Amazing (to me!) resource for housesitting while I’m traveling - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2021, 11:06 AM   #1

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Amazing (to me!) resource for housesitting while I’m traveling

I’ve just joined a website-based group called Trusted Housesitters. It was recommended by a cousin who’s turned to them for a number of years, with great success.

The site connects people who want to live “as part of/within” different areas and communities with those who want to travel/be away.
One pays for an annual membership - as a house sitter, or home (and pet) owner, or both. Other than membership fee, no money involved.

I am SO impressed with what has happened in the few days since joining!

Created a profile including estimated travel dates for a x-c trip I was dreaming about (in May/June). Within a day had 10 fabulous applications for looking after my entire place, including the farm animals, my two housecats, the grounds, everything.

Selected a lovely couple, we talked for an hour yesterday, it clearly is a legit site/resource, they are “legit” and — I feel SO freed up. With this sort of option, I have a feeling I am REALLY going to use my Escape - oh, we will have adventures. Wasn’t sure how to manage it, up til now!!!

Hope it’s ok to post this here - I promise, I am NOT on the payroll of the Trusted Housesitters, I am just so excited to know about them.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:10 AM   #2

Trailer: 2012 E19
Hmm, interesting. I'm happy for you! Do the sitters get paid, too?

Now, if only there were a group to join that would cause people to apply to me to come and house-sit for them, in locations I wish to visit. And pay me for the service. That could be a great way to vacation.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
No, the sitters do not get paid!

It’s really a great “trade” - sitters get to settle into an established home with companion animals to enjoy, without having to to pay for lodging/etc, and the “voyager” gets to travel with the confidence that his/her home & animals are being looked after by people who really want to be there.

And - fwiw - you could very likely find cool places to go and stay as a “sitter”, through this resource.

This morning, I talked at length with a gal named Emma, who’d reached out to, essentially, welcome me to the website (from site’s home base in Brighton, England). She told me (among other things) that there are ~80,000 members of the site. House sitters and people wanting sitters. You might find some pretty cool places to hang out, as a sitter, from what little I know of how this site works.