. Maybe a solution would be to use metal pipe hanging tape, a couple of washers and then the self tapping screws. I'll be following this closely.
Thanks for pointing that out. Yes, I will need to fabricate some brackets out of steel or aluminum stock that would screw on to the frame and extend beyond it for the U-bolts. My initial thought is angle stock that screws on to the side of the frame, with holes to accept the U-bolts.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:49 AM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
Or, just use the brackets and instead of the u-bolts, use straight bolts...and drill & install threaded nut-serts into the frame.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:17 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Casita SD
Can you please give me the link for the 6’ version?Can’t seem to locate it. Thanks!!!
The M&M’s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:43 PM   #33

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
I never even thought abought carrying a ladder camping. Its amazing that these fit in a sewer tube or fence post under the trailer.. Such a newbie!
Old 03-14-2021, 09:04 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The M&M’s View Post
Can you please give me the link for the 6’ version?Can’t seem to locate it. Thanks!!!
Both links - TTMartin’s and one in my post lead you to Amazon pages for the ladders we referred to. In each case, the links to different ladder height options for that manufacturer is provided. Just retry the links as given....
Old 03-15-2021, 08:54 AM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by The M&M’s View Post
This is the ladder I purchased: Telesteps 6'
Old 03-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
This is the ladder I purchased: Telesteps 6'
How long is the ladder when folded?

I'm second guessing getting the 7' ladder since my Escape 19 is 7 feet wide. I may have to mount it on an angle.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:42 AM   #37

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
How long is the ladder when folded?

I'm second guessing getting the 7' ladder since my Escape 19 is 7 feet wide. I may have to mount it on an angle.
6'. While the trailer may be 7' wide, I'm not sure I'd want the storage unit long enough for a 7' ladder.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Thank you, Ronn! I will ask ETI whether I can provide this hose holder to them for the already requested second sewer tube on my build. Long shot given that my build started 19th of Feb but worth a try...
With the help of my really helpful sales person Joldie, Escape agreed to try and install a Valterra A04-5094BK EZ Hose Adjustable Hose Carrier - 50" to 94" (as astutely suggested by Donna D. and reinforced by Ronn) as my second sewer hose carrier. ETI agreed to give it a try to install it at my risk. I will report later on if it was successful.

We will wait to confirm that the install was successful before buying the ladder to put into it.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:14 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
With the help of my really helpful sales person Joldie, Escape agreed to try and install a Valterra A04-5094BK EZ Hose Adjustable Hose Carrier - 50" to 94" (as astutely suggested by Donna D. and reinforced by Ronn) as my second sewer hose carrier. ETI agreed to give it a try to install it at my risk. I will report later on if it was successful.

We will wait to confirm that the install was successful before buying the ladder to put into it.
Please do post I’m interested in having them install one on my 21C
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:26 PM   #40
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Here a re a couple of photos of the fence post & mounting.
How did you attach the wooden cleat to the Escape frame?

Thanks
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote