Advice for those considering ordering a trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-11-2020, 02:59 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0 T.A.
Advice for those considering ordering a trailer

Buy one size larger than you think you’ll need. That is all.
Erik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post
I bought my 19 in 2017, still love it no desire for anything longer. Why you you unhappy with yours?
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Do your homework and buy the right trailer for you. 6 years with my 19 and no regrets. After 50 years tenting, I feel like I’m traveling with a 5 star hotel.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yup each one of us has different/ needs /desires. I loved my 17 but wanted a little more room also i like hauling a 5th wheel more then a bumper pull and I got tired of hitching up with the equalizer bars -heavy....hitching the 5.0 is easier for me. My friends are looking at a new Airstream Pendelton edition I loved the trailer!!! but the hitch looked so heavy to attach to a truck i would hate that also the price tag a bit heavy on the budget so not for me....
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I'm with Dianne, I'm very happy with my 17A.. Maybe it's a gender thing? Bigger is not always better.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:38 AM   #6

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
We love our 17A, it’s the perfect camper for us and our style of camping. Maybe we’re minimalists. I don’t like to have any clutter in or around the camper. Remember, “the glass isn’t half full or half empty; it’s twice as large as it needs to be”!

Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:02 AM   #7

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
Do your homework and buy the right trailer for you. 6 years with my 19 and no regrets. After 50 years tenting, I feel like I’m traveling with a 5 star hotel.
Traveling back to Minnesota after one trip with our Lance, we ordered a 21' while driving across Wyoming. When we got home we looked at another 21' and then we felt we needed to see a 5.0 to avoid regret. Traveled 150 miles to see the 5.0 and were at the owners for two hours. Got in the car and two blocks later agreed to change the order to a 5.0. Nearly two years later, over 300 nights sleeping, and 24,000 miles pulling, we have zero regrets. The 5.0 pulls like a 17 but lives like a 21. TETO!

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 09-12-2020, 10:50 AM   #8

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I'm with Dianne, I'm very happy with my 17A.. Maybe it's a gender thing? Bigger is not always better.
We originally ordered a 19, but switched our order to a 21 after I made the mistake of letting my wife go in a 21. Last winter in Arizona a couple pulled in next to us in a Scamp 13. They were on their second year of a 2 year tour around North America. I over heard the wife remark to her husband as she looked at our 21 “ why would they need something so big?” She was more than satisfied with their 13. Were all different.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
To each his own. We were happy with our 17B but I needed a permanent mattress. We bought the 19. We are very happy with it. More than enough room. The 21 would be too big. My friend has a Cougar fifth wheel and a Cummins, he says it’s just to big, he’s good for a 4 hour trip and that’s it. Us, London Ontario to Los Angeles and back. When we climbed into the mountains west of Denver, I realized bigger isn’t better, the 4Runner was working way harder than I was comfortable with.

Sure we upgraded, but at the time, we bought the 17B used, it matched up to the Tacoma well, the price was right and I doubt there were any used 19’s in eastern Canada, yes that was a while ago.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #10

We camped last weekend at The Pinery Provincial Park, all the sites in the area were for 25’ trailers. We’re glad we didn’t have anything bigger than a 19, a few spots on the way around our section we’re pretty tight. Scraps on a lot of the trees.

Another reason, over 20’, storage is a lot more.
Old 09-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Another reason, over 20’, storage is a lot more.
Doug, I am aware that Canada has done away with the penny. But I can say I’ve never paid one single cent to store my 5.0TA which does exceed 20’. Costly storage is not an issue if you live in a rural area without homeowner association rules.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #12

After 3 1/2 years of owning a 17' Casita, last year's 3 month trip to Alaska convinced us we needed something a little bigger. On our way home from Alaska I called Escape, got the name of an owner along our way, and we saw and loved the Escape 19. Got home and placed an order. We're now on our first trip with the new 19 and for the first two days I had this feeling in my gut that we had gotten something much bigger than we needed. THEN it started raining. We've been stuck inside almost all day and now we're both saying "this is the perfect size!"
Valerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #13

Trailer: 21C Jan. 15, 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik65 View Post

Always good advice. This pertains to most things. Has nothing to do with what we previously have.
Dcboyd is offline   Reply With Quote